Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 02:02 PM

93,329 posts, read 123,972,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyoming Bound View Post
>>>In this country, minority groups are at a huge disadvantage financially (not gonna place blame, or state reasons...that list could take forever).<<<

You've GOT to be KIDDING ME!???!?!!?!?!?? How in the h*LL are minorities financially disadvantaged? No more so than the blue collar or lower middle class WHITE families, I assure you-in fact, LESS SO. It's easier to go to school, get a job (and keep it) as well as all sorts of different leg ups for minorities than it is for a white person. Now, if you are referring minorities who are broke compared to whites who are rich, then yeah, there's a big financial difference. But sit there and say they are more challenged financially JUST bc of their race, that's ludicrous. I'd like to have the $$ for all that bling and rims and music blaring and pay my rent, eat at the restaurants I work at (where all this bling arrives) and still have a little time/money to flash some extra cash around and pay for daycare for my children. Oh wait, I'm white. I don't get that kinda help from the government.
Just look at groups on average and then you will see what the poster was talking about. By the way, white women are the biggest benefactor of Affirmative Action. So, it's probably more about gender now too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2008, 02:05 PM

93,329 posts, read 123,972,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisboy View Post
Very good post.

It is such a shame to see so many good neighborhoods being taken over by "diversity." Entire towns, in fact. Towns that use to be nice until diversity kicked in.

I agree with the people on here that say that diversity is a mix of ethnic groups, not just black and white.
More like values and a fleeing economic base more than anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.