U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2012, 09:56 PM

576 posts, read 1,114,897 times

Advertisements

I need a break from all the rain in Seattle, need to raise my Vitamin D levels from 6 to 30 from the sun and not via supplementation, and need to swim in the ocean for what I feel are significant health benefits that I used to get monthly in my early life (but almost never get in the past 10 years). Feel like I currently have mild fibromyalgia, MS, lupus, sinus type symptoms that I never had in my 20s.

With that vent out of the way....

I want to take a 1-2 week vacation in January. Ideally California or Hawaii...but I am open to travel further from my current home (Seattle area -- super place excluding the usually incessant rain for 8 months).

Any beach and hotel recommendations? I prefer a beach that is not too crowded, but that is safe, plus has snorkeling. Ideally, would love a hotel room facing the beach, with a private whirlpool/hot tub. Am willing to pay for it, or use my various rewards points balances directly or via airline-hotel-credit card rewards program transfer mechanisms that I know off for many hotel chains.

Need wifi, and hopefully a nearby town where there are bars and other things to do. But nothing too rowdy like some of the popular places I have seen in San Diego or Miami.

Apologies if this is too specific a question for the US forums.

I will be a solo traveler, and am not looking to hook up.

Mostly, I hope to read about other people's experiences in beach areas. Even if you went as a family, please post if you like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.