Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2008, 06:42 AM

1,781 posts, read 6,963,035 times

Advertisements

Not unless LA falls into the ocean from a earthquake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2008, 11:03 AM

526 posts, read 1,058,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
Nah. That's okay. We'll keep it just so that LA can stay #2 or eventually #1, hopefully.
im not sure they can make it number one
you need to increase your population to 8 million IN ONLY L.A. not counting the burbs.
NYC still has it going for them due to manhattan having the restrictions of water on each side of it, and i dont think it would shift to number two seeing as that is the port for immagration and many people just tend to settle in NYC.

Old 09-21-2008, 12:15 PM

129 posts, read 368,610 times
Chicago will not surpass LA....just not possible....LA is waaay bigger than Chi-town now.

Old 09-21-2008, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldbfree007 View Post
Chicago will not surpass LA....just not possible....LA is waaay bigger than Chi-town now.
what happens when hollywood is dead?
i mean new york is becoming the next hollywood
id rather go to new york to become an actor then shoot all the way over to LA

Old 09-21-2008, 12:29 PM

4,465 posts, read 7,999,750 times
There are a number of climateologists who forsee a massive outflow of people from the SW, similiar to what we saw 1970-present from the Great Plains.

Too little water.

Old 09-21-2008, 12:41 PM

129 posts, read 368,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justalicious6989 View Post
The entire LA region has 18 million people and Chicago has 9.5 million. I just dont see Chicago catching up to that any time soon. I think Chicago is just fine like it is...beautiful city. Hollywood is not the only thing LA has going for itself....it has a diverse economy throughout its massive metro area. I think LA will slow in growth most definitely.

Old 09-21-2008, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldbfree007 View Post
The entire LA region has 18 million people and Chicago has 9.5 million. I just dont see Chicago catching up to that any time soon. I think Chicago is just fine like it is...beautiful city. Hollywood is not the only thing LA has going for itself....it has a diverse economy throughout its massive metro area. I think LA will slow in growth most definitely.
well talking only on the CITY LIMITS then Chicago is right behind L.A
of course not the region.
if you include the region then L.A is not far from NY with Ny having an estimated 19,750,000 in that region

Old 09-21-2008, 01:14 PM

2,787 posts, read 11,500,015 times
Quote:
Unfortunately, Hollywood isn't going to die anytime soon. But honestly, I'd rather people go learn to act in LA. I don't believe in movies... They portray New York, Chicago, and LA in the wrong way almost every time.

You're correct about New York bringing back film. Old, abandoned piers, factories, and buildings are becoming modernized film studios which supports indoor filming more. I don't like the fact that our celebrity population is growing. Nothing will make me angrier than to see Britney Spears hold me up for work because she has to be out. New Yorkers don't have the time or patience for Hollywood's **** and neither do I.

I pray to God that film doesn't grow any more than it already has in the past few years out here.

Old 09-21-2008, 01:17 PM

2,787 posts, read 11,500,015 times
Quote:
well talking only on the CITY LIMITS then Chicago is right behind L.A
of course not the region.
if you include the region then L.A is not far from NY with Ny having an estimated 19,750,000 in that region
You're way off. The population of the New York Metropolitan area is about 23 million, and due to the fact that people commute from Philly to NYC a lot now, in no more than a decade Philly will join NYC's metro. I know somebody who works for the Census. The population will then be about 30 million by that time.

Old 09-21-2008, 01:29 PM

1,780 posts, read 1,761,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
But its ok for them to trash every place in the nation, pretty much? Screw that. If they make fun of other places and cant handle a little jabbing back, then theyre even.... ahhh, nevermind.
I don't take offense to this because nobody talks like that here. Hella is strictly a NorCal thing, doobage?? I'm guessing that was lost in the 70's. Yea kids say like alot but so does the majority of other kids in the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.