Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2009, 10:51 PM

756 posts, read 1,874,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookout Kid View Post
Chicago has built an entire downtown Houston in the last six months alone. It's time to realize Houston's not in the big leagues, Angel713.
Funny sarcasm. Chicago can't build the third most continuous skyline in 6 months or years. Cool down your inferiority complex. Chicago has a great skyline; no need to insult the next most continuous skyline.
Attached Thumbnails
Do you think Chicago will ever surpass LA in population?-htown-skyline.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2009, 11:22 PM

11,973 posts, read 31,626,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coog78 View Post
Funny sarcasm. Chicago can't build the third most continuous skyline in 6 months or years. Cool down your inferiority complex. Chicago has a great skyline; no need to insult the next most continuous skyline.
Inferiority to what? I've been talking up L.A. and New York on this thread quite a bit.

Old 01-01-2009, 11:31 PM

11,973 posts, read 31,626,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
Even better:

Tier 1

A1. NYC
A2. LA

B. Chicago

Tier 2

A1. DC
A2. SF

B1. Houston
B2. Boston

C1. Philadelphia
C2. Dallas

Tier 3

A1. Miami
A2. Atlanta
A3. Seattle

Tier 4

You needn't bother yourselves.
I think I'd do it like this:

Tier 1

A. NYC (It really is it's own tier in the U.S., up there with London and Hong Kong worldwide)

Tier 2

A. L.A.

B1. Chicago
B2. DC
B3. SF/SJ (Bay Area, Silicon Valley)

Tier 3

A1. Houston
A2. Boston

B1. Philadelphia
B2. Dallas

Tier 4

A1. Miami
A2. Atlanta
A3. Seattle

Tier 5

Old 01-01-2009, 11:42 PM

1,107 posts, read 3,010,230 times
I think it wont not in our life times atlest

Old 01-01-2009, 11:55 PM

8,275 posts, read 22,986,942 times
Chicago will never pass LA in terms of pop, were talking about CHI gaining a million people while LA would have to stay stagnant or lose people in that time that it takes CHI to catch up. That's like the LA Angels being up 873 games on the Whitesox, and this is coming from a big Chicago guy. The top 3 will never change.

GB
LA Angels 0
Whitesox 873

Old 01-02-2009, 01:54 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,865,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spire View Post
You rounded down for Chicago, and up for L.A. Chicago's metro is probably just over ten million, and L.A's is somewhere around 17 million.

jessemh431: You stopped my counter argument in a way, believe me Seattle, San Fransisco, and San Diego could handle the cargo going into L.A. What makes you think they couldn't? Remember SF was once larger than L.A...even so, when the big one does hit, it will take out San Fransisco too.
Chicago's metro won't be above 10 million for at least another ten years...and I'm actually talking CSA. And please do cling your hopes on to the "big one".

Old 01-02-2009, 02:59 PM

464 posts, read 1,075,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel713 View Post
Chicago's metro won't be above 10 million for at least another ten years...and I'm actually talking CSA. And please do cling your hopes on to the "big one".
I have family in L.A...You're from Texas. Why would I want the big one to hit, devastating my dad's entire side of the family? You're an idiot. And since you seem to be so in love with L.A, L.A would be the size of Houston if illegal immigrants were not counted in its population. So technically, Chicago is the second largest city in the United States.

The Illegal Alien Conquest Of Los Angeles County

^Ignore the racism part about immigrants, but the numbers are accurate. All numbers are from L.A Times.

Chicago's metro is easily going to be over 10 million by 2010...If they don't have Chicago at 3 million, or above it, we'd know something is wrong, go to the city of Chicago, and if you are enough of a moron to say you don't see thousands of new housing units, despite the economy, you should get off this thread. The area has grown from 9.1 to 9.8 in eight years, and the city has another year before its 2010. It is definitely going to hit 10 million.

Can you not just deal with that seeing as you're from the state were they desire to be number one in something, but aren't? Dallas/Fort Worth wont be the nation's third largest metro, and Houston won't be the nations third largest city.

Last edited by Spire; 01-02-2009 at 03:08 PM..

Old 01-02-2009, 03:17 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,865,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spire View Post
I have family in L.A...You're from Texas. Why would I want the big one to hit, devastating my dad's entire side of the family? You're an idiot. And since you seem to be so in love with L.A, L.A would be the size of Houston if illegal immigrants were not counted in its population. So technically, Chicago is the second largest city in the United States.
So why speak about the big one? Who knows when it'll hit. I could also care less what family you have in LA.

Quote:
The Illegal Alien Conquest Of Los Angeles County

^Ignore the racism part about immigrants, but the numbers are accurate. All numbers are from L.A Times.
I'd like to see some proof to their claims.

Quote:
Chicago's metro is easily going to be over 10 million by 2010...If they don't have Chicago at 3 million, or above it, we'd know something is wrong, go to the city of Chicago, and if you are enough of a moron to say you don't see thousands of new housing units, despite the economy, you should get off this thread. The area has grown from 9.1 to 9.8 in eight years, and the city has another year before its 2010. It is definitely going to hit 10 million.
Really? It will? Why don't we look at the facts: Chicago-Naperville-Joliet, IL-IN-WI Metropolitan Statistical Area (CBSA) Population and Components of Change

Mind you this is the metro area (MSA, or Metropolitan Statistical Area). In 2000, the Census had Chicago at 9.1 million, but 9.5 million in 2007. That's about 400,000 in seven years. Tell me how Chicago's metro will gain another 500,000 in just two years.

Quote:
Can you not just deal with that seeing as you're from the state were they desire to be number one in something, but aren't? Dallas/Fort Worth wont be the nation's third largest metro, and Houston won't be the nations third largest city.
Our desire? Aren't you the one desiring Chicago to be the "Second City" even though it isn't anymore? You can't sat DFW won't be the nation's third largest metro and Houston won't be the third largest city because we don't know if it will or will not happen. Houston has the better chance though.

Old 01-02-2009, 05:43 PM

990 posts, read 3,175,005 times
^^^^^^

This rant is quite uncalled for

Old 01-02-2009, 05:57 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,037,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerichoHW View Post
^^^^^^

This rant is quite uncalled for
^^^^^^
This is uncalled for.

I think the problem with people from Chicago is that they still haven't accepted the fact that L.A. might actually be on a higher and more important level than them. On top of that, a few cities in the south are catching up with Chicago. No one is taking anything away from Chicago and saying it's nothing but an ordinary city. We understand you guys "were" the second city, but things have changed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.