Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2009, 05:18 PM

18,964 posts, read 32,437,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spire View Post
Mhm, but I don't get what you mean not speaking negatively of me lol? I'm white.

Here is the link: The Illegal Alien Conquest Of Los Angeles County

Although its from the L.A times, it does seem kind of racist. But whatever, if its in the L.A Times, it has to be true.
are you seriously treating this as a "legitimate" source of information? It doesn't cite anything and just says "All the Above from the LA Times" w/o referencing anything. I don't believe a lot of those statements at all, especially the 40% of workers being paid under the table and nothing on that site proves it true at all. Just b/c they say its from the LA Times doesn't mean it is or its even factual. They could be quoting some editorial or something. That website is crap and not a legitimate source of REAL facts or information. I can't believe anyone would actually treat such a junk website like facts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2009, 05:38 PM

2,498 posts, read 11,402,941 times
Quote:
Mhm, but I don't get what you mean not speaking negatively of me lol? I'm white.

Although its from the L.A times, it does seem kind of racist. But whatever, if its in the L.A Times, it has to be true.
I am really glad you posted this because it shows how your are trying so hard to look for FALSE facts. The Los Angeles Times actually wrote about how these statistics you used were not from the LA Times.

From the LA Times:
"No article has appeared in The Times with this list. And some of these "facts" appear to have been misleadingly edited from articles that appeared in the L.A. Times as many as 20 years ago and are now being cited inappropriately. When this Internet rumor started last year, The Times' opinion website looked into this hoax; here is the link to what they found:"

Here is a link:
Immigration statistics linked to Los Angeles Times are a hoax | La Plaza | Los Angeles Times

Note: This is actually from the LA Times instead of your website that looks like a 4 year old made. You are flushing your credibility down the toilet Spire. Spire, the lesson from this little story is don't believe everything you read on the internet, especially when their is no source.

Old 01-09-2009, 06:04 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,873,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
are you seriously treating this as a "legitimate" source of information? It doesn't cite anything and just says "All the Above from the LA Times" w/o referencing anything. I don't believe a lot of those statements at all, especially the 40% of workers being paid under the table and nothing on that site proves it true at all. Just b/c they say its from the LA Times doesn't mean it is or its even factual. They could be quoting some editorial or something. That website is crap and not a legitimate source of REAL facts or information. I can't believe anyone would actually treat such a junk website like facts.
He tried to use the same site against me earlier in this thread.

Old 01-10-2009, 01:21 PM

8,256 posts, read 17,256,590 times
Quote:

I meant I wasn't going to try to disprove you anymore until you could provide facts to support yourself.

And that article is definitely NOT from the LA Times.

And not every worker paid under the table is illegal...I'm white, born is Los Angeles, live in West LA, and get paid under the table.

Old 01-10-2009, 03:05 PM

464 posts, read 1,075,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
I meant I wasn't going to try to disprove you anymore until you could provide facts to support yourself.

And that article is definitely NOT from the LA Times.

And not every worker paid under the table is illegal...I'm white, born is Los Angeles, live in West LA, and get paid under the table.
Haha, your helping destroy our economy too! I seriously think that those percentages are from the L.A Times. I just think the person who made the site added his own opinion towards the bottom.

40% of L.A county is paid under the table, meaning 40% its residents can collect welfare, and be making cash on the side.

Anyway, Chicago only a huge chance at passing L.A if it for some reason began to annex again, which is probably not going to happen. Other than that, they can only build up, which is what they are doing for the most part. Plus they already have a huge lead on L.A in Residential Skyscraper. But it would be a while.

Old 01-10-2009, 04:56 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,873,146 times
What can Chicago annex? It's surrounded by cities that would most likely not want to be apart of Chicago. Chicago can't just annex at will. And yes, Chicago may have a lead on residential skyscrapers for now, but LA is building a lot more than just residential skyscrapers in its city limits.

Old 01-10-2009, 06:29 PM

464 posts, read 1,075,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel713 View Post
What can Chicago annex? It's surrounded by cities that would most likely not want to be apart of Chicago. Chicago can't just annex at will. And yes, Chicago may have a lead on residential skyscrapers for now, but LA is building a lot more than just residential skyscrapers in its city limits.
They aren't. That's why I'm saying its not going to happen lol. The suburbs don't want to be annexed as of now, and unless something drastic happens, they never will be.

Old 01-10-2009, 10:20 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,124,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel713 View Post
And yes, Chicago may have a lead on residential skyscrapers for now, but LA is building a lot more than just residential skyscrapers in its city limits.
There are, on any given day, dozens more projects in downtown Chicago than in L.A., especially in the last 10 years.

Old 01-12-2009, 05:44 PM

142 posts, read 271,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
There are, on any given day, dozens more projects in downtown Chicago than in L.A., especially in the last 10 years.
exactly in downtown choicago there are more contructions than downtown LA but in all of are you also considering the holliwood building the wilshire buildings which are in LA as well as the north side by the dodger stadium is almost all 5 to 10 story apartment complexes

Old 01-12-2009, 05:52 PM

18,964 posts, read 32,437,457 times
Quote:
Haha, your helping destroy our economy too! I seriously think that those percentages are from the L.A Times. I just think the person who made the site added his own opinion towards the bottom.

40% of L.A county is paid under the table, meaning 40% its residents can collect welfare, and be making cash on the side.

So you "choose" to believe what you want even though that BS site has already been proven to be full of false information?? 40% of LA County workers are NOT paid under the table and you have not provided one shred of legitimate evidence that even hints at that. Did you not read the link 'Missionhome' provided or do you just choose to conveniently ignore it b/c the FACTS don't support what you want to believe?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.