Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 12:01 PM

18,960 posts, read 32,424,325 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Thats cool. I just think everyone is getting sick of some Californians thinking that CA is nirvana, and that every other place, well, sucks.
And don't you think some people from LA are getting sick of their city getting trashed pretty damn hard nearly every time? take a look in the mirror please. Yeah I think some of the CA posters go overboard, especially some of the LA ones, but you have to at least put into perspective and get why some would do that. CA receives a lot of unwarranted hate on here and elsewhere. Go to USAToday.com and any story about CA, no matter what it's about, will have many comments from people just putting it down for no good reason. Or go around on some of the other sub-forums and look at all the anti-CA threads there are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2008, 12:16 PM

990 posts, read 3,175,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
And don't you think some people from LA are getting sick of their city getting trashed pretty damn hard nearly every time? take a look in the mirror please. Yeah I think some of the CA posters go overboard, especially some of the LA ones, but you have to at least put into perspective and get why some would do that. CA receives a lot of unwarranted hate on here and elsewhere. Go to USAToday.com and any story about CA, no matter what it's about, will have many comments from people just putting it down for no good reason. Or go around on some of the other sub-forums and look at all the anti-CA threads there are.
I really don't see that, there is hate for every city on here. I would have to say there is more hate for other places then LA.

Old 07-31-2008, 12:17 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,109,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Well, read some of your fellow Californians' comments on this board and maybe you'll see where part of the problem stems.

Old 07-31-2008, 12:20 PM

18,960 posts, read 32,424,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerichoHW View Post
I really don't see that, there is hate for every city on here. I would have to say there is more hate for other places then LA.

are you kidding me? Yeah places like Houston, ATL, or wherever may get hated on but not like LA. Put LA on a poll against any place and it will lose. On a thread yesterday many people voted for Africa over LA. What places get hated on more than LA?

Old 07-31-2008, 01:52 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,257,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesside View Post
Its not happening. But keep hoping.
I love it how Chicago needs a historic disaster in order to attract a mass amount of people to get it over NY and LA. Says alot about your "great" city.
If you don't believe in Global Warming what should I care, stay there if the glaciers melt. You don't know what you are talking about. Chicago already had 300,000 residents by the time of the fire. Los Angeles had not even 6,000 people.

Old 07-31-2008, 01:54 PM

1,734 posts, read 5,663,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
Just curious as to what people think. I think it's possible, but then again, LA is starting to transiiton to more urban living. If LA can have this high density with just single family homes, imagine what it would be like if our downtown expanded and many single family homes were replaced with low to mid rise apartments and condos. But then again, Chicago has already made the transition to urban living and it is much better to live in Downtown Chicago than Downtown LA which means more people can fit in one area which means Chicago may become larger. Chicago also has no barriers around its suburbs so they can just expand and expand while in LA, we have mountains blocking us.

I believe Chicago may one day pass LA at the rate LA is moving, but not any time soon. By the time Chicago has enough people to surpass LA, LA will have made a better transition to urban living which means we can fit more people into our small space.

According to Wiki, Chicago has higher density, but LA is mostly all suburbs, so if we become more urban, i don't think Chicago has a chance.
I highly doubt it. If anybody surpasses anything it will probably be Houston surpassing Chicago.

Old 07-31-2008, 01:57 PM

990 posts, read 3,175,223 times
Houston will soon see the big urban-suburban flip.

Old 07-31-2008, 02:01 PM

5 posts, read 8,888 times
No. Los Angeles seems way too big and there is more land

Old 07-31-2008, 04:13 PM

521 posts, read 1,623,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skywalker View Post
well i think he is refering to when califonia (the whole state) breaks off into the ocean that NV and AZ will become the new west coast. Ha
Unfortunately some people such as Steve-o, whos name is a perfect pun for his intelligence, need it clearly spelled out to them. I would suggest a course in logic, or common sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
But its ok for them to trash every place in the nation, pretty much? Screw that. If they make fun of other places and cant handle a little jabbing back, then theyre even.... ahhh, nevermind.
I love how he justifies his own bashing. Either ways, Im glad I dont know the guy because I could imagine how his personality must be. Fuel the fire instead of solving it.
From what Ive seen, most of the bashing is against LA, and Angelinos are merely defending their home by hitting back. But even if it was the way you are calling it, Angelinos on the offense, it looks like youre the only one taking it personal. Im sorry for that, but I dont know how to pass you a tissue online.
But really, you need to get past your inferiority complex, and quit comparing the size of your member, or lack thereof, to feel better about the situation.

The post is regarding if CH will pass LA in population. And some Loser makes the stupid, and sad remark, that LA will be flooded one day so CH will surpass it. I think its pretty pathetic that people like you would have to rely on such measures, and be so emphatic at a US city being flooded and millions of Americans dying all for the self-glorification that is CHICAGO. Good for you.

My comment was merely asking the hypothetical...if you want to measure greatness by population size, then why does CH need a historic disaster in order to pass NY and LA? Why couldnt CH's population surpass NY and LA in a natural way? Oh cant happen? Well maybe your city isnt as great as sliced bread after all.

Old 07-31-2008, 04:18 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,109,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesside View Post
Either ways, Im glad I dont know the guy because I could imagine how his personality must be. Fuel the fire instead of solving it.
Id let you have it, but Id get banned. Noone like yourself is worth it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.