U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2012, 03:02 PM

1 posts, read 560 times

Advertisements

Rank these metro by the percent of new jersyans/new york city raised people living in them (out of the whole population) and put the percentage of new jersey/new york city raised people living in them out of the whole population to the right of the cities when you rank them (guesswork)

Los Angeles
San Francisco-San Jose
Houston
Charlotte
Raleigh
Milwaukee
Chicagoland
St Louis
Toronto
Twin Cities
Detroit
Pittsburgh
Indianapolis
Dallas
Cleveland
Cincinnati
Columbus (Ohio)
NW Arkansas
Denver
San Diego
Las Vegas
Phoenix
Tucson
Corpus Christi
Sydney Australia metro
London UK
Vancouver BC
Winnipeg
Kalgoorie Australia
Hobart Tasmania Australia
Honolulu Hawaii
Atlanta
Kansas City
Green Bay
Fargo North Dakota
South Florida

(i want to move to a metro that doesn't have a lot of joisyans,yawkers,nothing personal,i just want to live away from them for once)

Last edited by flashypiont30949009; 12-31-2012 at 03:14 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2013, 12:08 AM

900 posts, read 1,131,241 times
New Jersey doesn't have many university spots compared to its population, so most out of state people at a lot of the universities in the Great Lakes area and Northeast are New Jerseyans, although the ones who stay after college aren't the ones who have the typical New Jersey attitude, since we don't like it either.

Old 01-01-2013, 06:54 AM

21,703 posts, read 31,568,690 times
To simplify matters I would recommend these four based on the original criteria of not having many NY/NJ transplants as well as their more direct opposite feel of NY/NJ in terms of residents.

St Louis
Detroit
Cleveland
Cincinnati

Old 01-02-2013, 02:23 PM

811 posts, read 847,514 times
Just off the top of my head: not scientific.

Los Angeles (5%)
San Francisco-San Jose (5%)
Houston (7%)
Charlotte (8%)
Raleigh (15%)
Milwaukee (2%)
Chicagoland (3%)
St Louis (4%)
Toronto (<1%)
Twin Cities (1%)
Detroit (4%)
Pittsburgh (9%)
Indianapolis (5%)
Dallas (7%)
Cleveland (6%)
Cincinnati (2%)
Columbus (Ohio) (3%)
NW Arkansas (<1%)
Denver (3%)
San Diego (6%)
Las Vegas ( 7%)
Phoenix (7%)
Tucson (4%)
Corpus Christi (1%)
Sydney Australia metro (<1%)
London UK (<1%)
Vancouver BC (<1%)
Winnipeg (<1%)
Kalgoorie Australia (<1%)
Hobart Tasmania Australia (<1%)
Honolulu Hawaii (1%)
Atlanta (6%)
Kansas City (1%)
Green Bay (1%)
Fargo North Dakota (<1%)
South Florida (20%)

Old 01-02-2013, 03:52 PM

1,189 posts, read 1,853,516 times
St.Louis in most areas is the polar opposite of NJ but in many areas its also very similar to NJ. I would suggest KC or Indianapolis if you want a city far from NJ.

By perecent i'd say maybe 3% of st.louis's metro is from NJ/NY area while KC it might be more but its still very different from NY/NJ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or