Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 08:16 AM

6,888 posts, read 8,265,684 times

Advertisements

This is nothing new with Asian Gay Guys in California. A good looking gay asia guy is a hot commodity with mostly white guys that have a special attraction for Asian guys. (Similar to how good looking sexy-exotic asian girls have always been desired by white military guys).

There was a time when SF was one of the few cities that offered a large assortment of these good looking Asia gay guys and white gays flocked to the city(SF) for them; Northern Cal always had a disproportionate larger population of asians in Sacramento, Oakland, SF, San Jose than other cities.

Cali has alot of Amer-Asian dudes as well. (half white, half asian, or half latino half asian). And they are quite popular in both straight and gays circles.

So yes I believe your friend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2013, 08:54 AM

153 posts, read 433,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimérique View Post
This is nothing new with Asian Gay Guys in California. A good looking gay asia guy is a hot commodity with mostly white guys that have a special attraction for Asian guys. (Similar to how good looking sexy-exotic asian girls have always been desired by white military guys).

There was a time when SF was one of the few cities that offered a large assortment of these good looking Asia gay guys and white gays flocked to the city(SF) for them; Northern Cal always had a disproportionate larger population of asians in Sacramento, Oakland, SF, San Jose than other cities.

Cali has alot of Amer-Asian dudes as well. (half white, half asian, or half latino half asian). And they are quite popular in both straight and gays circles.

So yes I believe your friend.
apparently california is a great place to be in if you live diversity but do not want to be desired by other races

Old 01-05-2013, 09:32 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,948,301 times
I find women to be terrified of strangers in the USA in general, they won't even make eye contact at the library or supermarket with a stranger. Like in the Rod Stewart song, "you wave your hand and they scatter like crows". That is probably variable in different parts of the country, and it would be easy to believe that women are a lot more skitterish from their experience in NYC or Cali than in Duluth. They feel safe in Duluth, but think they'll be eaten alive when they get to LA or NY or even Minneapolis.

They spend their money and time to make themselves attractive and then fear those whom they attract. Why?

Last edited by jtur88; 01-05-2013 at 09:45 AM..

Old 01-05-2013, 10:15 AM

I think in general the bad attitudes of women in the US exist in big name cities like NYC and Los Angeles.

Old 01-05-2013, 10:28 AM

Now I am curious, how do you guys think a middle eastern guy or guy who has that sort of ethnic appearance will be perceived in Minnesota?

My Indian friend is moving to Minneapolis.

Old 01-05-2013, 03:09 PM

6,888 posts, read 8,265,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Cold Shower View Post
Now I am curious, how do you guys think a middle eastern guy or guy who has that sort of ethnic appearance will be perceived in Minnesota?

A not so recent trend in Cali is that good looking East Indian gay guys are similarly popular as are good looking Asian gay guys amongst mostly white gay guys.

I think the whole middle eastern attraction is catching on too.

The common denominator with all of these attractions regarding races is how good looking someone is not so much what race they are. I think it is fair to say, that in the movies, TV and the media: the Asian, East Indian, and middle eastern actors are good looking people as are white, black, and latino actors.

In todays world amongst people under 35 and especially in Cali, we don't care about race - A good looking Asian guy can be just as popular as a good looking Black guy, or Arab guy, and so on. This all applies in straight circles as well.

I can't speak for Minnesota specifically, but if you are half way good looking coupled with being middle eastern in a predominately white state it just might play to your advantage.

Old 01-05-2013, 07:05 PM

37,799 posts, read 41,000,307 times
Quote:
I am friends with this one Chinese American guy, he is about 5"10 or so, well spoken, athletic build, and dresses very stylish (GQ worshiper). Many months ago (March) he had a good job offer to work in Duluth, Minnesota, he used to live in California before moving there. Well, my friend is a guy who loves to flirt and hit on a lot of women at bars. In California, he had decent results, here and there he would meet up with some decent looking women in his league but never really better looking than him (and he is a decent looking dude, no homo).

Well, I noticed a few months back that he hooked up with this beautiful gorgeous Blonde who looks somewhat like Hayden Panetierre (girl off Nashville).

So when he visited us back in December, we talked for a bit and he told me about how much success he has had with women in Minnesota.

Now my friend is the type of who when he does bad with women on a certain day, he will say he messed up big time and has done bad. He even jokes about not being able to attract beautiful women in NYC.

In talking to him about his stay in Minnesota, he told me how women approached him at Starbucks, asked him to come sit with them, often commented on his looks when he was standing in line at restaurants, and he has had it "exponentially" easier meeting and hooking up with attractive women outside of his own race. At one point he showed me some pictures of his time in North Dakota (yes they were dirty pictures) and he said that he noticed he would walk into a restaurant and women would look in his direction and smile.

The one thing he commented on was how women were "intrigued" by a Westernized and well spoken Asian guy there and were often curious about his culture. He said he never experienced that in California at all, all he did experience about his Asian heritage are women saying he isn't their "type". In Minnesota and North Dakota, he said that women would talk to him, smile, give him eye contact, and within a few days he would be sleeping with them (and he provided pictures). Then he said in his time at the clubs, when Gangam Style was played, women would try to dance with him.

Now to an extent this would come as a shock to a person but I want to know what you guys think.

I mean I believe him but it still shocks me that he is doing good with women in states where people say there isn't "diversity" and yet in California, a "liberal" state, he has complained about women negatively stereotyping him for his appearance.
I think he does better in the state where you don't live...so you have to take his word for how well he does.

Old 01-05-2013, 07:06 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,492,504 times
Quote:

We will roll out the red carpet for him when he gets off the plane, serve him drinks, everyone will be taking pictures of him, wanting to talk to him all the women will give him their number and the guys will all be jealous.

Old 01-05-2013, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
We will roll out the red carpet for him when he gets off the plane, serve him drinks, everyone will be taking pictures of him, wanting to talk to him all the women will give him their number and the guys will all be jealous.
oh that guy, he will feel like an Arabian Prince

but you people in Minnesota are so nice, I won't be shocked if you did that

Old 01-05-2013, 10:56 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,492,504 times
Quote:
oh that guy, he will feel like an Arabian Prince

but you people in Minnesota are so nice, I won't be shocked if you did that
Awe thanks sweetie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.