Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 11:40 AM

34 posts, read 51,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
What month would that be because for Jan is shows Miami with an average high of 74 and a low of 61.

Average Weather for Miami, FL - Temperature and Precipitation

It shows Honolulu at 81 and 65 for Jan.

Average Weather for Honolulu, HI - Temperature and Precipitation

Hawaii is definitely warmer than anywhere in Florida during winter.
I meant for this month ONLY.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2013, 12:08 PM

128 posts, read 327,362 times
When I think of Miami I think of drug lords and crime.

When I think of Hawaii I think of drinking Coronas on a white sand beach.

Maybe I watch too much TV?

Old 01-09-2013, 12:57 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,954,125 times
People in the central plains (western Kansas, Nebraska, eastern Colorado) love the winter. Sunny and mild most days but cold at night. Not much snow, except during a few blizzards every winter which shut everything down for a couple of days.

Old 01-11-2013, 10:23 AM

9,530 posts, read 16,512,408 times
I know I'm finding the Phoenix area is not nearly as warm this time of year as I thought it would be. Its sunny most every day, but the temps are not warm. It is in the 30's at night and maybe high 50's to low 60's daytimes. This week it will be in the 20's at night. Hell its warmer in Chicago right now. You need a lot more heat in your house here, because there is so little insulation unless it is newer. Its also very dusty which is understandable and air pollution is a serious problem here. So if you have sinus, allergy, respitory conditions, this area can aggravate all of them. If you want an actual warm place in the winter that is actually warm. Then I think So Fla and a few other areas of the state will do, as well as portions of South Texas. That's really about it.

Everyplace else gets cooler than you might like. Even San Diego is not the warm paradise many like to describe it as. Its still cool and doesn't warm up enough for many during parts of the wintertime.

Old 01-11-2013, 01:07 PM

3,721 posts, read 7,824,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
What month would that be because for Jan is shows Miami with an average high of 74 and a low of 61.

Average Weather for Miami, FL - Temperature and Precipitation

It shows Honolulu at 81 and 65 for Jan.

Average Weather for Honolulu, HI - Temperature and Precipitation

Hawaii is definitely warmer than anywhere in Florida during winter.
The Honolulu all time record low of 42 in JULY seems suspect.

This seems more believable: Honolulu - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 01-11-2013, 01:33 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,644,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjg5 View Post
The Honolulu all time record low of 42 in JULY seems suspect.

This seems more believable: Honolulu - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Didn't see that, yeah there is now way June and July's record lows are right there.

Old 01-11-2013, 04:50 PM

353 posts, read 656,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
I know I'm finding the Phoenix area is not nearly as warm this time of year as I thought it would be. Its sunny most every day, but the temps are not warm. It is in the 30's at night and maybe high 50's to low 60's daytimes. This week it will be in the 20's at night. Hell its warmer in Chicago right now. You need a lot more heat in your house here, because there is so little insulation unless it is newer. Its also very dusty which is understandable and air pollution is a serious problem here. So if you have sinus, allergy, respitory conditions, this area can aggravate all of them. If you want an actual warm place in the winter that is actually warm. Then I think So Fla and a few other areas of the state will do, as well as portions of South Texas. That's really about it.

Everyplace else gets cooler than you might like. Even San Diego is not the warm paradise many like to describe it as. Its still cool and doesn't warm up enough for many during parts of the wintertime.
The weather in the Phoenix area this week is very much below normal. You can go 5-6 years and not see weather this cold. Usually it's around 65-70 this time of year with lows about 42-50. On the flip side I've seen long stretches of days in Jan. where the highs are above normal. Some years you can see days 75-80 and nights 50-60. I prefer those years to the unusual cold snap we're having now.

Old 01-11-2013, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAX-PHX View Post
The weather in the Phoenix area this week is very much below normal. You can go 5-6 years and not see weather this cold. Usually it's around 65-70 this time of year with lows about 42-50. On the flip side I've seen long stretches of days in Jan. where the highs are above normal. Some years you can see days 75-80 and nights 50-60. I prefer those years to the unusual cold snap we're having now.

I'd prefer the temps you described 75-80. I've only been here since Sept and really since sometime in Sept its not been as warm as one would think. Today when I went out house after house has their shrubs and plants all covered. Several nights and am's of 20 degree weather.

Old 01-11-2013, 09:05 PM

7,725 posts, read 12,618,642 times
The best weather in the winter is down here in South FL. I could hardly believe it when I went to work the other day and it was in the 80s. Sun shining, wind-blowing, palm trees swaying. Unbelievable. Especially knowing the rest of the country is going through winter storms.

Old 01-12-2013, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
The best weather in the winter is down here in South FL. I could hardly believe it when I went to work the other day and it was in the 80s. Sun shining, wind-blowing, palm trees swaying. Unbelievable. Especially knowing the rest of the country is going through winter storms.

It does seem that way. South Fla is the place to go, for actual warm temps during the winter season. That is if one can handle living there Unfortunately many can't anymore. This morning here in suburban Phoenix it was in the 20's. They can keep this. I knew winter here didn't mean Miami weather, but I expected more moderate temps. Cold snaps for a few days are one thing, but this cool to cold weather started back in November. It has been well over a month, since it has been 70 here let alone 65. Nights are cold mornings are cold. There is only a 2 or 3 hour period, when the temp hits its high in the afternoon. Then it quickly goes down. Since the daily high just can't get up into the 60's. Its kind of disappointing. Today the high is only getting up to about 47 and tonight down to 25. .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.