U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 01:58 PM

Location: Work in NYC - Live in Philly - Transplant from Miami
2,304 posts, read 2,195,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
Cold in the morning???? Oh, that's right. You are in Tampa.
However, saying cold in the morning to a Californian is all relative. It's usually cold in the morning in most of the state all year long when compared to Tampa.

Our morning lows in Miami have been quite warm this year. It's been in the low 80s each day and around 70 overnight. I'm sure not complaining. That's about 5-7 degrees above normal for both the high and the low temperatures for January.
I hate you...I miss MIami so much.
I took this job in Philadelphia 3 years ago and everybody was asking me why I wanted to move from North MIami Beach to Philadelphia.
I was like "Meh, I went to college in Atlanta. The winter should not be that bad..." I was so wrong!
Let me tell you: As I went out today from my apartment, it was 28 F degree. I put the heater in my apt at 80, and IT IS STILL COLD!
Anytime people here asked me where I am from and I said Miami, I tried not to listen to their responds, especially when it revolved around "You move from Miami to Philadelphia?" as though it was the stupidest idea ever. I always felt like crying.
And people here say I am crazy when during summer, I could sleep like a baby with no AC when it is 85 degree outside.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2013, 02:26 PM

21,188 posts, read 30,359,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMP500 View Post
When I think of Miami I think of drug lords and crime.

When I think of Hawaii I think of drinking Coronas on a white sand beach.

Maybe I watch too much TV?
Visiting a place and seeing for yourself I find to be a more accurate way to assess. It also helps prevent from embarrassing yourself when making such broad analogies.

Old 01-21-2013, 02:32 PM

21,188 posts, read 30,359,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
The best weather in the winter is down here in South FL. I could hardly believe it when I went to work the other day and it was in the 80s. Sun shining, wind-blowing, palm trees swaying. Unbelievable. Especially knowing the rest of the country is going through winter storms.
I agree, though that weather isn't limited to just South Florida. The Central Florida area where I live has much the same going on. The St Petersburg/Clearwater area and Sarasota are similarly mild with prevailing Gulf breezes and plenty of sun. The state's interior (Orlando and much of Tampa for instance) tend to feel less mild without the prevailing ocean breezes.

Old 01-22-2013, 02:18 PM

630 posts, read 840,686 times
Hawaii hands down

Old 01-22-2013, 11:13 PM

217 posts, read 264,376 times
Los Angeles and San Diego have the best weather ever. That is one of the many reasons i live in LA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or