U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-18-2013, 04:58 PM
 
Location: worldwide
696 posts, read 880,397 times
Reputation: 481

Advertisements

Miami all the way and no competition if you are young, business oriented, hip , and want a vibrant city with beautiful people.

San jose if you are more into computers/technology and are more of a nerdy type who likes to sit at home and post on City-Data all day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-18-2013, 05:49 PM
 
14,111 posts, read 22,747,327 times
Reputation: 4208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hold on to the Nights View Post
How is so? tell me what is not true in my post?

is the 90+ degree weather nicer than the Bay area weather? I don't think so

Don't we get heavy summer thunderstorms and tropical storms on a regular basis?

Isn't downtown full of homeless?

iSn't Washington avenue full of prostitutes?

Isn't south beach full of gays skating in daisy dukes and thugs with big chains and jewelry harassing women?

Isn't Brickel a concrete jungle where you have 3 parking garages for every building?

Isn't most Brickel deprived of businesses except for crappy expensive restaurants?

BY the way I live in Miami so it's not like I'm an outsider bashing a city I visited for two weeks.
Anyone who only speaks of the negatives of a city(negatives that aren't even limited to said city) puts off a anti-city bias of that city. The Bay Area may not have 90 degree weather, or tropical storms in the summer, but They don't have prostitution, or homelessness, or gays, or thugs? Thats news to me. Yep, those are only Miami things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2013, 05:58 PM
 
Location: worldwide
696 posts, read 880,397 times
Reputation: 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
Anyone who only speaks of the negatives of a city(negatives that aren't even limited to said city) puts off a anti-city bias of that city. The Bay Area may not have 90 degree weather, or tropical storms in the summer, but They don't have prostitution, or homelessness, or gays, or thugs? Thats news to me. Yep, those are only Miami things.
I agree. If anything the bay area has MORE prostitution, homelessness, gays, and thugs. Especially gay and HOMELESS (SF area), now if you go over the bridge into Oakland you get the addition of more thugs and more prostitution.. yippie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2013, 09:00 PM
 
346 posts, read 841,043 times
Reputation: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityKing View Post
Miami all the way and no competition if you are young, business oriented, hip , and want a vibrant city with beautiful people.

San jose if you are more into computers/technology and are more of a nerdy type who likes to sit at home and post on City-Data all day.
This lmao. San Jose is the ultimate work and go home city. Miami is alive and filled with energy and character. Good, bad, and ugly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-19-2013, 12:45 PM
 
630 posts, read 840,402 times
Reputation: 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Millennium View Post
This lmao. San Jose is the ultimate work and go home city. Miami is alive and filled with energy and character. Good, bad, and ugly.
Sounds right even though that's only I hear about SJ. Miami is a paradise!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2013, 06:53 PM
 
91 posts, read 226,040 times
Reputation: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by foo cities View Post
Sounds right even though that's only I hear about SJ. Miami is a paradise!
Hmm... like I said, there seems to be quite a bit of anti-Miami bias on this forum. Some of the black people were complaining about a lack of black professionals. I've lived in cities with a lot of black professionals and that's not much of a draw. I'd rather have warm-to-hot weather and a vibrant culture. I'm leaning much harder towards Miami.

Plus it's cheaper than San Jose, and California is tax hell and no one can deny it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2013, 07:11 PM
 
Location: Springfield, Ohio
12,193 posts, read 10,409,482 times
Reputation: 11208
Quote:
Originally Posted by k-sol View Post
Hmm... like I said, there seems to be quite a bit of anti-Miami bias on this forum. Some of the black people were complaining about a lack of black professionals. I've lived in cities with a lot of black professionals and that's not much of a draw. I'd rather have warm-to-hot weather and a vibrant culture. I'm leaning much harder towards Miami.

Plus it's cheaper than San Jose, and California is tax hell and no one can deny it.
It sounds like you're leaning in the right direction. You should only relocate to San Jose if you're offered a job opportunity that's too good to pass up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top