U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 08:55 AM

14,111 posts, read 22,747,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Texas has four seasons - Almost Summer, Summer, Still Summer, and Christmas.

Of course I say that in jest - sort of! I do dearly love the long and balmy spring around here (in spite of the nearly inevitable ice storm sometime around Easter!). Here in Texas, spring often starts in late January or early February and the very pleasant temperatures can last into June. July, August, and September are just flat out hot. But here in northeast Texas we have plenty of lakes - and lots of air conditioning! October, November and December are usually beautiful, with crisp breezes and wide expanses of deep blue sky. January and February are often rainy and cold but so what? And we get snow at least once a year, which is enough for me. In fact, we got several inches of snow on Christmas Day this past year. WOOHOO!
I don't remember Spring lasting that long when I was in Texas. Then again, I kinda do remember now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2013, 10:50 AM

5,367 posts, read 12,974,087 times
Now that I've been here for 2 years I think L.A. has 4 seasons just not as extreme as many places. Wintertime highs on occassion in the 50s and 60s and lows in the 40s is fine with me.

Old 02-05-2013, 01:46 PM

9,729 posts, read 18,416,726 times
Its nice here today (70 degrees) but rain & cold is on its way soon.

Old 02-05-2013, 01:55 PM

1,576 posts, read 2,535,320 times
Growing up in Southern California where it's pretty much sunny all year with 60-70 degree temps. It does get boring seeing sunny weather all the time. I feel like I missed out on seeing Snow during the winter time.

Old 02-11-2013, 05:44 AM

9,729 posts, read 18,416,726 times
Its currently 33 degrees here & im looking forward to the warm up (65/51 by friday). It snowed here friday afternoon & it stuck for awhile but i dont miss the slush & freezing weather. The snow was wet which is common in this area & i dont care for it. I like the powder type snow like back east in penna.

Old 02-11-2013, 07:57 AM
Status: "Then everything change forever..." (set 12 days ago)

5,170 posts, read 8,019,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhornsfan87 View Post
It really sucks not getting to enjoy four distinct seasons. I'm sure at least some of you can share my pain.
Read and read well...

Currently, a lot of people in my town are not able to get to work because the snow storm on Friday/Saturday dumped so much snow, that towns and cities that are usually prepared to deal with snow haven't been able to clean most of the streets! The schools are closed because school buses can't go anywhere. There are places where the people will not see the asphalt of their streets until mid-week, at the very least. And its raining right now, which means the foot or two of snow outside is melting along with the added water falling from the sky and you know what that means? Two things, floods during the day and ice during the night.

For a few weeks we have had to endure butt freezing temperatures and I mean coooooooooold air. So cold, that going outside without gloves on, means you feel frost bites forming within minutes. That hurts so bad, its not even funny. So cold, you can actually feel the uncomfortable air as it enters your nostrils and goes down your esophagus and into your lungs. So cold, you don't really want to get out of the warm and comfortable bed in the morning. Walking outside is so uncomfortable, because the wind shoves the cold air right down to your bones, regardless how much winter clothing you are wearing!

It has been months since I have seen a green tree that wasn't a pine, months since I have seen colorful flowers growing all over the place. Its ridiculous that I can walk outside and expose myself to the sunlight and it will not feel warm at all! I'm tired of not hearing a single bird for months, of the days that are not really bright, of not seeing my beautiful people enjoying life whether its playing sports in a park, enjoying a picnic, entire family gatherings in the open air or anything else. I miss the beach. Oh yeah, they are still there, in a complete mess thanks to Hurricane Sandy and completely off limits, because who in their right mind will go near a beach with the freezing wind blowing from the sea?

I'm tired of driving around town and seeing the streets and sidewalks look so dirty, as if the streets were made of mud to have all this dirty all over the place.

Tired of the endless cloudiness, tired of the nonsense.

And here you are complaining that you don't have to suffer this? Lord have mercy!

Old 02-11-2013, 03:47 PM

2,759 posts, read 4,357,302 times
Somebody call the whambulance...

Old 02-11-2013, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio84 View Post
Read and read well...

Currently, a lot of people in my town are not able to get to work because the snow storm on Friday/Saturday dumped so much snow, that towns and cities that are usually prepared to deal with snow haven't been able to clean most of the streets! The schools are closed because school buses can't go anywhere. There are places where the people will not see the asphalt of their streets until mid-week, at the very least. And its raining right now, which means the foot or two of snow outside is melting along with the added water falling from the sky and you know what that means? Two things, floods during the day and ice during the night.

For a few weeks we have had to endure butt freezing temperatures and I mean coooooooooold air. So cold, that going outside without gloves on, means you feel frost bites forming within minutes. That hurts so bad, its not even funny. So cold, you can actually feel the uncomfortable air as it enters your nostrils and goes down your esophagus and into your lungs. So cold, you don't really want to get out of the warm and comfortable bed in the morning. Walking outside is so uncomfortable, because the wind shoves the cold air right down to your bones, regardless how much winter clothing you are wearing!

It has been months since I have seen a green tree that wasn't a pine, months since I have seen colorful flowers growing all over the place. Its ridiculous that I can walk outside and expose myself to the sunlight and it will not feel warm at all! I'm tired of not hearing a single bird for months, of the days that are not really bright, of not seeing my beautiful people enjoying life whether its playing sports in a park, enjoying a picnic, entire family gatherings in the open air or anything else. I miss the beach. Oh yeah, they are still there, in a complete mess thanks to Hurricane Sandy and completely off limits, because who in their right mind will go near a beach with the freezing wind blowing from the sea?

I'm tired of driving around town and seeing the streets and sidewalks look so dirty, as if the streets were made of mud to have all this dirty all over the place.

Tired of the endless cloudiness, tired of the nonsense.

And here you are complaining that you don't have to suffer this? Lord have mercy!
Sucks.

Old 02-11-2013, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigre79 View Post
Somebody call the whambulance...
Ohhhhhh!!!! (shots fired)

Old 02-12-2013, 06:47 AM

9,832 posts, read 7,672,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhornsfan87 View Post
It really sucks not getting to enjoy four distinct seasons. I'm sure at least some of you can share my pain.
I love L.A.'s "monotonous" weather, wouldn't trade it for anything.. Besides, if we want snow, Big Bear is thataway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.