U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2013, 07:20 PM

3 posts, read 7,093 times

Advertisements

Hey guys, I'm looking for a city in the U.S. with some fairly specific details. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here's the criteria I'm really looking to meet:
--Average or above average temperatures for the U.S.
--Preferably in the south or any other area with lots of different reptiles and amphibians.
--Nearby mountains (if possible, if not then that's fine)
--Left-leaning in terms of politics, or at least neutral
--Near a medium are large university (like 35 mins away at the most preferably)
--Lots of nature to see
--Average or above average snowfall (at least near a stage for the U.S.)
--Near some type of forest (e.g. not an area surrounded only by hundreds of miles of desert)

I should stress that the university is near is pretty important. I'm looking for somewhere that's strong in research, specifically biological research if possible (which is why I said medium or large, since usually the larger schools do more of that kind of research).

I know the above average temps AND snow are often times conflicting. Temps or more important, so long as it gets AT LEAST 15 or so inches of snow annually, although I'd certainly prefer more.

Does anyone know of anywhere in the U.S. that meets all or most of these criteria?

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2013, 07:46 PM

1,376 posts, read 2,408,887 times
Asheville, NC perhaps?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.