Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2013, 07:11 PM

1,980 posts, read 3,755,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
One or two big programs apiece nothwithstanding, when you look at how high school players perform at the BCS / NFL level, Seattle is not very impressive in high school football terms. Neither is Minnesota or San Diego.
Nonsense.

San Diego is a massive talent hot spot. Was recently the #1 NFL talent producing city! Seattle is in the top 15.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2013, 07:38 PM

2,923 posts, read 5,588,770 times
las vegas

the house always wins

Old 03-30-2013, 08:03 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,798,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout0417 View Post
DFW has TCU, SMU, UNT,UTA plus Cowboys.. As well as the premier HSfootbaal programs.
Fixed it for ya.

Please don't tell any TCU alumni that their school is in Dallas.

That's SMOO you're thinkin' of. (the typical response)

Old 03-30-2013, 11:17 PM

800 posts, read 777,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Why do you assume all the local talent goes to Washington? The top players recently have been poached away by USC and Stanford.

Ohio has a larger population, for now. So of course more #s, for now.

Bellevue would handle anyone in Ohio, including George Kenneth Griffey Jr. High School.
Well if we'd like to talk numbers the Seattle area has nearly double Cincinnati's population.

Why don't y'all come out and play us? Multiple magazines (ala Maxpreps and ESPN) have all written articles about HS football in Cincinnati. They haven't written one about seattle.

You say football support is on and off in Houston? Have you seen the football stadiums in Texas? Bellevue's stadium might as well be Cincinnati St. Xavier's practice field.

I checked out USC's current roster. There is only one player from Washington and he did not even go to Bellevue. Stanford, well there is as many players on the Cardinal's roster from Minnesota as there are from Washington. I checked out Oregon's, there are more players from the city of Cincinnati on the Ducks than the entire state of Washington. The only Pac-12 team that came even close to being majority Washington is Washington State. Washington State is one of the worst BCS conference programs in the country. So besides, "Wazzou" I have no idea who is poaching Seattle's talent.

As far as NFL talent, the Cincinnati Area has 19 players on current NFL rosters according to MaxPreps. The Seattle are has only 6 despite having nearly double the population of Cincinnati. Further more, the least successful team in the GCL, LaSalle, has more players in the NFL than Bellevue. Remember Seattle has double the population of Cincinnati.

All the roster stats were gathered by from the school's official websites.

The fact that you're making clearly ill-informed judgements about Texas, Atlanta, Miami etc. saying they're beneath Seattle I hope is taken up by posters from these areas. Congratulations on having great fans for the Seahawks. I will give y'all that.

Old 03-31-2013, 01:27 AM

20,502 posts, read 33,347,805 times
Quote:
Seattle is a better football city than Atlanta, Miami, and Houston. Seattle sells out their NFL and college football games, plus produces top 5 high school football teams. Fan support is terrible in Miami, mediocre in Atlanta, and off and on in Houston.

BTW, it is Husky, not Huskie, and they have led the Pac-10/12 in attendance the most seasons over the past 25. Plus they are building a new stadium. They are a top 20 program with the best fan base on the west coast.
One. Talent wise, Seattle has nada on the Southern cities. It is not up for discussion. It isn't on par quality nor quantity wise. Your nfl fanbase is great. Washington leads attendance in a conference that isn't that great in fan support to begin with.

Old 03-31-2013, 06:37 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,619,383 times
Quote:
San Diego is a massive talent hot spot.
no, not really. It's not bad, but it isn't in the same league as Miami, Atlanta, Houston, Dallas-FtW, or Los Angeles, which are the "massive" hot spots.

Quote:
Was recently the #1 NFL talent producing city!
According to who?

Quote:
Seattle is in the top 15.
top 15 of what?

i think you're just from Seattle and don't know anything about football, tbh. what you've said here is highly suspect.

Last edited by le roi; 03-31-2013 at 07:01 AM..

Old 03-31-2013, 06:49 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,619,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyIU29 View Post
Well if we'd like to talk numbers the Seattle area has nearly double Cincinnati's population.

Why don't y'all come out and play us? Multiple magazines (ala Maxpreps and ESPN) have all written articles about HS football in Cincinnati. They haven't written one about seattle.

You say football support is on and off in Houston? Have you seen the football stadiums in Texas? Bellevue's stadium might as well be Cincinnati St. Xavier's practice field.

I checked out USC's current roster. There is only one player from Washington and he did not even go to Bellevue. Stanford, well there is as many players on the Cardinal's roster from Minnesota as there are from Washington. I checked out Oregon's, there are more players from the city of Cincinnati on the Ducks than the entire state of Washington. The only Pac-12 team that came even close to being majority Washington is Washington State. Washington State is one of the worst BCS conference programs in the country. So besides, "Wazzou" I have no idea who is poaching Seattle's talent.

As far as NFL talent, the Cincinnati Area has 19 players on current NFL rosters according to MaxPreps. The Seattle are has only 6 despite having nearly double the population of Cincinnati. Further more, the least successful team in the GCL, LaSalle, has more players in the NFL than Bellevue. Remember Seattle has double the population of Cincinnati.

All the roster stats were gathered by from the school's official websites.

The fact that you're making clearly ill-informed judgements about Texas, Atlanta, Miami etc. saying they're beneath Seattle I hope is taken up by posters from these areas. Congratulations on having great fans for the Seahawks. I will give y'all that.
You are exactly correct. Oregon, Stanford and USC don't waste their time recruiting in Seattle. The best place to recruit out west is Los Angeles by a LONG shot. Hawaii, Oakland, Phoenix, and SLC in a tier after that.

I agree with you, Cincinnati has unusually good high school football for a city its size. Pair that with having an NFL team (also surprising for Cincy's size), and it has the makings of a solid football city, even if college football doesn't play a huge role there.

The area that's most impressive in high school, compared to what you'd think, is the Hampton Roads, VA area. That or perhaps the Lafayette, LA area.

Last edited by le roi; 03-31-2013 at 07:02 AM..

Old 03-31-2013, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyIU29 View Post

You aren't good at research, are you?

Quote:
I checked out USC's current roster. There is only one player from Washington and he did not even go to Bellevue.
No, you are not. I can name two off the top of my head including the #1 prep QB in the country in 2012.

Old 03-31-2013, 02:57 PM

Quote:
no, not really. It's not bad, but it isn't in the same league as Miami, Atlanta, Houston, Dallas-FtW, or Los Angeles, which are the "massive" hot spots.
San Diego = hot spot. Multiple Heisman Trophy winning hot spot, #1 pick in the NFL draft hot spot.

Quote:
According to who?
According to opening day NFL rosters some years back.

Quote:
i think you're just from Seattle and don't know anything about football, tbh. what you've said here is highly suspect.
Not from Seattle, know a TON about football. Used to work for one of the major recruiting services.

Old 03-31-2013, 03:01 PM

Quote:
You are exactly correct. Oregon, Stanford and USC don't waste their time recruiting in Seattle.
You know nothing about football. Zilch.

The #1 QB in the country is from Seattle area and is enrolled right now at USC. So is one of the top DL. David DeCastro, Josh Garnett are at or were recently at Stanford. Jonathan Stewart went to Oregon and the school regularly recruits Washington because the state of Oregon is small.

Texas recruits the Seattle area (went after Ausitn Seferian-Jenkins a few years back, landed Eric Metcalf once upon a time). LSU has recruited the Seattle area. So has Miami, Florida State, Michigan (Larry Stevens, Steve Schilling, and more), Notre Dame (Demitrius DuBose, Lake Dawson, Carlos Pierre-Antoine, and more), North Carolina, Ohio State, Penn State (Mac Morrison, and others), and many other schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.