Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 02:00 PM

22,379 posts, read 38,692,573 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
There is no benefit to Daylight savings......................... "none".

Well this week sunlight till a little after 7PM is to me a tangible benefit
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2013, 02:03 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,270,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
There is no benefit to Daylight savings......................... "none".
Reminder of smoke alarm battery change.
I dont even know that is needed one of my alarms started doing these short beeps letting me know battery dying so... your right it has no purpose.
I remember in my club years I loved Spring forward then it was extra hour to drinkon that Saturday night.

My PC didnt update as it older than the new DST and it was a pain in arse trying to find a patch.
I manually adjusted the time on PC but CD time stamps are hour behind.

Old 03-14-2013, 03:24 AM

2,758 posts, read 5,254,409 times
Love it. Now I can get a couple of snowboard runs in after work while it's light out! I can't do much with sunshine in the morning, since all I'm going to do is go to work, but being able to play afterwards is nice. Gives us a jump start on the long summer evenings after the dark days of winter.

Old 03-14-2013, 03:32 AM

3,721 posts, read 7,790,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigre79 View Post
Love it. Now I can get a couple of snowboard runs in after work while it's light out! I can't do much with sunshine in the morning, since all I'm going to do is go to work, but being able to play afterwards is nice. Gives us a jump start on the long summer evenings after the dark days of winter.
I fully agree! Post work daylight is way better than pre work daylight. Take from the am and give to the pm. Too bad DST doesn't exist year round, although I would even settle for a compromise time half way between daylight and standard time if it meant never having to change the clock again.

Old 03-14-2013, 07:18 AM

1,224 posts, read 2,268,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigre79 View Post
I think it is all a matter of preference. I do like sunshine in the morning because I am not a morning person and it is much much easier to get up and ready for work when it's light out. In winter I am always like a zombie before 9 am.

As a night person, I also love summer nights - pitch black and hot. So I wouldn't mind it becoming dark a bit earlier in the evenings.

Old 03-14-2013, 07:45 AM

4,966 posts, read 6,229,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlady View Post
I'm in the hate it category. Doesn't even make sense for Texas. We're at the western edge of the Central time zone so in the summer it can be light until after 8:30. Totally not necessary.
That's nothing. Indiana is on the extreme western edge of the eastern time zone. During the summer, the sun doesn't set until 9:20, making it still somewhat light out until almost 10PM. Some still argue we should be in central time, but then we'd have sunsets in the middle of December and January at 4PM. That sounds even worse.

Old 03-14-2013, 08:59 AM

1,580 posts, read 2,878,626 times
I like it. For me it is much better to have daylight after work than before work. I find short winter days to be depressing, and it is even more so when DST ends and it gets dark at 4:30. Three cheers for longer days and more sunlight later in the day.

Old 03-14-2013, 10:08 AM

23,771 posts, read 28,858,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 124c41 View Post
Personally, why don't they leave the time-switching alone. When I was growing up, one time, year-round was good enough for us all. Is there really a valid argument for changing the time back and forth, now?
agree, and I am one of a growing multitude that refuse to observe DST in my day-to-day activities

Old 03-14-2013, 10:57 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

46,011 posts, read 53,168,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
Well this week sunlight till a little after 7PM is to me a tangible benefit
Agreed. People can complain all they want, but for me that's much, much better than any of the negatives.

Old 03-19-2013, 05:06 PM

2,758 posts, read 5,254,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
agree, and I am one of a growing multitude that refuse to observe DST in my day-to-day activities
So you show up to appointments an hour late for half the year?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.