Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2013, 04:11 AM

59 posts, read 88,813 times

Advertisements

Revised list.

Indianapolis
Columbus
Kansas City
Charlotte
Louisville
Milwaukee
Nashville
Omaha (Seems like it might be kind of dead downtown, am I wrong?)
Minneapolis (Meh, cold)

Given that most of these seem to be similar in more ways than not, I'll probably wind up where the nicest women are
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2013, 07:08 AM

1,222 posts, read 2,278,803 times
How important for you is the point "mild weather" which you mentioned in your OP? If it is very important then x out Milwaukee, Minneapolis and Omaha. Possibly also Columbus and Indy.

Old 03-17-2013, 07:14 AM

3,892 posts, read 5,512,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp377 View Post
Revised list.

Indianapolis
Columbus
Kansas City
Charlotte
Louisville
Milwaukee
Nashville
Omaha (Seems like it might be kind of dead downtown, am I wrong?)
Minneapolis (Meh, cold)

Given that most of these seem to be similar in more ways than not, I'll probably wind up where the nicest women are
Well Indianapolis would win that title.
Hoosier Hospitality cant be beat.
Need proof? google up Indianapolis hosts Super Bowl 46 read some of the rave reviews the city received.
Indy also has a diverse range of women to choose from too and its downtown is one of the most vibrant in the country. its like a Mini-New York.

Old 03-17-2013, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob702 View Post
How important for you is the point "mild weather" which you mentioned in your OP? If it is very important then x out Milwaukee, Minneapolis and Omaha. Possibly also Columbus and Indy.
It's not that important, but Milwaukee and Minneapolis are hanging on by a thread right now in good part for that reason.

I think I'd be fine with the rest.

Old 03-17-2013, 09:25 AM

37,800 posts, read 41,003,240 times
Quote:
I was hoping I could get some input. I'm looking to move. Location is not an issue, any region in the continental US is game for me. Cost is not an issue at this point, I will consider that later. I am 22 for what it's worth.

I'm currently living in the northeast, have never been anywhere else, and I hate it. I hate the people. They are arrogant, shallow, unfriendly, and neurotic. That's my primary issue.

Basically what I'm trying to do here is find the opposite of all that. I'm just going to throw out some random thoughts here.

- Mild weather.
- Laid back, conservative (not as in politically conservative, more in a general sense, although politically conservative is fine). Again, let me emphasize laid back. This is very important to me.
- Lack of urbanite hipster douche bags.
- Urban or semi urban. I am not the country type.
- Friendly people. Very important.
- I'm not religious, but I don't mind sane religious people at all, as long as they don't mind me.
- Nice women. I like those.
- I am not the party/club type. Couldn't care less. I am social however.
- Relatively low crime. Obviously.

I've already disqualified most of: the northeast (neurotic nutjobs), the western coastal areas (hipster douche bags), and the west (too rural).

Help me out here. Thanks!
Do you need a job? If the answer is yes, look there.

Old 03-17-2013, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Do you need a job? If the answer is yes, look there.
I'm self employed. 80% of my work is remote, and the remaining 20% requires travel all over the country anyway.

Old 03-17-2013, 11:53 AM

623 posts, read 958,010 times
Quote:
I was hoping I could get some input. I'm looking to move. Location is not an issue, any region in the continental US is game for me. Cost is not an issue at this point, I will consider that later. I am 22 for what it's worth.

I'm currently living in the northeast, have never been anywhere else, and I hate it. I hate the people. They are arrogant, shallow, unfriendly, and neurotic. That's my primary issue.

Basically what I'm trying to do here is find the opposite of all that. I'm just going to throw out some random thoughts here.

- Mild weather.
- Laid back, conservative (not as in politically conservative, more in a general sense, although politically conservative is fine). Again, let me emphasize laid back. This is very important to me.
- Lack of urbanite hipster douche bags.
- Urban or semi urban. I am not the country type.
- Friendly people. Very important.
- I'm not religious, but I don't mind sane religious people at all, as long as they don't mind me.
- Nice women. I like those.
- I am not the party/club type. Couldn't care less. I am social however.
- Relatively low crime. Obviously.

I've already disqualified most of: the northeast (neurotic nutjobs), the western coastal areas (hipster douche bags), and the west (too rural).

Help me out here. Thanks!
Spokane isn't too rural. Sounds like it would be your type of place.

Old 03-17-2013, 02:25 PM

3,892 posts, read 5,512,078 times
Quote:
I'm self employed. 80% of my work is remote, and the remaining 20% requires travel all over the country anyway.
Well good news is Indianapolis has an international airport and 80% of the US population is within a days drive.
So thats a good bonus

Old 03-17-2013, 09:21 PM

7,070 posts, read 16,740,696 times
Blah... Indy folks come down to Louisville to party. Louisville or Nashville is where you want to be. I would lean toward Louisville just because it is much cheaper, less traffic, and less "overplayed."

louisville.eater.com
Metromix | Your Restaurants, Nightlife & Events Guide
Home | Louisville's Alt-Weekly | LEO Weekly
LouisvilleHotBytes.com
Consuming Louisville* *
Insider Louisville | Made You Look

and most importantly New2Lou

Old 03-18-2013, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by takuriver View Post
Spokane isn't too rural. Sounds like it would be your type of place.
Might be a little small (was looking for a larger metro area) but I will research a bit on it. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadrippleguy View Post
Well good news is Indianapolis has an international airport and 80% of the US population is within a days drive.
So thats a good bonus
I've been leaning more and more towards the midwest in general partly for this reason.

A few more days of research and it's time for a road trip. Indianapolis is probably my top pick at this point but of course I want to see them in person first.

Indianapolis, Charlotte, Kansas City, Columbus, Louisville, Nashville, Pittsburgh. With the exception of KC, I can just go south and then drive in a large circle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.