Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 08:35 PM

1,985 posts, read 3,318,085 times

Advertisements

Minneapolis-St. Paul Area Residents Most Likely to Feel Safe

Kinda cool to look at.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2013, 08:42 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,297,887 times
I'm surprised to see St. Louis so high up on the list with it being the murder capital a few years ago.

Old 04-24-2013, 09:59 PM

1,985 posts, read 3,318,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
I'm surprised to see St. Louis so high up on the list with it being the murder capital a few years ago.
I agree. I expected it to be lower down the list.

Old 04-24-2013, 10:23 PM

3,892 posts, read 5,511,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austinite101 View Post
Nice to see Indy high on the list.
However after looking at Detroit I question why would you use a whole metro area and not give some stats for the city proper?
Cause we cant forget Core cities like Chicago/Detroit/St Louis are very unsafe and plagued by crime.

Old 04-25-2013, 08:09 AM

11,289 posts, read 26,189,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadrippleguy View Post

However after looking at Detroit I question why would you use a whole metro area and not give some stats for the city proper?
Cause we cant forget Core cities like Chicago/Detroit/St Louis are very unsafe and plagued by crime.
The thread is specifically stating how people in metro areas feel towards crime. If you don't agree then start a new thread....??

I know you hate Chicago and are obsessed with Indianaplis, but it's kinda embarassing when you state things like "we can forget core cities like Chicago" and then say how you're happy Indy is high up on the list when Indianapolis' homicide rate is currently 58% higher than Chicago's right now. Indianapolis' assault rates are 49% higher than Chicago, their burglary rates are over 80% higher and theft is 21% higher. At least take a quick second before blowing your whole case out of the water.

Old 04-25-2013, 08:14 AM

5,525 posts, read 13,947,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago60614 View Post
The thread is specifically stating how people in metro areas feel towards crime. If you don't agree then start a new thread....??

I know you hate Chicago and are obsessed with Indianaplis, but it's kinda embarassing when you state things like "we can forget core cities like Chicago" and then say how you're happy Indy is high up on the list when Indianapolis' homicide rate is currently 58% higher than Chicago's right now. Indianapolis' assault rates are 49% higher than Chicago, their burglary rates are over 80% higher and theft is 21% higher. At least take a quick second before blowing your whole case out of the water.
Oh come on, you gotta cut BRG some slack, he worships at the alter of Indy. You can't expect him to take into account facts and statistics.

Old 04-25-2013, 08:16 AM

1,157 posts, read 1,655,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadrippleguy View Post
You sound like a sheltered, ignorant, scared, uninformed, suburban, stereotype-eating, city-fearing bigot. What a stupid thing to say. Most people live safe, quality lives in the cities of Chicago, Detroit and St. Louis. You make Indianapolis look bad and I'd be terribly embarrassed by you if I lived there. Thankfully, I live in a much cooler, more urban city.

Old 04-25-2013, 08:34 AM

4,675 posts, read 7,400,914 times
Quote:
Yep. Most likely to feel safe and most likely to be safe are two very different things.

Old 04-25-2013, 09:18 AM

3,892 posts, read 5,511,660 times
Quote:

For the 1000th and last time. come back at the end of the year then well compare and count homicide rates.
Cause if Chicago has a huge spike in homicides maybe I should rub it in your face just for comparison.............
Not to mention the high profile murders of a 6 month old baby and Pendleton.

Old 04-25-2013, 09:27 AM

14,353 posts, read 17,019,980 times
Quote:
The thread is specifically stating how people in metro areas feel towards crime.
Actually, the poll asked if people felt safe walking at night. It's highly possible in some metros people aren't concerned about crime so much as being accidentally hit by a car - particularly in areas where nearly no one walks at night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.