Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where can I find my PR lover?
Chicago 1 0.99%
Cleveland, Ohio 1 0.99%
Buffalo / Upstate NY 1 0.99%
Boston 3 2.97%
Connecticut 5 4.95%
New York City 29 28.71%
New Jersey 4 3.96%
Philadelphia / Eastern Pennsylvania 19 18.81%
Hampton Roads VA (Norfolk, VA Beach) 1 0.99%
Jacksonville, Florida 1 0.99%
Orlando / Central Florida 9 8.91%
Tampa Bay 0 0%
Right here in Houston, TX 0 0%
a visit to Puerto Rico 27 26.73%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 10:30 PM

11 posts, read 46,761 times

Advertisements

Since you said you want a BILINGUAL Puerto Rican, your best bet is to go to the Northeast, and being that u said u wanted to live in a city, I would say New York, Philly, or Boston. Puerto Ricans in PR usually only speak spanish, and Ricans in Florida are usually fresh off the boat from PR.. then again, Ricans in PR and Florida are more traditional, while Ricans in Northeast are more 'Americanized' because they been there longer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2013, 01:32 AM

16,200 posts, read 22,926,586 times
If you want a Puerto Rican man? The op should visit the Bronx which as the 2nd largest population of Puerto Ricans outside of PR. I just hope that the op dont mind dating or being in a relationship with a pr guy who dropped out of high school.

Old 05-02-2013, 11:47 AM

353 posts, read 393,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I'm going to be real with you. Your a black female looking for a life time Puerto Rican male spouse. The regions of this country which has a decent sized Puerto Rican population is NYC area plus its suburbs, NJ, Eastern PA, Central Florida like Orlando and Tampa, and Puerto Rico itself. Now you want a Puerto Rican male but on the flip side does a Puerto Rican male want you. ON the streets of NYC I rarely see a Puerto Rican man or even a typical Latino man with a black woman, hell I don't even see them with afro Latinas. You have a up hill battle when it comes finding a Latino man for a black woman, you better try going for white men. I know a lot about Puerto Ricans because I grew up with them and most do not date black women, they will sleep and have sex with one, hell might even give you a baby but will not be in a long commited relationship with black women. That's not to say all Puerto Rican men are like that, however if you come to a city like NY or Central Florida and find a decent educated Puerto Rican guy you might be in luck. I can say that you goal is very unrealistic, also try the Island of enchantment aka Puerto Rock for a PR man.
The OP didn't ask for your opinion regarding her dating or marriage prospects. I find it very interesting that you are quick to tell black women (as a group), which men do not want us as life time partners. Yet, I'm sure you want to be viewed and treated as an individual and not lumped in with the black male thugs, deadbeats and criminals in NYC. Treat others as you wish to be treated. If you don't like others assigning stereotypes to you or lumping you into a collective stereotype, don't be so quick to do it to others.

As a black woman, I am well aware that some people have various preferences and I'm fine with that, but there are many people out there who do not fit the stereotypes, and I've found these people to be far more supportive and loving than, *gasp* most of the black males that I've encountered. How Ironic.

Old 05-02-2013, 04:26 PM

16,200 posts, read 22,926,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary20852 View Post
The OP didn't ask for your opinion regarding her dating or marriage prospects. I find it very interesting that you are quick to tell black women (as a group), which men do not want us as life time partners. Yet, I'm sure you want to be viewed and treated as an individual and not lumped in with the black male thugs, deadbeats and criminals in NYC. Treat others as you wish to be treated. If you don't like others assigning stereotypes to you or lumping you into a collective stereotype, don't be so quick to do it to others.

As a black woman, I am well aware that some people have various preferences and I'm fine with that, but there are many people out there who do not fit the stereotypes, and I've found these people to be far more supportive and loving than, *gasp* most of the black males that I've encountered. How Ironic.

Whoa Mary Mother of god don't hold your breath. I did not say that men collectively as a group don't want black women, I never said that, so please don't put assumptions in mouth. Two said most Puerto Rican men do not date or even have long fulfilling relationships with black women, hell I even know some people who's father is Puerto Rican and mother is black however the relationships ended with a baby or babies involved, overall nice mix with beautiful mulatto babies. Do you know Harlem Congressman Charles Rangel is father is Puerto Rican and his mother is African American, but then again he was born in a much different generation. Black women are very desirable women have their picks, but their options are much limited because they are less Black men naturally plus plenty of Black men do opt to date out of their race, plus men like Hispanic and White face plenty of desirability from Hispanic women, White women and Asian women putting Black women at a huge disadvantage, plus Black women do not desire Asian and Native American men, not to see you guys cant land a man of another race but a lot of work has to be put into to take on an initiative to seek and date outside. Also I know that op is not looking for a relationship but just only looking for a "Puerto Rican lover" which is very ambiguous and vague statement. She can come to NYC, Philly, Boston and throw herself at countless of PR men who are already in established relationships, they wont mind being with her for the time being while the wife or gf is at work. I like Black women, but do most Black women like me or find me desirable even though I can be a good provider? Necessarily no because I lack swag and bravado they seek, nothing is wrong with that and people should be entitled to preferences with what they like if its realistic or not, or for better or worse. I'm all for whatever makes people happy initial beginning of euphoria.

Lol I'm far from a Thug, some view me as Yuppie while others view me as an average Joe. Deadbeat I don't have any kids, why would I want to father kids in my own community where relationships don't last long due to the lack of happiness and fulfillment women are entitled too, and your offspring's have to move through the child support and welfare systems. And criminals, nah I'm good, and for the record, my record is clean and yes I live in one of the poorest congressional districts in the country, but I do well for myself and still doing better than most.

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 05-02-2013 at 04:41 PM..

Old 05-02-2013, 07:46 PM

559 posts, read 1,388,865 times
Quote:
Whoa Mary Mother of god don't hold your breath. I did not say that men collectively as a group don't want black women, I never said that, so please don't put assumptions in mouth. Two said most Puerto Rican men do not date or even have long fulfilling relationships with black women, hell I even know some people who's father is Puerto Rican and mother is black however the relationships ended with a baby or babies involved, overall nice mix with beautiful mulatto babies. Do you know Harlem Congressman Charles Rangel is father is Puerto Rican and his mother is African American, but then again he was born in a much different generation. Black women are very desirable women have their picks, but their options are much limited because they are less Black men naturally plus plenty of Black men do opt to date out of their race, plus men like Hispanic and White face plenty of desirability from Hispanic women, White women and Asian women putting Black women at a huge disadvantage, plus Black women do not desire Asian and Native American men, not to see you guys cant land a man of another race but a lot of work has to be put into to take on an initiative to seek and date outside. Also I know that op is not looking for a relationship but just only looking for a "Puerto Rican lover" which is very ambiguous and vague statement. She can come to NYC, Philly, Boston and throw herself at countless of PR men who are already in established relationships, they wont mind being with her for the time being while the wife or gf is at work. I like Black women, but do most Black women like me or find me desirable even though I can be a good provider? Necessarily no because I lack swag and bravado they seek, nothing is wrong with that and people should be entitled to preferences with what they like if its realistic or not, or for better or worse. I'm all for whatever makes people happy initial beginning of euphoria.

Lol I'm far from a Thug, some view me as Yuppie while others view me as an average Joe. Deadbeat I don't have any kids, why would I want to father kids in my own community where relationships don't last long due to the lack of happiness and fulfillment women are entitled too, and your offspring's have to move through the child support and welfare systems. And criminals, nah I'm good, and for the record, my record is clean and yes I live in one of the poorest congressional districts in the country, but I do well for myself and still doing better than most.
You might be surprised at how many black women do desire Asian and Native American men.

Also, a lot of us are not seeking a guy with swag or bravado. A lot more black women would like you than you think, if you think that lacking swag or bravado is keeping black women from being interested in you.

Old 05-02-2013, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Whoa Mary Mother of god don't hold your breath. I did not say that men collectively as a group don't want black women, I never said that, so please don't put assumptions in mouth.
You should re-assess your post, because it is most certainly implied, by your words.

Quote:
Two said most Puerto Rican men do not date or even have long fulfilling relationships with black women, hell I even know some people who's father is Puerto Rican and mother is black however the relationships ended with a baby or babies involved, overall nice mix with beautiful mulatto babies.
As I have already mentioned to 14Bricks, every woman who wants a husband, needs to learn the art of vetting. Instead of focusing on the guy's ethnicity or race, one needs to focus on his intentions. Why aren't you warning black women about black males? *Gasp* The number of out of wedlock mixed Black/ Puerto Rican children are inconsequential when one considers the vast number of black out of wedlock abandoned children.

Quote:
Do you know Harlem Congressman Charles Rangel is father is Puerto Rican and his mother is African American, but then again he was born in a much different generation.
When I lived in Harlem, while attending grad school, I interned for Congressman Rangel.

Quote:
Black women are very desirable women have their picks, but their options are much limited because they are less Black men naturally plus plenty of Black men do opt to date out of their race, plus men like Hispanic and White face plenty of desirability from Hispanic women, White women and Asian women putting Black women at a huge disadvantage.
I learned at quite an early age that my reality is the reality that I create. Although I do not disagree that a number of men from all races have preferences that lean towards Anglo features, I as a dark woman have my own unique and beautiful traits. I accentuate my God given beauty, by eating healthy, and maintaining my overall mind, body and soul. As a result, I am able to attract a wide variety of quality men. I have plenty of options and I exercise those options each and every day.

Quote:
...Black women do not desire Asian and Native American men, not to see you guys cant land a man of another race but a lot of work has to be put into to take on an initiative to seek and date outside.
Actually, an ever growing number (mostly middle income) black American women are attracted to and dating/marrying a variety of different types of guys. The assumption is that all black women only desire black guys, but I assure you that there are some of us who do not only desire or date black men. There are a number of forums where we express our viewpoints. One of my favorite spots is, Beyond black and White: Beyond Black & White the Premier Online Magazine for the New, NEW Black Woman

Yes, it may be a bit more difficult to date non black men, but not for the reasons that you think. The truth is, a number of men falsely believe that black women are only interested in black guys, so a black woman who is interested in a non black guy will have to show a little more interest in the guy that she is drawn to, so that he knows. Also, it doesn't hurt, to reside and socialize in mixed environments, where there are all types of people.

Quote:
Also I know that op is not looking for a relationship but just only looking for a "Puerto Rican lover" which is very ambiguous and vague statement. She can come to NYC, Philly, Boston and throw herself at countless of PR men who are already in established relationships, they wont mind being with her for the time being while the wife or gf is at work.
I would never move to a location just to meet a random ethnic group of men, but I realize that everyone is different and may have different priorities. Regardless of who she chooses to date, if she is looking for a serious relationship, she must learn how to vet men properly, so that she can distinguish between the good ones and the bad ones.

Quote:
I like Black women, but do most Black women like me or find me desirable even though I can be a good provider? Necessarily no because I lack swag and bravado they seek, nothing is wrong with that and people should be entitled to preferences with what they like if its realistic or not, or for better or worse. I'm all for whatever makes people happy initial beginning of euphoria.

Your dating/relationship woes are just that, YOUR dating/relationship woes. Please do not lump all black women into the same category. The defining aspect is often class, not race. I like a guy with swag, if that means confidence, intelligence and strong family values. But I am not attracted to guys who are unable to speak proper English or those who present themselves as social misfits.

Last edited by Mary20852; 05-02-2013 at 08:07 PM..

Old 05-02-2013, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
It doesn't matter, black women are the least desirable.

Seeking My Race-Based Valentine Online - TIME
Good, then you shouldn't waste time worrying about our dating prospects or whether we are interested in non black guys, since after all, we are the least desirable. Obviously, you are worried about something, that's why you (as a black guy) feel the need to constantly tell black women that we are not desired. If you really didn't care, you wouldn't be posting the same trite messages about black women.

I have noticed that black guys (especially online) tend to rely on this tactic and in many respects, it reminds me of what most abusive guys do. They try to diminish a woman's confidence, so that she never expects more. What do abusive guys tell their wives and girlfriends, "no other man will ever want you, you're worthless and undesirable."

Your line seems to be a classic example of this behavior. Very destructive and abusive indeed. Black women are like any other women, we have whatever options we create for ourselves.

Old 05-02-2013, 11:58 PM

22,633 posts, read 14,855,142 times
African-American women: come to Philly. If you can't find a Puerto Rican guy, you'll find an Italian guy or a Jewish guy.

Old 05-04-2013, 12:25 AM

9,005 posts, read 13,755,150 times
Quote:
If you want a Puerto Rican man? The op should visit the Bronx which as the 2nd largest population of Puerto Ricans outside of PR. I just hope that the op dont mind dating or being in a relationship with a pr guy who dropped out of high school.
They may have dropped out of high school,but Pr men still will work hard to provide for their families.
They also seem to stick with their families,although I will say the men do have this thing for cheating.
But then,so does everyone else.

Old 05-04-2013, 08:47 AM

1,441 posts, read 2,923,927 times
Puerto Rico.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.