Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where can I find my PR lover?
Chicago 1 0.99%
Cleveland, Ohio 1 0.99%
Buffalo / Upstate NY 1 0.99%
Boston 3 2.97%
Connecticut 5 4.95%
New York City 29 28.71%
New Jersey 4 3.96%
Philadelphia / Eastern Pennsylvania 19 18.81%
Hampton Roads VA (Norfolk, VA Beach) 1 0.99%
Jacksonville, Florida 1 0.99%
Orlando / Central Florida 9 8.91%
Tampa Bay 0 0%
Right here in Houston, TX 0 0%
a visit to Puerto Rico 27 26.73%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2013, 06:38 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,875,325 times

Advertisements

Orlando or Miami. Orlando is all Puerto Rican & Miami has a lot of Caribbeans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2013, 08:07 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,605,025 times
NYC would be tops followed by Orlando and Philadelpha.

I say that because those are the largest Puerto Rican communities outside Puerto Rico itself.

Not a whole lot of Puerto Ricans in Texas, so you may have to leave.

Old 05-06-2013, 07:40 AM

303 posts, read 866,215 times
NYC if you can afford it. If not the Hartford, CT/Springfield, MA area might be good.

Old 05-08-2013, 03:07 PM

1,682 posts, read 3,278,181 times
Go to NYC area. Puerto Ricans men are quite attracted to Black women over there.

Old 05-09-2013, 12:26 PM

406 posts, read 764,737 times
I would think either NY or Miami. A lot of AA/Caribbean hispanic couples and people of both ancestry from those places. Well atleast when I lived in FL most of the ones I knew were from either

Old 05-09-2013, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Whoa Mary Mother of god don't hold your breath. I did not say that men collectively as a group don't want black women, I never said that, so please don't put assumptions in mouth. Two said most Puerto Rican men do not date or even have long fulfilling relationships with black women, hell I even know some people who's father is Puerto Rican and mother is black however the relationships ended with a baby or babies involved, overall nice mix with beautiful mulatto babies. Do you know Harlem Congressman Charles Rangel is father is Puerto Rican and his mother is African American, but then again he was born in a much different generation. Black women are very desirable women have their picks, but their options are much limited because they are less Black men naturally plus plenty of Black men do opt to date out of their race, plus men like Hispanic and White face plenty of desirability from Hispanic women, White women and Asian women putting Black women at a huge disadvantage, plus Black women do not desire Asian and Native American men, not to see you guys cant land a man of another race but a lot of work has to be put into to take on an initiative to seek and date outside. Also I know that op is not looking for a relationship but just only looking for a "Puerto Rican lover" which is very ambiguous and vague statement. She can come to NYC, Philly, Boston and throw herself at countless of PR men who are already in established relationships, they wont mind being with her for the time being while the wife or gf is at work. I like Black women, but do most Black women like me or find me desirable even though I can be a good provider? Necessarily no because I lack swag and bravado they seek, nothing is wrong with that and people should be entitled to preferences with what they like if its realistic or not, or for better or worse. I'm all for whatever makes people happy initial beginning of euphoria.

Lol I'm far from a Thug, some view me as Yuppie while others view me as an average Joe. Deadbeat I don't have any kids, why would I want to father kids in my own community where relationships don't last long due to the lack of happiness and fulfillment women are entitled too, and your offspring's have to move through the child support and welfare systems. And criminals, nah I'm good, and for the record, my record is clean and yes I live in one of the poorest congressional districts in the country, but I do well for myself and still doing better than most.
you do realize that Puerto Rican isn't a race right?

Old 05-09-2013, 12:38 PM

14,640 posts, read 14,512,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroit's own View Post
you do realize that Puerto Rican isn't a race right?
Not in the U.S. Census sense, but most Latinos consider themselves a separate race whether La Raza or Boricua or whatever.

To answer the OP: NYC, Jersey and Central Florida are the obvious choices, though Boston, Philly and Cleveland have significant PR populations also, where black Americans, West Indians & Caribbean Latinos live side-by-side.

Old 05-09-2013, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Not in the U.S. Census sense, but most Latinos consider themselves a separate race whether La Raza or Boricua or whatever.

To answer the OP: NYC, Jersey and Central Florida are the obvious choices, though Boston, Philly and Cleveland have significant PR populations also, where black Americans, West Indians & Caribbean Latinos live side-by-side.
US census or not, Puerto Rican isn't a race

Old 05-09-2013, 02:37 PM

2,699 posts, read 2,402,518 times
Puerto Rico obviously

Old 09-11-2016, 03:39 PM

184 posts, read 232,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I'm going to be real with you. Your a black female looking for a life time Puerto Rican male spouse. The regions of this country which has a decent sized Puerto Rican population is NYC area plus its suburbs, NJ, Eastern PA, Central Florida like Orlando and Tampa, and Puerto Rico itself. Now you want a Puerto Rican male but on the flip side does a Puerto Rican male want you. ON the streets of NYC I rarely see a Puerto Rican man or even a typical Latino man with a black woman, hell I don't even see them with afro Latinas. You have a up hill battle when it comes finding a Latino man for a black woman, you better try going for white men. I know a lot about Puerto Ricans because I grew up with them and most do not date black women, they will sleep and have sex with one, hell might even give you a baby but will not be in a long commited relationship with black women. That's not to say all Puerto Rican men are like that, however if you come to a city like NY or Central Florida and find a decent educated Puerto Rican guy you might be in luck. I can say that you goal is very unrealistic, also try the Island of enchantment aka Puerto Rock for a PR man.
Believe it or not, the Puerto Rican/Latin Caribbean man and Black woman combo is fairly common throughout the Northeast US, in some neighborhoods like North Philly, The bronx, East Harlem, Bushwick/ENY, SW Boston its a somewhat common sight, ofcoarse these are the Americanized Puerto Ricans who been here for generations and grew up in neighborhoods that were atleast 20% black (or more), areas that can be considered hispanic/black ghettos, they lose touch wit their Puerto rican culture and become culturally "ghetto american" and only really rican by ancestry. 9 times out of 10 , if a black woman dates outside her race in the Northeast, its with a Puerto Rican/Latin Caribbean man. Now, first generation (and even second) Puerto Ricans fresh from PR, are far more traditional and cultured, however they tend to stick wit their "own kind", and if they date out the furthest they go is Dominican (which is basically the same thing) or white (sum think it would improve living standards somehow). That's what i know about the Northeast, i can't speak on other states wit large PR populations like Florida Ohio or Virginia, as I dont know the situation there.
Me personally , I'm a black woman and my husband/children's father is Rican , we live in Philly and been married for 9 years

Last edited by DarkLoFan; 09-11-2016 at 04:34 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.