Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 02:32 PM

93,255 posts, read 123,898,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyraBrian View Post
I canvass and flyer in the Syracuse area. Syracuse has a section that borders both the near west side and Tipp hill (Magnolia and Nelson streets) that is overwhelmingly white and decidely run down.
I was going to say maybe Skunk City, which is close to that area. I would say that many "Rust Belt" cities have such areas. I think the Delray neighborhood in Detroit is another(or parts of are). Sometimes these neighborhoods are some of the most diverse in these cities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2013, 08:08 PM

7,072 posts, read 9,615,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayton Sux View Post
For Dayton...where to start?

OK, lets start in the suburbs: The western suburb of Drexel. Sort of "failed suburbia"..just one step up from a shantytown (and I think parts of it really are a somewhat upgraded shantytown).

Most of the East Side of the city..the so-called "Inner East". Possibly some the most degraded white people you'll see...

Just a short drive south - Middletown, Ohio.

Old 04-29-2013, 09:16 PM

12 posts, read 13,107 times
Buffalo: Seneca-Babcock and Lovejoy are the white trashiest neighborhoods. It has the feel of old Soviet bloc countries, minus the commieblocks. Outside of Buffalo, Lockport takes the cake. Most of the women there are fat, single mothers who spend their welfare checks on tattoos, cigarettes, fattening food, and diapers for their half-breeds. The Depew/Cheektowaga area is also a white trash haven. Main Street is home to biker gangs and the surrounding area is filled with strippers who work near the airport. But hey... At least they WORK to feed their thugspawn, unlike their counterparts in Lockport who prefer to be a drain on the productive taxpayers.

Old 04-30-2013, 06:21 AM

10,106 posts, read 9,963,986 times
In the Baltimore
Dundalk
Portions of Essex
Eastpoint
Portions of Brooklyn Park

Old 04-30-2013, 07:08 AM

5,265 posts, read 16,588,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapePlan View Post
Buffalo: Seneca-Babcock and Lovejoy are the white trashiest neighborhoods. It has the feel of old Soviet bloc countries, minus the commieblocks. Outside of Buffalo, Lockport takes the cake. Most of the women there are fat, single mothers who spend their welfare checks on tattoos, cigarettes, fattening food, and diapers for their half-breeds. The Depew/Cheektowaga area is also a white trash haven. Main Street is home to biker gangs and the surrounding area is filled with strippers who work near the airport. But hey... At least they WORK to feed their thugspawn, unlike their counterparts in Lockport who prefer to be a drain on the productive taxpayers.
...wow...

Old 04-30-2013, 11:23 AM

3,004 posts, read 5,149,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapePlan View Post
Half-breed, really!

Old 04-30-2013, 11:24 AM

3,004 posts, read 5,149,395 times
Black Oak (Gary) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 04-30-2013, 01:28 PM

1,719 posts, read 2,738,996 times
Quote:
In the Baltimore
Dundalk
Portions of Essex
Eastpoint
Portions of Brooklyn Park
I don't think Dundalk is a "white ghetto" at all. It is blue collar, but certainly a liveable, vibrant community. Dundalk, is not any more "ghetto" than say Overlea or Arbutus.

Brooklyn Park, Baltimore Highlands, Irvington, areas near Landsdown/Halethorpe seem to have that feel though. Parts of Rte. 1 in Southwest Baltimore are as trashy as they come. Northern Anne Arundel County has its areas as well. Parts of northern Howard Co. also use to be pretty "ghetto" but have seen an influx of new residents over the past decade that have brought money and new infrastructure to the area.

Old 04-30-2013, 01:48 PM

10,106 posts, read 9,963,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by santafe400 View Post
I don't think Dundalk is a "white ghetto" at all. It is blue collar, but certainly a liveable, vibrant community. Dundalk, is not any more "ghetto" than say Overlea or Arbutus.

Brooklyn Park, Baltimore Highlands, Irvington, areas near Landsdown/Halethorpe seem to have that feel though. Parts of Rte. 1 in Southwest Baltimore are as trashy as they come. Northern Anne Arundel County has its areas as well. Parts of northern Howard Co. also use to be pretty "ghetto" but have seen an influx of new residents over the past decade that have brought money and new infrastructure to the area.
I'll take out Dundalk.

Old 04-30-2013, 02:34 PM

3 posts, read 9,325 times
In Virginia, we have a "Ghetto High School... it's JR Tucker High School in Henrico, VA. There are a lot of white kids that go there, but most of them act like their minority brothers & sisters... they sag their pants, don't care about school etc...

I wouldn't go to the extent though to call it a "Ghetto" because it's not that bad, like Chicago or even New York.

Compared to Glen Allen though, it is poor... Glen Allen is rich kids, mostly white. We have 1 High School in Glen Allen, it's Deep RUn, & it's 85-90% white all of whom have money, their parents are mainly lawyers & real estate or businessmen, i know because i am a junior there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.