Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 02:32 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,442,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweat209 View Post
Most hardcore liberals and hipsters hate the south and would never live in the south .They tend to like the north and Europe better.

I know many hardcore liberals and hipsters say how can you live in the US.

Quote:
Hipster are modern upper class hippies.

Both are very liberal ,against organized religion ,both wont legal cannabis, and animal rights but Hipsters are more urban city type people where hippies are more nature and tree hunger type.

The Hipster wear tight jeans ,tight t-shirt and some even colorful jeans.They both hate preppy look and yeppies.

The Hipsters hate the suburbs and automobile and like the walkable, urban environments.The hipsters are very much into foreign culture and very liberal .

Okay, now you're kidding us, right? I mean while some of this is true, like the tight jeans and the urban environments. All the hipsters in my neighborhood have cars and don't give a fig for Europe. They don't care one way or another about religion. And my neighborhood is considered hipseterville.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2013, 02:44 PM

1,027 posts, read 2,048,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
Okay, now you're kidding us, right? I mean while some of this is true, like the tight jeans and the urban environments. All the hipsters in my neighborhood have cars and don't give a fig for Europe. They don't care one way or another about religion. And my neighborhood is considered hipseterville.
If they have cars and live in the suburbs they are not true hipsters.That like hippies that are into free love ,sex ,drugs and long hair and ripped jeans and tie dye shirt but does not care about war and liberal school of thought.

Old 05-03-2013, 03:25 PM

Quote:
If they have cars and live in the suburbs they are not true hipsters.That like hippies that are into free love ,sex ,drugs and long hair and ripped jeans and tie dye shirt but does not care about war and liberal school of thought.
Who said anything about living in the suburbs? The neighborhood I am talking about has the reputation of having the most hipsters in the whole city. It is nowhere near the suburbs.

Old 05-03-2013, 03:28 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,147,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matzoman View Post
They are just people that like creativity. Nothing more or less. People hate because they are too timid and banal to stand out.
Oh, and self-congratulatory, too.

Old 05-03-2013, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Who said anything about living in the suburbs? The neighborhood I am talking about has the reputation of having the most hipsters in the whole city. It is nowhere near the suburbs.
If they call them self hipsters and don't live in area they like and preach they are not hipsters period.

It like guy wearing no shirt , full of gang tattoos all over the body ,do-rag and baggy jeans and run away when 89 women walks in the room or never own gun.He not gangbanger.

Hipsters is closely define mindset of outlook of life and lifestyle.

Old 05-03-2013, 04:05 PM

Quote:
If they call them self hipsters and don't live in area they like and preach they are not hipsters period.

It like guy wearing no shirt , full of gang tattoos all over the body ,do-rag and baggy jeans and run away when 89 women walks in the room or never own gun.He not gangbanger.

Hipsters is closely define mindset of outlook of life and lifestyle.
They don't preach, they like their area and you know you don't make a whole lot sense. Many would fall within your most of your previous defintion of a hipster. There are just a couple of criteria they wouldn't meet. But then I doubt anyone considers you the expert on this subject except of course, you yourself.

Old 05-03-2013, 04:14 PM

Quote:
They don't preach, they like their area and you know you don't make a whole lot sense. Many would fall within your most of your previous defintion of a hipster. There are just a couple of criteria they wouldn't meet. But then I doubt anyone considers you the expert on this subject except of course, you yourself.
I don't mean preach in sense they stand on the street and say hay this is what you have to be like .I mean liking or taste.

Look at many suburb vs urban threads some of them may get passionate on what they like. Does not mean they going to preach or protest .

Not all urban type people are hipsters I got that.

Well may be the word preach was not good word I used.

Old 05-03-2013, 04:19 PM

Quote:
I don't mean preach in sense they stand on the street and say hay this is what you have to be like .I mean liking or taste.

Look at many suburb vs urban threads some of them may get passionate on what they like. Does not mean they going to preach or protest .

Not all urban type people are hipsters I got that.

Well may be the word preach was not good word I used.
I know what you meant. I don't know where you live but I live in Portland OR and my neighborhood which borders along Hawthorne Blvd has a huge reputation for being a neighborhood of hipsters. No, I didn't mean they stand on the street corner and preach either but by their dress and lifestyle they certainly fit the idea of hipsters.

Those with whom I am acquainted, do not fit in with all of your definition. That's all I was trying to say. Tastes are going to vary even within specific groups of people.

Old 05-03-2013, 04:34 PM

Quote:
I know what you meant. I don't know where you live but I live in Portland OR and my neighborhood which borders along Hawthorne Blvd has a huge reputation for being a neighborhood of hipsters. No, I didn't mean they stand on the street corner and preach either but by their dress and lifestyle they certainly fit the idea of hipsters.

Those with whom I am acquainted, do not fit in with all of your definition. That's all I was trying to say. Tastes are going to vary even within specific groups of people.

Perhaps there may be trends in hipsters behavior of south vs the north or the west coat vs north so on.

May be hipsters in south are socially liberal but economically conservative and hipsters in west coat are socially liberal but economically libertarian.

May be hipsters in the north or hipsters in Europe like to live in europe better.

May be that what you where saying there are different types of hipsters and state and country may play part in some of politics.

May be you saying in Portland most hipsters own cars where hipsters else where do not.

Old 05-03-2013, 04:37 PM

5,888 posts, read 13,005,312 times
I was a punk rocker.

I was proud to call myself a punk rocker.

I did not have to dress like a tool for people to know I was a punk rocker.

25 years later at business meetings people still ask if I am/or was a punk rocker (even when wearing a suit and a tie).

Why are hipsters so ashamed to be called hipsters? Do they know deep at heart that they are douches?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.