Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 11:44 PM

647 posts, read 1,522,283 times

Advertisements

What is it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2013, 12:16 AM

5,459 posts, read 3,908,860 times
Moscow, not Idaho

Old 05-10-2013, 12:18 AM

For the US, you tend to see Milwaukee listed, and I would guess that they're up there on a per-capita basis. I do my part to increase Buffalo's standing

Old 05-10-2013, 12:22 AM

1,027 posts, read 2,047,843 times
I don't know why but Russia is the highest , other countries in Europe than the UK than Canada .The US last .

Old 05-10-2013, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweat209 View Post
I don't know why but Russia is the highest , other countries in Europe than the UK than Canada .The US last .
I realize his question was meant to apply only to American cities, but I couldn't help myself with the "Moscow, not Idaho" response. Stolichnaya + long winters + plutocracy = ?

Old 05-10-2013, 12:58 AM

1,027 posts, read 2,047,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Marcinkiewicz View Post
I realize his question was meant to apply only to American cities, but I couldn't help myself with the "Moscow, not Idaho" response. Stolichnaya + long winters + plutocracy = ?

The OP may be confused with alcoholics vs social culture of drinking .Well overall American drinking is a joke when you look at those other countries that drink way more.But if the OP is looking for correlation of US vs those countries of alcoholics or social culture of drinking , naming community district may be better to compare the stats here. That say south west Tampa or Beach Park Isles in Tampa may have more alcoholics or social culture of drinking .

On flip side Americans have higher drug use than those countries.

Old 05-10-2013, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweat209 View Post
The OP may be confused with alcoholics vs social culture of drinking .Well overall American drinking is a joke when you look at those other countries that drink way more.But if the OP is looking for correlation of US vs those countries of alcoholics or social culture of drinking , naming community district may be better to compare the stats here. That say south west Tampa or Beach Park Isles in Tampa may have more alcoholics or social culture of drinking .

On flip side Americans have higher drug use than those countries.
Yeah, I tend to think you're right. I mean, while I'm guessing that Las Vegas' alcohol-related arrest total is about as high as any city's in the country, I'm not so sure that their rate of alcoholism is the highest, or so obviously the highest that it must be excluded from comparison. In reality the answer to his question is probably some small Alaskan city, some place where alcoholism is legitimately rampant, albeit amongst a small population. Trying to recall the name of the documentary I watched on a few of these cities...forget if it was Current TV or NatGeo Drugs Inc...probably the latter

Old 05-10-2013, 02:13 AM

Yeah, confirmed re: Drugs Inc...despite the title of "Alaska Heroin Rush", alcohol is given just as much treatment here. "But one of the biggest killers in Alaska is illicit alcohol"...repeal Alaskan prohibition, heh. If the mod(s) will allow this link to stand, here is the full episode:

National Geographic Drugs Inc Alaska Heroin Rush - YouTube

Last edited by Matt Marcinkiewicz; 05-10-2013 at 02:15 AM.. Reason: prohibition comment was tongue-in-cheek...alcohol laws are left up to the municipalities

Old 05-10-2013, 04:43 AM

10,639 posts, read 16,019,500 times
Not in order... Anchorage, Reno, Austin, New Orleans, Milwaukee, Providence, Boston

Old 05-10-2013, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
Not in order... Anchorage, Reno, Austin, New Orleans, Milwaukee, Providence, Boston
Why Providence? I remember when I visited Brown, the environs seemed pretty interesting...I have never been there before or after
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.