U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2013, 10:57 AM

56,056 posts, read 54,552,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTHORNS96 View Post
I disagree with that. I've generally had bagels that most ppl up north wouldn't consider real bagels. But there was this mom and pop italian restaurant that was opened up by this family from Connecticut. For breakfast they would sell bagels. He gave me this thing he called an "everything bagel" and I actually really loved it. But even so, I'll take a nice, crispy, chewy glazed donut any day of the week.
LOL, that's a common term. An "everything" bagel has everything on it--onions, sesame seeds, poppy seeds, etc.

Everyone should take at least one trip to the NYC metro area to have a real bagel at some point in their lives. Nice and hot, fresh from the oven.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2013, 12:35 PM

16,737 posts, read 23,163,292 times
Born and raised in Connecticut, and I think Dunkin Donuts is crap. Their coffee is watered down, their bagels are inedible, eggs are microwaved, and donuts dry and flaky. Also, the times I have gone, the same order is never consistent.

Gas station coffee > Dunkin Donuts.

Old 05-25-2013, 01:40 PM

6,611 posts, read 6,926,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
LOL, that's a common term. An "everything" bagel has everything on it--onions, sesame seeds, poppy seeds, etc.

Everyone should take at least one trip to the NYC metro area to have a real bagel at some point in their lives. Nice and hot, fresh from the oven.
Yeah, they sell everything bagels in bags at most grocery stores, so I would be a little surprised at the thought that someone hasn't heard of that.

We have bagel shops that sell real bagels in other parts of the country too. I know people say that they are different in NYC (because of the water or something) but I haven't noticed any real difference in a hot fresh bagel in NYC as opposed to one in Chicago or L.A.

Old 05-25-2013, 01:48 PM

56,056 posts, read 54,552,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTarheel View Post
Yeah, they sell everything bagels in bags at most grocery stores, so I would be a little surprised at the thought that someone hasn't heard of that.

We have bagel shops that sell real bagels in other parts of the country too. I know people say that they are different in NYC (because of the water or something) but I haven't noticed any real difference in a hot fresh bagel in NYC as opposed to one in Chicago or L.A.
Probably not--I don't buy that special water thing. I'm just saying there's a difference between a hot fresh handmade bagel anywhere and something that comes in a package at the supermarket and/or is made somewhere and shipped somewhere else.

Old 05-25-2013, 01:53 PM

6,611 posts, read 6,926,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Probably not--I don't buy that special water thing. I'm just saying there's a difference between a hot fresh handmade bagel anywhere and something that comes in a package at the supermarket and/or is made somewhere and shipped somewhere else.
I totally agree!

Old 05-25-2013, 09:11 PM

6,620 posts, read 11,670,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lammius View Post
and in nj you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a dd
lol.

Old 05-26-2013, 02:07 PM

83 posts, read 111,553 times
Krispy Kreme's donuts seem like they've gone downhill in the past few years, don't they? Used to be among my favorites.

Old 05-26-2013, 09:28 PM

398 posts, read 1,163,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingElsewhere View Post
Dunkin Donuts is popular because it's inexpensive and convenient.
That, exactly. I don't drink coffee, but I could always count on DD (drive through) when I had to be somewhere early in the morning, and didn't have time to make a real breakfast. I could grab a quick bagel and a cup of tea and be on my way. No, the bagels aren't the best, but they're good enough when you're hungry . I grew up in New England where they were on practically every street corner, so the convenience is what I really miss. I'm excited that they're coming back to Denver, but sadly, I don't live close enough to the city for them to be convenient for me.

Old 05-27-2013, 03:39 PM

1,690 posts, read 1,735,016 times
BREAKFAST SANDWICHES

/End thread

Old 05-28-2013, 12:04 PM

35 posts, read 48,121 times
It's inexpensive. I go there occasionally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.