U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 09:54 AM

14,800 posts, read 17,740,969 times

Advertisements

Zero Dunkin Dounuts in Minnesota.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2013, 10:05 AM

2,176 posts, read 975,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago60614 View Post
This is very true. I think they use to be much more into donuts, then bagels came around, and then they saw they needed to jump on the coffee bandwagon. Especially since there are so many other more high-end donut options than there were 20 years ago.

I don't really know anyone who gets donuts at the stores as much as coffee. People who get the donuts usually get a big box of them to put out at work cause it's easy.

Do people really still get random donuts to eat for breakfast on the way to work? I haven't had one in ages. Seems more like a little kid treat.
i love their donuts. who doesn't want desert for breakfast!!

Old 05-20-2013, 11:42 AM

56,266 posts, read 54,712,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinSonic View Post
i love their donuts. who doesn't want dessert for breakfast!!
People in NJ--we have "the Jersey breakfast". Taylor Ham, egg, and cheese on a hard roll. Keep your doughnut.

Old 05-20-2013, 02:37 PM

27 posts, read 43,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTHORNS96 View Post
So I notice that Dunkin Donuts is very popular with people up north. Particularly the northeast.

My question is, why? I've been to one, and to be honest, I wasn't all that impressed with the donuts. They were dry and flavorless outside of the little bit of glaze.

So where's the hype from? Did I just order the wrong thing or is there something else I'm missing?

DD is like family... you stick with them not because they are the best, but because of the emotional ties, plus it's what you grew up with. I think it's an acquired taste... you eat/drink enough Dunks and it's what you expect. At least in Boston (DD started just outside of there), it's like the local kid who made it big so everyone supports them, regardless.

Old 05-20-2013, 02:59 PM

4,175 posts, read 4,630,621 times
Dunkin' Donuts saw it's stores shrink in Indiana for a while as Krispy Kreme exploded with stores. There used to be several KK stores around the state. Now it's down to just 3. And not a single one within a 2 hour drive of the Indianapolis metro. Dunkin Donuts, meanwhile, has seen a resurgence and now has several stores in the Indianapolis metro when it had all but disappeared for a while.

Old 05-20-2013, 03:52 PM

12,698 posts, read 10,538,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
People in NJ--we have "the Jersey breakfast". Taylor Ham, egg, and cheese on a hard roll. Keep your doughnut.
My mouth's watering

As for Dunkin, we have them all over NJ. Far more than Starbucks. Dunkin's coffee is cheaper than Starbucks and their sizes are bigger. Dunkin doesn't have a coffee as small as a tall, their smallest is about the size of a Starbucks' grande. I just like Dunkin Donuts' coffee way better. They also have other good drinks, like Coolattas, especially in the summer! And mixing flavors, yum. I can't imagine not having Dunkin.

Old 05-20-2013, 05:26 PM

97 posts, read 157,907 times
Growing up on Dunkin Donuts here in New Jersey, Krispy Kreme seemed GREAT.

Old 05-20-2013, 06:36 PM

14,798 posts, read 19,050,097 times
There's a lot of Dunkin Donuts here in Chicago. Wouldn't be surprised if there were at least 75 or more. I know there's about 10 in and around the Loop of Chicago alone.

Old 05-20-2013, 08:29 PM

2,201 posts, read 2,141,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTarheel View Post
Maybe, but DD and KK are not in the same league when it comes to donuts. KK blows DD out of the water.
I grew up in TN with KK. I'm middle aged and have had a lot of doughnut (KK spelling) in my time and KK is still, IMHO, the absolute best. The hot glazed as sublime - they melt in your mouth. And the chocolate iced are the only ones I've ever seen that had sugar glaze and chocolate. Yuuuummmmmm

Old 05-22-2013, 10:29 AM

3,240 posts, read 3,291,089 times
Dunkin Donuts are disgusting fried rings of yuck. I can walk to 2 locations in 10 min in the DC area. I used to get iced coffee there about once a wk a few yrs ago back when i took the train to work but haven't been in there for 3 years. People like it as an alternative to Starbucks where its quicker and less complicated. I remember my dad used to go there every day and he even admitted the donuts sucked. Most companies are sensitive toward market research that shows their food sucks, look how burger King and Dominos changed. Dunkin doesnt seem to be the least concerned since theyve had the same terrible donuts the past 20 years and beyond. They get huge profit margins thru their flavored water aka coffee, god knows why they still make donuts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.