Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 02:26 PM

3,763 posts, read 8,750,857 times

Advertisements

Alaska: Smoked salmon chowder & beer-battered halibut
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2013, 02:33 PM

27,196 posts, read 43,886,661 times
From Florida I think Floribbean cuisine would be a good contribution.

http://www.tuyomiami.com/menu/Tuyo%2...0050913%20.pdf

Old 05-16-2013, 02:58 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,283,297 times
Indiana: Pork tenderlon and Sugar Cream Pie

Old 05-16-2013, 03:05 PM

12,836 posts, read 22,009,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Typical answer for Arizona may be the Chimichanga, but if it was a feast for visitors, I would say the Plato Poca Cosa dish from Cafe Poca Cosa in Tucson. Everone could order the same dish, but chances are it will be different for everyone:

Cafe Poca Cosa - Plato Poca Cosa - Foodspotting
PLEASE don't forget the Sonoran Hot Dog!

From Massachusetts: I'd say N.E. Clam Chowder, Haddock, Clam Strips, and Broiled New Bedford Scallops. Apple Crisp seems like an appropriate dessert choice.

Rhode Island: NY System Weiner, Stuffed Quahog, and Dell's Lemonade.

Maine: Easy. Lobster Roll.

Old 05-16-2013, 03:10 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,517,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
PLEASE don't forget the Sonoran Hot Dog!

From Massachusetts: I'd say N.E. Clam Chowder, Haddock, Clam Strips, and Broiled New Bedford Scallops. Apple Crisp seems like an appropriate dessert choice.

Rhode Island: NY System Weiner, Stuffed Quahog, and Dell's Lemonade.

Maine: Easy. Lobster Roll.
I was waiting for someone to do New England--and for Mass and Maine that's exactly what popped into my head.

What about the rest of the region? I've never spent much time in New Hampshire or Vermont.

Connecticut- New Haven-style clam pizza?

Old 05-16-2013, 03:14 PM

1,160 posts, read 2,959,790 times
Wisconsin: Bratwurst and Cheese Curds

Old 05-16-2013, 03:22 PM

472 posts, read 570,485 times
Hawaii--I've never lived there, but I've visited and here's my 2 cents:

My favorite fish ever: ahi tuna, marinated in soy sauce, ginger, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar. Seared on the outside and raw on the inside, sliced pretty thin.

Laulau ... just yummm

Old 05-16-2013, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
I was waiting for someone to do New England--and for Mass and Maine that's exactly what popped into my head.

What about the rest of the region? I've never spent much time in New Hampshire or Vermont.

Yeah, I had a hard time thinking of stuff for the other three.

White Clam Pizza (Frank Pepe's...mmmmmm) popped into my head for CT. So did Hamburger as Louie's Lunch in New Haven i often given credit for being the original (served on sliced bread, not a bun). CT also has the steamed burger too which is sort of unique.

For Vermont, Ben and Jerry's for dessert (arguably the most famous ice cream in the U.S.). Aside from that, I can think of food products, but not necessarily meals. Maple syrup is Vermont's thing. They also do a lot of cheese, but WI is probably more famous for that.

NH is the toughest. There's more poutine in NH than any of the other NE states, but that's a French Canadian dish. Other than that, they get a little blend of everything from Maine, VT and MA. Definitely Kate the Great from Portsmouth Brewery. That'll be my beer at this giant feast.

Old 05-16-2013, 03:24 PM

472 posts, read 570,485 times
New Jersey: NJ-style pizza, the best there is
garden salad with NJ tomatoes, the best there are

Old 05-16-2013, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post

Yeah, I had a hard time thinking of stuff for the other three.

White Clam Pizza (Frank Pepe's...mmmmmm) popped into my head for CT. So did Hamburger as Louis Lunch in New Haven is often given credit for being the original (served on sliced bread, not a bun). CT also has the steamed burger too which is sort of unique.

For Vermont, Ben and Jerry's for dessert (arguably the most famous ice cream in the U.S.). Aside from that, I can think of food products, but not necessarily meals. Maple syrup is Vermont's thing. They also do a lot of cheese, but WI is probably more famous for that.

NH is the toughest. There's more poutine in NH than any of the other NE states, but that's a French Canadian dish. Other than that, they get a little blend of everything from Maine, VT and MA. Definitely Kate the Great from Portsmouth Brewery. That'll be my beer at this giant feast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.