U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2014, 10:34 AM

5,553 posts, read 6,981,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxdtdemon View Post
In Ohio, it seems that different people have resentment for different parts of the state. Some hate Columbus because of its growth, some hate the northwestern part since it is too "Michigan-like", and other people hate Cleveland or Cincinnati because of the perceived political views of those two cities.

There is nothing "Michigan-like" about Bowling Green or Findlay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2014, 11:14 AM

4,231 posts, read 2,510,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montguy View Post
Western Montanans think Eastern Montana is strange (or sort of "North Dakotan"); Eastern Montanans think Western Montana is strange (a little too Northwestern, perhaps); Western Montanans and Eastern Montanans think Missoula (part of Western MT) is strange; most Montanans who don't reside along the High-line think the High-line is strange; and pretty much all Montanans would consider California to be strange.

All valid but the correct answer for Montana is clearly Butte. Unless you're from Butte and then it's everywhere that isn't Butte.

Old 01-07-2014, 11:15 AM

4,231 posts, read 2,510,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram2 View Post
There is nothing "Michigan-like" about Bowling Green or Findlay.
I grew up in Bowling Green and it is most certainly "Michigan-like". I feel a much bigger connection to Michigan than I do Cleveland or Cincinnati. Cbus a little bit but just because I was born there and my dad still lives there and it really doesn't have much of a personality to differ from anyway.

Old 01-07-2014, 11:28 AM

1,422 posts, read 1,821,608 times
In SE Florida, people dislike everything outside of SE Florida. In Central Florida, people dislike SE Florida and Central Florida (lol). In Western/Gulfcoast Florida, SE Florida is the most hated. In North Florida, anything below Gainesville sucks.

Old 01-07-2014, 01:50 PM

363 posts, read 617,769 times
In Nebraska, the most hated area would have to be Omaha, but I think it's been toned down a lot since Omaha's become a decently well known city. It used to be people would say how it was crime ridden, and people preferred Lincoln, but now it seems as if most people are pretty proud of both cities.

I will say that in western Nebraska there is not so much hate as alienation from the rest of the state since it's so far out there. Not a lot of people out east go to western nebraska except passing through to Colorado, which means bypassing the panhandle entirely. The same goes for most western Nebraskans. Most people west of about North Platte do their business in Denver or Rapid City, get their news there etc, and cheer for the Broncos as much as the Huskers. Panhandle residents also wanted to join Wyoming (since Cheyenne is about 2 hrs from most of the panhandle), but that didn't work out. To me as an eastern nebraskan that most people don't visit western NE. It's got a lot of cool places to visit, especially if people go to the Black Hills or Denver. Its sad too because most people think of Nebraska as this place with a lot of corn, but you get to Western NE the landscape is much more western like Wyoming.

As for Iowa, since I've traveled there quite a bit. It seems as if Western Iowa isn't treated very well. Everyone hates Council Bluffs (Counciltucky) and Sioux City isn't very well respected (even it's own residents call it Sewer City, and for being on a river and in a nice setting, it doesn't have a lot going for it). I've even heard politicians call Western Iowa an extension of Eastern Nebraska since its a little more conservative and pretty rural(not a lot of large towns over 10,000 except for Sioux City and Council Bluffs and Fort Dodge).

Old 01-07-2014, 01:53 PM

2,663 posts, read 3,978,725 times
South Georgia.

Old 01-07-2014, 02:11 PM

147 posts, read 548,898 times
Pensacola has the number one most unclean water in the entire nation; it's more unhealthy to drink than any other county in the entire United States.

Quote:
Located on the Florida Panhandle along the Gulf of Mexico, Pensacola is Florida's westernmost major city. Analysts say it has the worst water quality in the country. Of the 101 chemicals tested for over five years, 45 were discovered. Of them, 21 were discovered in unhealthy amounts. The worst of these were radium-228 and -228, trichloroethylene, tetrachloroethylene, alpha particles, benzine and lead. Pensacola's water was also found to contain cyanide and chloroform. The combination of these chemicals makes Pensacola's water supply America's most unhealthy.

Old 01-07-2014, 02:41 PM

1,255 posts, read 1,477,504 times
Here in Arkansas, its the Delta region. That area near the Mississippi River has the worst poverty and worst health statistics. Its like a different world from the areas in west and northwest Arkansas.

Old 01-07-2014, 03:16 PM

11,334 posts, read 17,098,470 times
NYC is the most hated and most liked part of New York State.

Old 01-07-2014, 03:48 PM

3,530 posts, read 3,073,827 times
People in south Georgia hate north Georgia. People in north Atlanta hate south Atlanta.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.