U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 09:33 AM

12 posts, read 33,468 times

Advertisements

I currently live in New England with my boyfriend and we are looking to move somewhere warm all year around, but inexpensive as well. We are getting very tired of the snow! I'm a young professional so I'd prefer to be somewhere near a city with lots of things to do. It would definitely be a plus to be somewhere by the beach. All suggestions are welcome, thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2013, 10:07 AM

2,501 posts, read 2,183,942 times
what is a young professional

what is your idea of a lot of things to do

Old 05-23-2013, 10:17 AM

12 posts, read 33,468 times
I'm a 23 year old graphic designer for a corporate company and I don't want to be in a rural area where there is nothing to do. My idea of things to do, would be outdoor activities, entertainment, live music, bars, art museums, festivals, and great restaurants.

Old 05-23-2013, 10:24 AM

2,501 posts, read 2,183,942 times
i dunno move to one of the larger cities in florida or something

Old 05-23-2013, 10:44 AM

2,768 posts, read 2,432,106 times
ummmm Warm and affordable and a beach?

well, that narrows it down to certain parts of Florida...... and that's it really.

Old 05-23-2013, 10:47 AM

Location: Still in a pile of boxes, but now in Del Norte County on the coast - wahoo!
7,042 posts, read 4,652,887 times
The best weather in the country, in my opinion, is in California. Very low humidity, and lots of areas get no snow at all and have mild winters. I've lived in WA state and TN - snow in WA, snow and humidity in TN.

There are lots of cheap places in California, but you can't have it all. If you need to be a professional where the jobs are and you want to be where there's stuff to do, it probably won't come cheap.

Of course, I don't know what your idea of cheap is. Why don't you go on Craigslist and see what the rents are like in the SF Bay Area, for instance. I live in Santa Clara, and it's safe, lots of jobs, 30 minutes to the beach, 40 minutes to SF. Remember, salaries are higher to go with higher cost of living, too.

Old 05-23-2013, 10:59 AM

2,768 posts, read 2,432,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
The best weather in the country, in my opinion, is in California. Very low humidity, and lots of areas get no snow at all and have mild winters. I've lived in WA state and TN - snow in WA, snow and humidity in TN.

There are lots of cheap places in California, but you can't have it all. If you need to be a professional where the jobs are and you want to be where there's stuff to do, it probably won't come cheap.

Of course, I don't know what your idea of cheap is. Why don't you go on Craigslist and see what the rents are like in the SF Bay Area, for instance. I live in Santa Clara, and it's safe, lots of jobs, 30 minutes to the beach, 40 minutes to SF. Remember, salaries are higher to go with higher cost of living, too.
A summer in San Fran is the coldest winter I've ever experienced.

Old 05-23-2013, 01:38 PM

907 posts, read 1,194,698 times
You could try Houston. Will it be like living in the Florida Keys? No. But it's a large city with all that goes with being a large city. Winters aren't very cold at all (although summer's can be oppressively, humidly hot), and you can drive to beaches.

Old 05-23-2013, 01:48 PM

38,755 posts, read 39,152,929 times
Corpus Christi, Texas, Very cheap, very hot, on the beach.

Old 05-23-2013, 03:50 PM

Location: Still in a pile of boxes, but now in Del Norte County on the coast - wahoo!
7,042 posts, read 4,652,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
A summer in San Fran is the coldest winter I've ever experienced.
LMAO! That is so true! Mark Twain. Yeah, SF has it's own weather. Drive out of the fog, not very far away, and it's a whole different world, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.