U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2013, 09:34 AM

38 posts, read 97,663 times

Advertisements

Lived on li my whole life and finally moving next march 2014. Where? I still am unsure. I see myself in New England enjoying a laid back quiet lifestyle. I know the winters are horrible but I do enjoy small town and coziness feel. And the total opposite of New England I have always seen myself livin in so cal (San Diego or oc). I go back and forth constantly about which one I would be happier with. And I think about the future with kids, so cal has so much more going on and so many more opportunities.

Anyone lived in either places and can tell me good and bad for both and what they would prefer?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2013, 10:05 AM

56,565 posts, read 80,847,919 times
What about these places?

Village of Fairport

Village of Spencerport NY ~ Erie Canal Village located in Western New York in Monroe County

Village of Brockport NY - Home Page

Village of East Aurora, NY

Welcome to the Village of Lancaster, New York

Historic Lewiston, NY

Village of Liverpool - New York

WELCOME TO THE VILLAGE OF BALDWINSVILLE

Welcome to Homer Village

and many more up here. There are many New England like villages up here and overall cost of living is generally around the national average, with many cities and outdoor activities within close to reasonable drives. So, there may be other options that you may consider.

Old 05-27-2013, 01:19 PM

18,083 posts, read 22,934,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samanthaab21 View Post
Lived on li my whole life
What or where is li?

Old 05-28-2013, 08:01 AM

21,187 posts, read 30,351,954 times
In all of the quality of life factors (better schools, low crime, decent economy, etc) the New England states rank at or near the top. If you're looking for a better future (with kids), in my opinion that's the way to go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or