U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2015, 02:48 PM

1,699 posts, read 1,603,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfoe View Post
East and central Texas have plenty of tree cover. Only west Texas is where you see truly open spaces for miles with no trees.
Only the far east of Texas has substantial tree cover. If you get south of Houston, the tree cover quickly disappears. If you go north, the trees feel stunted. I'd say Austin and San Antonio both have more western ambiances than eastern. And they're central Texas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2015, 02:57 PM

1,573 posts, read 1,435,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDPMiami View Post
Only the far east of Texas has substantial tree cover. If you get south of Houston, the tree cover quickly disappears. If you go north, the trees feel stunted. I'd say Austin and San Antonio both have more western ambiances than eastern. And they're central Texas.
Well some parts of central Texas are more forested than other parts of central Texas a good example would be Brady compared to college station. Some parts of central Texas are heavily forested. Look up east central Texas forest for more info.

Old 04-20-2015, 02:58 PM

Also the area south and southeast of Florence in central Texas looks like a jungle compared to west Texas.

Old 04-20-2015, 03:00 PM

One thing I always found interesting about east central Texas is that it has red clay dirt like the southeast but yet has no pine trees.

Old 04-20-2015, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Also the area south and southeast of Florence in central Texas looks like a jungle compared to west Texas.
Does it? I just google mapped (street view) some of the highways southeast of Florence and the trees there felt stunted and human sized, like I expected.

Compared to western Texas is a vague term, but it definitely doesn't feel like a jungle but rather the transition to the great plains.

Old 04-20-2015, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Does it? I just google mapped (street view) some of the highways southeast of Florence and the trees there felt stunted and human sized, like I expected.

Compared to western Texas is a vague term, but it definitely doesn't feel like a jungle but rather the transition to the great plains.
Lol Ok street maps over seeing for your own eyes. That's CD for ya lol.

Old 04-20-2015, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Lol Ok street maps over seeing for your own eyes. That's CD for ya lol.
You expect me to take your word? I've driven through that area, and I don't remember any jungles or forests for that matter. Just shrubs and trees slightly bigger than the shrubs.

Old 04-20-2015, 03:21 PM

Quote:

I doubt you traveled to west Texas.

Old 04-20-2015, 03:23 PM

Quote:
You expect me to take your word? I've driven through that area, and I don't remember any jungles or forests for that matter. Just shrubs and trees slightly bigger than the shrubs.
So all of central Texas is just short trees and shrubs? Lol OK. Tell that to the ppl that live in college station, hearne, cameron etc they will laugh at you.

Old 04-20-2015, 03:23 PM

Quote:
I doubt you traveled to west Texas.
I've driven from El Paso to Beaumont on the 10 on a cross country trip.

When I lived in Houston, I went to Austin and San Antonio more than a few times. Not to mention Laredo and Brownsville/South Padre. All of those areas are as I describe.

Sorry to say but that's the fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or