U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-01-2014, 08:37 PM
 
1,661 posts, read 2,056,747 times
Reputation: 2141

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipcat View Post
I can tell this is coming from a White perspective. Because the Black Population in South Florida is very Southern and the Caribbean immigrants assimilate to the Southern Black culture.

Seriously, Rappers like Trick Daddy, Rick Ross, Plies, are Southern and speak in Southern accents, along with the athletes who come from South Florida, and there are many of them in South Florida. The Miami area is 21% Black. And the majority of those Blacks are of Southern heritage who come from Georgia, and South Carolina.
Obviously never lived in Miami.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-02-2014, 03:42 PM
 
2,331 posts, read 3,874,548 times
Reputation: 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
The poster said if you are at least two hours driving time from New Jersey, you are not in the South. Most of Virginia and all of North Carolina is not 2 hours from New Jersey. So exactly what was your point in regards to that original comment?
Lets just use your logic that Maryland is a Northern State then that will make Virginia a Northern State too because its within two hours from Maryland which makes North Carolina a northern State too because its two hours from Virginia..........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-02-2014, 03:45 PM
 
2,331 posts, read 3,874,548 times
Reputation: 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieSkoon View Post
Re-posting because apparently people still need some enlightenment.
Not coming from a Maryland hater that denies the Fact that the state of Maryland is part of the South.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-02-2014, 03:47 PM
 
2,331 posts, read 3,874,548 times
Reputation: 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Fun Demographic Facts: The City of Philadelphia (not the MSA or CSA) has more Puerto Ricans than the states of Maryland and Virginia combined.

Boston (not the MSA or CSA) has more Dominicans than the states of Maryland and Virginia combined.
Maryland and Virginia is home to the largest Central American(El Salvadorian) population East of the Mississippi River.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-02-2014, 04:40 PM
 
Location: The High Plains
525 posts, read 442,489 times
Reputation: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by $mk8795 View Post
Not coming from a Maryland hater that denies the Fact that the state of Maryland is part of the South.......
Why do you equate hatred with Maryland not being considered apart of the South?

I've never considered Maryland southern personally but I don't hate it... I'd love to live there, actually.

But I've never thought of it as apart of The South and I don't think that many people do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-02-2014, 05:32 PM
 
Location: Appalachian New York, Formerly Louisiana
4,371 posts, read 4,998,789 times
Reputation: 5885
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZcardinal402 View Post
Why do you equate hatred with Maryland not being considered apart of the South?

I've never considered Maryland southern personally but I don't hate it... I'd love to live there, actually.

But I've never thought of it as apart of The South and I don't think that many people do?
That dude is either touched or a pure troll. For the three years I've posted here he's followed me around spouting the same nonsense over and over and over again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-02-2014, 06:20 PM
 
Location: Washington D.C. By way of Texas
18,836 posts, read 27,724,137 times
Reputation: 9896
Quote:
Originally Posted by waviking24 View Post
Obviously never lived in Miami.
I have and he's not far off.

Quote:
Lets just use your logic that Maryland is a Northern State then that will make Virginia a Northern State too because its within two hours from Maryland which makes North Carolina a northern State too because its two hours from Virginia..........
Slippery slope arguments won't work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-02-2014, 10:30 PM
 
2,331 posts, read 3,874,548 times
Reputation: 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZcardinal402 View Post
Why do you equate hatred with Maryland not being considered apart of the South?

I've never considered Maryland southern personally but I don't hate it... I'd love to live there, actually.

But I've never thought of it as apart of The South and I don't think that many people do?
For Maryland to not be part of the South is for Virginia to be part of the Northeast........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-02-2014, 10:39 PM
 
2,331 posts, read 3,874,548 times
Reputation: 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieSkoon View Post
That dude is either touched or a pure troll. For the three years I've posted here he's followed me around spouting the same nonsense over and over and over again.
I get it you hate the truth......

- You do not Pay Maryland TAXES

- You do not reside in Maryland

- The only thin you know about Maryland is Baltimore and DC which does not define Maryland

- Despite reality you spit constantly about Maryland not being part of the South which is not true.

- You make up strange comments to backup your non-factual opinion about Maryland not being Southern

I am from the state of Maryland and I have more room to talk about Maryland being a Southern State but yet you would raise hell if people denied Louisiana and Texas not being in the Southeast by referring the two as South Mid-West......

Oh and ummmm you came to this topic after I made my point that Maryland is in the South so really its you following me around making off the wall comments about Maryland being a Northern state which is untrue.....

Last edited by $mk8795; 01-02-2014 at 10:49 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-02-2014, 10:41 PM
 
2,331 posts, read 3,874,548 times
Reputation: 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Slippery slope arguments won't work.
Thats right which Fails your supporting the op's argument against the Fact that Maryland is a Southern State.....

Again nice try but Maryland is in the south and there is nothing that will change that.............
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top