U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2014, 11:49 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,809,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieSkoon View Post
Nope! Nothing you can say will take away from the Fact that every American state is the south now.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2014, 11:50 PM

4,102 posts, read 4,746,176 times
I guess we ride the same bus then.

Old 01-02-2014, 11:52 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,809,688 times
I ride the commuter rail and subway to my nice cushion white collar professional job in downtown......

Old 01-02-2014, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by $mk8795 View Post
I ride the commuter rail and subway to my nice cushion white collar professional job in downtown......
Like I said in the other thread. Once I used your own methods of nonsense against you, you immediately retreated to calling it retarded.

Sit and think about it, buster.

Old 01-03-2014, 08:50 AM

45,072 posts, read 36,285,285 times
Quote:
You know what? EVERYTHING IS SOUTHERN NOW! We're ALL Dixie! Now everybody is happy.
Well, I'd say that some pretty good and accurate rules of thumb would be:

1. Actual geography and/or
2. History (were part of the Confederacy during the Civil War)

I mean honestly, it seems very clear cut to me.

Old 01-03-2014, 09:03 AM

1,661 posts, read 1,998,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by $mk8795 View Post
Lol please you know you don't have a job

Old 01-03-2014, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Well, I'd say that some pretty good and accurate rules of thumb would be:

1. Actual geography and/or
2. History (were part of the Confederacy during the Civil War)

I mean honestly, it seems very clear cut to me.
In all honesty, I agree.

Maryland was Union and it is geographically northern. For example, it's above the "snowline", there is northern forestry, etc.

There were pro-confederates in Maryland, but there were also pro-confederates in Pennsylvania, Ohio, New York, Kansas, Illinois, Indiana and even Rhode Island. There were also pro-unionists in Alabama, Tennessee, Kentucky, Virginia, and Louisiana.

Old 01-03-2014, 10:40 AM

525 posts, read 434,359 times
Here is my theory on $mk8795:

-This person is very in love with all things "Southern."
-This person is from or lives in Maryland.
-This person considers themselves and the state of Maryland southern because of various census designations, irrelevant old lines, various cultural points in the state...all combined with their love of all things "southern."
-Some people from the deep south at some points in this kids life, made fun of him/her and made him/her feel excluded or "un-southern" based on not being from what they perceived as "the real south."
-Based on years upon years of mental abuse, this person developed an almost reflex to defend his notion of this states perceived "southernness."
-This person developed very "Gollum" like tendencies...quoting the same lines consistently, capitalizing the 'F" in the word fact as to indicate that makes it more accurate, name calling, and general petulance to validate their point
-This forum provides an outlet for this person to argue in a safe environment.
-Therefore this person lives and trolls here.....

Good god...it all makes sense.

Old 01-03-2014, 10:43 AM

1,263 posts, read 1,274,815 times
Quote:
Nope! Nothing you can say will take away from the Fact that every American state is the south now.....
Umm If anythink all states (except for Kansas, and maybe Mississippi) are becoming MUCH more northern.

Old 01-03-2014, 10:44 AM

45,072 posts, read 36,285,285 times
Quote:
In all honesty, I agree.

Maryland was Union and it is geographically northern. For example, it's above the "snowline", there is northern forestry, etc.

There were pro-confederates in Maryland, but there were also pro-confederates in Pennsylvania, Ohio, New York, Kansas, Illinois, Indiana and even Rhode Island. There were also pro-unionists in Alabama, Tennessee, Kentucky, Virginia, and Louisiana.
Maryland was a border state. The Emancipation Proclamation didn't even apply to Maryland. Slaves in Maryland were not freed till the war was over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or