U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-03-2014, 11:21 AM
 
Location: NC
6,555 posts, read 7,981,951 times
Reputation: 13460

Advertisements

South Dakota is the least southern of the southern states.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-03-2014, 11:24 AM
 
Location: Appalachian New York, Formerly Louisiana
4,099 posts, read 4,737,517 times
Reputation: 5374
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Maryland was a border state. The Emancipation Proclamation didn't even apply to Maryland. Slaves in Maryland were not freed till the war was over.
Border, sure. Union, yes. Confederate, no.

The slave issue is neither here nor there. At one point all states had slaves. Not to mention it was northerners who captured them along the underground railroad to return them to southerners.

Many southerners were anti-slavery too. That really has little to do with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2014, 12:04 PM
 
Location: Vineland, NJ
8,483 posts, read 10,469,138 times
Reputation: 5401
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZcardinal402 View Post
Here is my theory on $mk8795:

-This person is very in love with all things "Southern."
-This person is from or lives in Maryland.
-This person considers themselves and the state of Maryland southern because of various census designations, irrelevant old lines, various cultural points in the state...all combined with their love of all things "southern."
-Some people from the deep south at some points in this kids life, made fun of him/her and made him/her feel excluded or "un-southern" based on not being from what they perceived as "the real south."
-Based on years upon years of mental abuse, this person developed an almost reflex to defend his notion of this states perceived "southernness."
-This person developed very "Gollum" like tendencies...quoting the same lines consistently, capitalizing the 'F" in the word fact as to indicate that makes it more accurate, name calling, and general petulance to validate their point
-This forum provides an outlet for this person to argue in a safe environment.
-Therefore this person lives and trolls here.....


Good god...it all makes sense.
lmfao!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2014, 12:50 PM
 
Location: Appalachian New York, Formerly Louisiana
4,099 posts, read 4,737,517 times
Reputation: 5374
Quote:
Originally Posted by pantin23 View Post
Umm If anythink all states (except for Kansas, and maybe Mississippi) are becoming MUCH more northern.
I was being facetious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2014, 01:28 PM
 
Location: A subtropical paradise
2,069 posts, read 2,199,967 times
Reputation: 1329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
Yes. An opinion that is far more informed than yours.
If you say so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2014, 06:31 PM
 
2,331 posts, read 3,807,142 times
Reputation: 357
Dude you can type until your blue and red in the face and Maryland will still be a Southern State.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieSkoon View Post
Like I said in the other thread. Once I used your own methods of nonsense against you, you immediately retreated to calling it retarded.

Sit and think about it, buster.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2014, 06:33 PM
 
2,331 posts, read 3,807,142 times
Reputation: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by waviking24 View Post
Lol please you know you don't have a job
I don't work in blue collar private sector........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2014, 06:36 PM
 
2,331 posts, read 3,807,142 times
Reputation: 357
Wow Your right it does make sense. And after reviewing your little Smart A-- Commentary it definitely shows that you are a bitter lonely country kid that continues to hold on to the CONfederate Flag and Blames Maryland for the South losing the Civil War. I know it urks you that people outside of the southern states do not respect you but with your discriminating attitude its no surprise why they would not want to be associated with narrow mindedness. I get it, you people will never get over the Fact that the South lost the war and in some way or form of get back is for some of you people to take out your cold blooded bitterness on the state of Maryland by trying poorly to segregate the state from Virginia and North Carolina. No matter how much you people Hate the State of Maryland it will not ever erase the Fact that Maryland is a Southern State.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZcardinal402 View Post
Here is my theory on $mk8795:

-This person is very in love with all things "Southern."
-This person is from or lives in Maryland.
-This person considers themselves and the state of Maryland southern because of various census designations, irrelevant old lines, various cultural points in the state...all combined with their love of all things "southern."
-Some people from the deep south at some points in this kids life, made fun of him/her and made him/her feel excluded or "un-southern" based on not being from what they perceived as "the real south."
-Based on years upon years of mental abuse, this person developed an almost reflex to defend his notion of this states perceived "southernness."
-This person developed very "Gollum" like tendencies...quoting the same lines consistently, capitalizing the 'F" in the word fact as to indicate that makes it more accurate, name calling, and general petulance to validate their point
-This forum provides an outlet for this person to argue in a safe environment.
-Therefore this person lives and trolls here.....


Good god...it all makes sense.

Last edited by $mk8795; 01-03-2014 at 06:59 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2014, 06:37 PM
 
2,331 posts, read 3,807,142 times
Reputation: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieSkoon View Post
Border, sure. Union, yes. Confederate, no.

The slave issue is neither here nor there. At one point all states had slaves. Not to mention it was northerners who captured them along the underground railroad to return them to southerners.

Many southerners were anti-slavery too. That really has little to do with it.
And again at the end of the Day Maryland is still a Southern State......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2014, 06:43 PM
 
2,331 posts, read 3,807,142 times
Reputation: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
lmfao!!!
Well guess its true what they say about some people from the deep south have severe mental issues that prevent them to use logic thinking skills........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top