Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2016, 05:47 PM

10,106 posts, read 7,309,147 times

Advertisements

Ok then you have to argue that FDR and LBJ and other liberal Democrats were actually conservatives because majority of people in the south were voting for those types of candidates in the racist era. That doesn't make any sense.

I'm not going to get into the poverty thing with you again. It is funny to me you talk about poverty in the 'deep south' but not your own city which has a big rep for poverty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2016, 05:50 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,839,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
Ok then you have to argue that FDR and LBJ and other liberal Democrats were actually conservatives because majority of people in the south were voting for those types of candidates in the racist era. That doesn't make any sense.

There are more poor people in number living in blue states than down south.

St. Louis probably has more poor peple than SC's big 3 metroes combined.
The South sometimes will vote for nonconservatives but as a general rule it is conservative. You really don't have an in between view on anything do you?
In terms of poverty rates, no it doesn't. St. Louis also has a lot more RICH and middle class people than South Carolina does. You truly just don't get it.

Old 06-04-2016, 05:52 PM

ok, well I'm going to stop talking to you about the south. literally everything you say about the south is negative.

you talk a lot about the south for somebody who doesn't live in it. You don't seem interested in what a person from the south thinks about it though.

Old 06-04-2016, 05:55 PM

Quote:

I'm not going to get into the poverty thing with you again. It is funny to me you talk about poverty in the 'deep south' but not your own city which has a big rep for poverty.
The impoverished as a percentage of St. Louis and Missouri's population is lower than the impoverished as a percentage of the Southern states' populations. That's how you measure poverty. Of course you like to do things not by the book so I don't even see why I'm having this argument with you. You like to bend facts so they suit your point of view instead of accepting them for what they are.

Old 06-04-2016, 05:56 PM

Quote:
ok, well I'm going to stop talking to you about the south. literally everything you say about the south is negative.

you talk a lot about the south for somebody who doesn't live in it. You don't seem interested in what a person from the south thinks about it though.
You don't seem interested in facts.

Old 06-04-2016, 05:56 PM

ok

i am going to implement a new policy on myself to not interact with the non residents of the south who say negative things about the south. Much of that is political I think.

you can't say LBJ, FDR, Woodrow Wilson were conservatives and the south voted for them for president. They were liberals, as liberals as Obama on economics and tax policy etc. The Democrat party owned the south in its racist era.

the point that I'm making is that 'less southern' should mean more conservative, not more liberal, if historical accuracy is desired.

this will be my last comment on this topic.

Last edited by ClemVegas; 06-04-2016 at 06:05 PM..

Old 06-04-2016, 06:04 PM

102 posts, read 116,427 times
Quote:
ok

i am going to implement a new policy on myself to not interact with the non residents of the south who say negative things about the south. Much of that is political I think.

Old 06-04-2016, 06:08 PM

that was the expression on my face when you asserted that Democrats didn't win in the south, the Dixiecrats did.

have a good day

Old 06-04-2016, 07:02 PM

22 posts, read 15,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
And Texas.
That isn't entirely true. Now Houston, TX maybe, but the rest of Texas would be country and southern.

Old 06-04-2016, 07:04 PM

22 posts, read 15,877 times
I'd say Florida and Houston, TX.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.