U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2018, 03:41 PM

7,595 posts, read 4,028,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
See but here’s the trap....You’re a white guy, you don’t get to tell non white people who is being racist (well apparently you do because Trump, but this is fundamentally flawed)
So you don't think white people can have an opinion? I've noticed you have randomly brought up white skin color several times now as though simply being white makes me less credible. That sounds racist to me.

Again, i'm not 'telling' non white people anything. Nobody is required to agree with my view that white racism isn't much of a problem in this country at this time. I've cited the unemployment stats as evidence and I could point out several other things that support my view.

I think oftentimes today accusations of racism are used to bully people out of valid opinions and stances on issues. For example, there are people today who say requiring photo ID to vote is racist. So if you are concerned about voter fraud, and want photo ID to help prevent it, you get called a racist.

I want to point out that there are minorities that vote Republican. Two black men have recently run for the GOP presidential nomination. One of them was a brain surgeon. If a brain surgeon doesn't think GOP voters are racist, the GOP is probably not racist. They don't just let anybody operate on people's brains. I don't think a bunch of white racists could deceived a world renowned brain surgeon who invented a new technique to separate conjoined twins.

Last edited by ClemVegas; 07-11-2018 at 03:57 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2018, 03:59 PM

6,978 posts, read 6,584,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
So you don't think white people can have an opinion? I've noticed you have randomly brought up white skin color several times now as though simply being white makes me less credible. That sounds racist to me.

Again, i'm not 'telling' non white people anything. Nobody is required to agree with my view that white racism isn't much of a problem in this country at this time. I've cited the unemployment stats as evidence and I could point out several other things that support my view.

I think oftentimes today accusations of racism are used to bully people out of valid opinions and stances on issues. For example, there are people today who say requiring photo ID to vote is racist. So if you are concerned about voter fraud, and want photo ID to help prevent it, you get called a racist.

I want to point out that there are minorities that vote Republican. Two black men have recently run for the GOP presidential nomination. One of them was a brain surgeon. If a brain surgeon doesn't think GOP voters are racist, the GOP is probably not racist. They don't just let anybody operate on people's brains.
Dog whistle alert!

Iím saying that white people donít have the right perspective on white racism. Amazing though. Youíre a special person and your opinion on racism is just as valuable as any non white personís.

I must have missed that time when all the black people in the country voted Ben Carson their spokesperson.

Old 07-11-2018, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Dog whistle alert!

I’m saying that white people don’t have the right perspective on white racism. Amazing though. You’re a special person and your opinion on racism is just as valuable as any non white person’s.

I must have missed that time when all the black people in the country voted Ben Carson their spokesperson.
I never said Ben Carson is spokesperson for all black people. Do you really think I don't understand most black voters vote Democrat?

You don't even know that I'm white. I have never disclosed my race on here. You keep talking about skin color. It is irrelevant to my points on here.

You haven't provided any evidence that white people don't have the 'right' perspective on white racism. You could not prove that assertion in court.

Old 07-11-2018, 04:05 PM

Quote:
I never said Ben Carson is spokesperson for all black people. Do you really think I don't understand most black voters vote Democrat?

You don't even know that I'm white. I have never disclosed my race on here. You keep talking about skin color. It is irrelevant to my points on here.
Very relevant and Iím sure youíre of middle eastern descent. Probably from one of the banned countries.

Old 07-11-2018, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Very relevant and I’m sure you’re of middle eastern descent. Probably from one of the banned countries.

Are you saying there are no Middle Eastern Republican voters?

One of the biggest conservatives in this country is Dinesh D'Souza, an immigrant from India, and he has had several books and movies arguing against the Big Switch political theory that you pushed on here.

Old 07-11-2018, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Are you saying there are no Middle Eastern Republican voters?

One of the biggest conservatives in this country is Dinesh D'Souza, an immigrant from India, and he has had several books and movies arguing against the Big Switch political theory that you pushed on here.
Not what I’m saying at all.

Just so you know, India isn’t in the Middle East. I guess that wasn’t in his book?

Old 07-11-2018, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Not what I’m saying at all.

Just so you know, India isn’t in the Middle East. I guess that wasn’t in his book?
It is right next to Pakistan. My point is there are non white immigrant Republicans.

I think Dinesh agrees with everything I have posted on here. He's not white. Keep in mind he went to prestigious Ivy League colleges.

Old 07-11-2018, 04:18 PM

Quote:
It is right next to Pakistan.
Not in the Middle East either. This may explain why the rednecks are always beating up the wrong people.

Quote:
I think Dinesh agrees with everything I have posted on here. He's not white. Keep in mind he went to prestigious Ivy League colleges too.
I wonder if he agrees with you about where India and Pakistan are located?

Maybe this is the case you were looking for against affirmative action?

Old 07-11-2018, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Not in the Middle East either. This may explain why the rednecks are always beating up the wrong people.

I wonder if he agrees with you about where India and Pakistan are located?
I don't think you have any evidence that I'm a redneck.

It is funny how you act like you are more informed than me but you linked an article that tried to use Strom Thurmond switching to GOP as the basis for the big switch theory even though the rest of those segregationists didn't switch.

Old 07-11-2018, 04:20 PM

Quote:
I don't think you have any evidence that I'm a redneck.
Didnít say you were
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or