Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2018, 08:15 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,397,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
Bro. Let’s do a search on how many times Fox News has mentioned the name Clinton in the past week. It will easily exceed the amount of times MSNBC and CNN combined have mentioned Storm in the past 5 years.
That topic doesn't really have anything to do with 'The South'. I think Clinton gets mentioned only because of one of the big issues in the news since the election.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2018, 08:17 PM

6,613 posts, read 16,578,172 times
FL, definitely.

Old 07-11-2018, 08:19 PM

11,477 posts, read 11,553,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
That topic doesn't really have anything to do with 'The South'. I think it is obvious why Clinton is being discussed a lot given the claim that many people including Hillary has made since the election.

Well, if there was a big switch it occurred when the racist public started supporting the GOP instead of the southern Dems, not when politicians walked across the aisle. They unquestionably did in this past election. It is well documented that the white nationalist movement embraced and voted for Trump. If you dispute that you have your head in the sand.

Old 07-11-2018, 08:20 PM

Quote:
They unquestionably did in this past election. It is well documented that the white nationalist movement embraced and voted for Trump. If you dispute that you have your head in the sand.
I think that is questionable.

I think there are probably white racists that started voting GOP because Democrats are constantly branding the GOP as racist. White racists probably aren't the smartest people. If pandering to white racism is a winner in this country, I wouldn't brand the GOP as racist. That seems like it would be assisting the GOP because it isn't saying it is racist. I would label some 3rd party that has no shot of winning as the true home of white racism.

You are saying this politician who won several historically blue states, PA, WI and MI, was able to flip some voters who had voted for Obama by appealing to white racists. He was able to attract some Democrats in a way no other Republican has been able to do except Reagan. If he didn't win those states, he is taking a L b/c GOP can't win Virginia anymore.

Last edited by ClemVegas; 07-11-2018 at 08:33 PM..

Old 07-11-2018, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Then we’re done because it is indisputable. There is plenty of evidence from 4chan and other white nationalist boards to back this up. You just choose to ignore it.

Old 07-11-2018, 08:34 PM

Quote:

I think there are probably white racists that started voting GOP because Democrats are constantly branding the GOP as racist. White racists probably aren't the smartest people. If pandering to white racism is a winner in this country, I wouldn't brand the GOP as racist. That seems like it would be assisting the GOP because it isn't saying it is racist. I would label some 3rd party that has no shot of winning as the true home of white racism.

You are saying this politician who won several historically blue states, PA, WI and MI, was able to flip some voters who had voted for Obama by appealing to white racists. He was able to attract some Democrats in a way no other Republican has been able to do except Reagan. If he didn't win those states, he is taking a L b/c GOP can't win Virginia anymore.
You appear to have edited your post and now agree that white nationalists and nazis did support Trump and that the GOP does in fact pander to them as a strategy. We’re good.

Old 07-11-2018, 08:35 PM

Quote:
You appear to have edited your post and now agree that white nationalists and nazis did support Trump and that the GOP does in fact pander to them as a strategy. We’re good.
That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying your theory doesn't make any sense given he won 3 blue states and flipped some voters who had voted for Obama. I think he actually did better with minorities than McCain and Romney.

If you believe the south is where most of the white racists are located, it seems like Trump would have only done well in the south, like George Wallace. I think DJT won 30 states.

I think one of the underrated reasons DJT won is a lot of people think he is funny. That is what Scott Adams, the Dilbert cartoonist, thinks.

Old 07-11-2018, 08:45 PM

Quote:
That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying your theory doesn't make any sense given he won 3 blue states and flipped some voters who had voted for Obama. I think he actually did better with minorities than McCain and Romney.

If you believe the south is where most of the white racists are located, it seems like Trump would have only done well in the south, like George Wallace. I think DJT won 30 states.
Well if your theory is that Trump outperformed Obama in the 3 states you mentioned, you better check your facts. Obama received more votes in each of those states than Trump did and they all had larger populations in 2016 than they did in 2012. It has a lot more to do with Hillary being a bad candidate and certainly some to do with Trump’s appeal to white nationalism in states that have been chronically underemployed for a while now. Blaming foreigners and “the other” usually plays well in those circumstances. Always refreshing to have a guy come in with a bottle of snake oil that will fix all your problems. Anyway, that’s another class I teach. You have to pay for that one. My soy steak is getting cold.

Old 07-12-2018, 01:34 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,620,541 times
Anyways back to the topic at hand....least Southern is Florida

Do not call us "Southerners".

Old 07-12-2018, 01:36 AM

2,362 posts, read 777,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Anyways back to the topic at hand....least Southern is Florida

Do not call us "Southerners".
There is a lot of "Southerness" in Florida, even South Florida. I used to go to Key Largo all the time for scuba diving and many of the boat operators used the Southern y'all. I guess compared to other Southern states, maybe? Dunno, I'd say Maryland is the least Southern.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.