U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2018, 06:11 AM

2,148 posts, read 1,440,287 times

Advertisements

Florida, hands down!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2018, 07:00 AM

1,708 posts, read 1,373,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Anyways back to the topic at hand....least Southern is Florida

Do not call us "Southerners".
um

Old 07-12-2018, 07:07 AM

45,145 posts, read 36,338,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Anyways back to the topic at hand....least Southern is Florida

Do not call us "Southerners".
Southerner.

Old 07-12-2018, 07:22 AM

23,127 posts, read 35,114,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Southerner.
I was born in Pensacola, and you can call me Southerner all day long.

Old 07-12-2018, 09:14 AM

4,885 posts, read 3,007,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying your theory doesn't make any sense given he won 3 blue states and flipped some voters who had voted for Obama. I think he actually did better with minorities than McCain and Romney.

If you believe the south is where most of the white racists are located, it seems like Trump would have only done well in the south, like George Wallace. I think DJT won 30 states.

I think one of the underrated reasons DJT won is a lot of people think he is funny. That is what Scott Adams, the Dilbert cartoonist, thinks.
Don swept the south and most of the midwest, though some of the midwest states and Florida were pretty close. A more granular view shows Hilary wins the larger cities. It is what it is.

Old 07-12-2018, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Do you have any evidence most of them voted for Trump? We know the leader of the rally had voted for Obama in 2012 and was in Occupy Wall Street.

If those are mainstream Republicans, why don't we see more rallies like that?
LOL. Done.

You're right, I can't validate each of their votes just like I can't validate how each member of the Black Panthers vote. You've officially jumped the shark and this isn't an argument worth having.

Did you go to the Sip and Ride in Greenville yday?

Last edited by Gaylord_Focker; 07-12-2018 at 09:54 AM..

Old 07-12-2018, 09:22 AM

Quote:
The reason you talk about 'dog whistles' is you don't have any evidence of racism but you still want to make the assertion.

Nothing you said in that post is factual. You also didn't mention DJT recently pardoning the black woman who was in jail for some kind of drug related felony. He got the Chinese president to spring those 3 black college basketball players who busted shoplifting. They were looking at like 10 years in a labor prison camp.

It is interesting how most of the topics about 'the South' on here feature a lot of people with your politics making accusations of racism that you could not prove in court.
You ever actually research anything? https://www.sbnation.com/college-bas...-jail-arrested

Old 07-12-2018, 09:26 AM

1,991 posts, read 872,579 times
Virginia and the Southern portion of Florida!

Old 07-12-2018, 09:27 AM

1,991 posts, read 872,579 times
Btw Northern Florida feels more southern to me than parts of Northern VA! But ultimately I think both states qualify ass less southern than other southern states!

Old 07-12-2018, 09:44 AM

1,204 posts, read 414,561 times
The crux of the argument that the parties have always been the same is that the abolition of slavery, womens suffrage, desegregation, etc. were conservative causes.

Whats needed to defeat that argument? A dictionary.

The definition of the word conservative is: "holding to traditional attitudes and values and cautious about change or innovation, typically in relation to politics or religion."

The definition of the word liberal is: "open to new behavior or opinions and willing to discard traditional values."

Enough said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or