U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 02:13 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,200,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stechkin View Post
when does it start to get hot in atl? is there any 80+ days in march?
It starts getting hot here typically from June through the beginning of September. By late September, it begins to cool and the nice fall colors start appearing in October. It is rare to have an 80 degree + day here in March. In March, it ranges from 40's to 60's. The 80 degree weather starts in May. We even hear some northerners stating that it is cooler here than they originally thought.

Right now it is 75 degrees in my area..... Just had some rain in the area.

Last edited by BeyondInfinity; 06-10-2013 at 02:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2013, 02:26 PM

690 posts, read 809,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondInfinity View Post
It starts getting hot here typically from June through the beginning of September. By late September, it begins to cool and the nice fall colors start appearing in October. It is rare to have an 80 degree + day here in March. In March, it ranges from 40's to 60's. The 80 degree weather starts in May. We even hear some northerners stating that it is cooler here than they originally thought.

Right now it is 75 degrees in my area..... Just had some rain in the area.
ok
here it basically starts to get too hot for me in may until late sept so i figured id have to add two more months to heat/humid annoyance if i move to atl so that concerns me still cuz averages look way hotter for atl in non summer months

Old 06-10-2013, 02:35 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,200,550 times
Quote:
ok
here it basically starts to get too hot for me in may until late sept so i figured id have to add two more months to heat/humid annoyance if i move to atl so that concerns me still
Got ya!

Old 06-10-2013, 02:38 PM

3,336 posts, read 4,008,031 times
Quote:
in college for now
most likely will end up in some local govt job
What area of government are you trying to go into? I am a former local government worker, was laid off and have not been able to find another government job in four years. I also worked for the State of Georgia for 8 years. If you want to work in government try to get a job with the Feds. They pay way more. State and local government pays VERY low in Georgia unless you are in management, and even then the salaries are not competitive. I knew plenty of folks with degrees working in government here making less than $30k in Georgia. $800 in rent may not seem like much coming from NYC, but when you are making $13 an hour or less, it's still not affordable.

As you contemplate Atlanta bear mind that the salaries here are much lower than NYC.

Old 06-10-2013, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta_BD View Post
What area of government are you trying to go into? I am a former local government worker, was laid off and have not been able to find another government job in four years. I also worked for the State of Georgia for 8 years. If you want to work in government try to get a job with the Feds. They pay way more. State and local government pays VERY low in Georgia unless you are in management, and even then the salaries are not competitive. I knew plenty of folks with degrees working in government here making less than $30k in Georgia. $800 in rent may not seem like much coming from NYC, but when you are making $13 an hour or less, it's still not affordable.

As you contemplate Atlanta bear mind that the salaries here are much lower than NYC.
yea, its not, but i think they still pay more than nyc, adjusted to col, many govt jobs here start at 35k
30k is bs tho of course and i wouldnt move for that unless its temporary and a good career prospect
i don kno what area yet, maybe corrections or probation, prolly not police or maybe jus some regular state job, and feds jobs are def nice, but its next to impossible to get em nowadays, all the vets come before u

Old 06-10-2013, 02:46 PM

3,336 posts, read 4,008,031 times
Quote:
yea, its not, but i think they still pay more than nyc, adjusted to col, 30k is bs tho of course and i wouldnt move for that unless its temporary and a good career prospect
i don kno what area yet, maybe corrections or probation, prolly not police or maybe jus some regular state job, and feds jobs are def nice, but its next to impossible to get em nowadays, all the vets come before u
Trust me they do not pay more than NYC here. You really need to do your research as far as that goes. One of my friends worked for the state for 10 years straight and never saw $30k a year. I worked for the state for 8 years straight and never saw $30k a year.

Director positions in state agencies don't even pay $100k a year and some of the attorneys I used to work for in the state didn't make $40k, so that should tell you something.

Old 06-10-2013, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta_BD View Post
Trust me they do not pay more than NYC here. You really need to do your research as far as that goes. One of my friends worked for the state for 10 years straight and never saw $30k a year. I worked for the state for 8 years straight and never saw $30k a year.

Director positions in state agencies don't even pay $100k a year and some of the attorneys I used to work for in the state didn't make $40k, so that should tell you something.
damn, ok, ill look into that

Old 06-10-2013, 05:41 PM

4,009 posts, read 5,525,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justme02 View Post
I wouldnt call St. Louis diverse, but you can get it pretty cheap.

Minneapolis/St. Paul is a lot more diverse than St. Louis. None are as diverse as the ones I mentioned or Chicago, but Minneapolis doesnt exactly lag in that department either.
St. Louis definitely has diversity, and it's definitely affordable

Old 06-10-2013, 06:41 PM

740 posts, read 1,021,932 times
^ st. louis isn't as diverse as Chicago, Atl or Houston....

Old 06-11-2013, 06:25 PM

any more opinion on philly in my scenario?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or