Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 04:01 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,922,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
To be honest with you, the weather has to at least be chilly once the sun sets in order for me to get in a Christmas mood. I remember one year I went to Orlando for a few days right after Christmas, and it was actually kind of a buzzkill. I didn't savor Christmas the way I normally do, and I felt out of place, really. I don't mind cold weather in December, so I'll save Florida for the post-football doldrums in late January and early February. That's when Florida is most appealing to me. Otherwise, I'll celebrate Christmas in the cold, thank you.
That's exactly why I hate winter. A cold Christmas is a nice, good, festive, stereotypical Christmas, but because Christmas comes and goes so quickly, you're left with a really, really, cold miserable post-Christmas winter, which often times last so long, that it overlaps into March and coincides with what is supposed to be some people's Spring Break. Summer, Spring, and fall never overstay there welcome the same way winter does. Have you ever experienced snow in March? I have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2011, 09:07 AM

2,811 posts, read 5,622,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caphillsea77 View Post
Leavenworth, WA

enchanted holidays in the Casacade Moutains

I second that vote for Leavenworth, WA! I went there about two weeks before Christmas last year, and it was just amazing. It was a Friday evening- after dinner we walked out to the main street and saw the most incredible Christmas scene- the little town square had a choir of kids singing Christmas carols, the little park right next to that gazebo had kids sledding, there were tons of people in the streets taking part in it all- it was just like nothing I had ever seen before (except in cheesy Christmas movies). Loved it, we are definitely going back this year!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.