Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 06:56 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,621,897 times

Advertisements

Of course all 50 states celebrate Christmas and are unique in their ways but my image of Christmas is Cold and Snow with Sleighs being pulled by horses and people Ice Skating and trees decorated with Ornaments etc..... you know the fictitious North Pole image we had as kids. Living in the desert doesn't give me that feel unless i visit one of the Mountain Communities with Snow and Pine Trees all around.

I think the Northeast U.S. maybe like upstate NY or Western Mass, New Hampshire, Vermont or Conn etc.

Maybe places in the great lakes region like Minnesota and Wisconsin would fit the bill.

Or maybe the mountain areas like Colorado, Idaho, Washington or Oregon.

Anyway any thoughts about any place out there that gives you the feeling like you live in or know of a place known as Christmas Town in your eyes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2007, 07:36 PM

2,247 posts, read 7,029,877 times
Santa Claus, Ind

Old 11-05-2007, 07:37 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,903,465 times
Fort Lauderdale, Florida!!!!

Old 11-05-2007, 07:41 PM

2,787 posts, read 11,500,679 times
Boston, Chicago, or NYC, in my opinion.

I’m sure we all know Radio City, Rock. Center, Central Park, 5th Ave., Madison Ave., Canal Street, etc. for NYC.

Boston is great around Christmas with Boston Commons and all the great shops and cafes.

Chicago with State Street, Michigan Ave., all the shops and shows, etc.

Old 11-05-2007, 07:50 PM

1,119 posts, read 2,742,903 times
Ditto here

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
Boston, Chicago, or NYC, in my opinion.

I’m sure we all know Radio City, Rock. Center, Central Park, 5th Ave., Madison Ave., Canal Street, etc. for NYC.

Boston is great around Christmas with Boston Commons and all the great shops and cafes.

Chicago with State Street, Michigan Ave., all the shops and shows, etc.

Old 11-05-2007, 07:58 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,120,494 times
Fifth Avenue, NYC!

Old 11-05-2007, 09:11 PM

145 posts, read 375,247 times
frankenmuth, mi
I have never seen anything else like this town anywhere. it is like christmas 365 days of the year. it has to be one of the cutest towns ever.

Old 11-05-2007, 11:13 PM

4,552 posts, read 15,027,788 times
I think of a New Mexican christmas with a sunny christmas day,family,red chile and all the good food with the adobes and houses lined with luminarias.A desert christmas is all I know and it is very nice.I have seen one white christmas though years back,that was a change.

Old 11-05-2007, 11:24 PM

2,314 posts, read 4,798,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts View Post
Santa Claus, Ind
I'm Jewish, but I know good Christmas towns when I see 'em!

Southern Indiana is a perfect Christmas hemisphere for those who celebrate it! The climate is usually in the high 30's, so snow almost always occurs during this time (Chicago usually gets too cold for snow, as does Northern Indiana and Ohio).

Bloomington in particular is a great Christmas town. Bloomington lights up it's town square and has many Christmas events and fundraisers for children. It's really cool!

Old 11-06-2007, 02:38 AM

7,731 posts, read 13,429,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 FOOT 3 View Post
Of course all 50 states celebrate Christmas and are unique in their ways but my image of Christmas is Cold and Snow with Sleighs being pulled by horses and people Ice Skating and trees decorated with Ornaments etc..... you know the fictitious North Pole image we had as kids. Living in the desert doesn't give me that feel unless i visit one of the Mountain Communities with Snow and Pine Trees all around.

I think the Northeast U.S. maybe like upstate NY or Western Mass, New Hampshire, Vermont or Conn etc.

Maybe places in the great lakes region like Minnesota and Wisconsin would fit the bill.

Or maybe the mountain areas like Colorado, Idaho, Washington or Oregon.

Anyway any thoughts about any place out there that gives you the feeling like you live in or know of a place known as Christmas Town in your eyes.
Somewhere in New England.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.