U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2013, 07:39 AM

166 posts, read 146,275 times

Advertisements

you see strip clubs near churches all over the south. I think the liberals in government like zoning that way on purpose as a joke.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2013, 07:48 AM

3,530 posts, read 4,263,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTesla35 View Post
you see strip clubs near churches all over the south. I think the liberals in government like zoning that way on purpose as a joke.
I can't argue with that, other than to say that I have never seen it. However, I know it doesn't exist in Houston, as stated earlier in this thread as an example of Houston's "personality".

BTW- if you do see a strip club next to a church somewhere in the South, it's likely there because it's in an unincorporated area without zoning, not purposely governed that way by the "liberals" with their stronghold on the South.

Old 06-19-2013, 07:52 AM

1,666 posts, read 1,307,088 times
@DrTesla. Nope. Charleston is in a separate league from other SC cities (the "Stunning League"). No one outside SC or its bordering states (GA, NC, TN) has ever heard of Greenville. You can compare Greenville to Columbia, but not to Charleston.

Old 06-19-2013, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalparadise View Post
I can't argue with that, other than to say that I have never seen it. However, I know it doesn't exist in Houston, as stated earlier in this thread as an example of Houston's "personality".

BTW- if you do see a strip club next to a church somewhere in the South, it's likely there because it's in an unincorporated area without zoning, not purposely governed that way by the "liberals" with their stronghold on the South.
there are tons of liberals in the south bro, in the government. it's funny how people not from here think it is like 90 percent conservative vs 10 percent liberal. it is more like 55 to 45. meanwhile liberal areas are more like 80 to 20 liberal-conservative. That's why guys like Obama are so bad at debate b/c he never had to prior to national politics.

Old 06-19-2013, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masonbauknight View Post
@DrTesla. Nope. Charleston is in a separate league from other SC cities (the "Stunning League"). No one outside SC or its bordering states (GA, NC, TN) has ever heard of Greenville. You can compare Greenville to Columbia, but not to Charleston.
Publicity doesn't mean Charleston has better downtown that Greenville. Two different animals. Charleston is more historic, and obviously it is near the beach. Greenville has the more attractive downtown area but this is always a subjective thing.

I do think you are wrong about people outside of the south not hearing of Greenville. THat probably only true of people who have never been to the south at all. or only to mrygle beach. LOL

Old 06-19-2013, 08:53 AM

1 posts, read 900 times
Stepping into New Orleans is like stepping into a different world. Even though NOLA is in Louisiana, they have a unique culture that's not found anywhere else.

Trashy? Yes, certain areas should definitely be avoided.

Enchanting? Absolutely! New and old. Quaint and haunting. An absolutely "must visit" city!

Tip: Only plan on staying a few days. The food is so wonderful, that you'll surely put a few inches on your waistline if you're there much longer! When you leave...you'll already be planning you next trip to this intriguing city.

You can visit any other city in Louisiana, but none of them can capture the mood that New Orleans inspires!

Last edited by home remedy gal; 06-19-2013 at 08:55 AM.. Reason: misspelled word

Old 06-19-2013, 09:06 AM

939 posts, read 2,829,194 times
No personality? Easy... Phoenix and Dallas.

Old 06-19-2013, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by home remedy gal View Post
Stepping into New Orleans is like stepping into a different world. Even though NOLA is in Louisiana, they have a unique culture that's not found anywhere else.

Trashy? Yes, certain areas should definitely be avoided.

Enchanting? Absolutely! New and old. Quaint and haunting. An absolutely "must visit" city!

Tip: Only plan on staying a few days. The food is so wonderful, that you'll surely put a few inches on your waistline if you're there much longer! When you leave...you'll already be planning you next trip to this intriguing city.

You can visit any other city in Louisiana, but none of them can capture the mood that New Orleans inspires!
I had ajob interview at a company located near Borbourn Street a few years ago. They had a taxi pick me up at the airport and take me straight to the hotel they put me in. I didn't realize it was near Bourbour street at the time, and I stumbled out fairly late to get someting to eat and ended up on Borbour street, and I stepped right on a hobo lying on the sidewalk who I did not see b/c it was dark and no street lighting.

I don't know if I'd call New Orleans quaint, at least borbourn street. pretty trash looking I think.

Old 06-19-2013, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCali4LifeSD View Post
No personality? Easy... Phoenix and Dallas.
I never been to Dallas but I agree with tha and Phoniex. I'd add Houston, Altanta, Raleigh, Tampa, Orlando is bordline, Jackonsville, Baltimore.

Old 06-19-2013, 10:04 AM

1,446 posts, read 2,288,281 times
Cities with a lot of personality:
New Orleans
Miami
New York
Washington, DC
Chicago
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.