U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Will Texas ever surpass California in population?
YES 65 32.18%
NO 137 67.82%
Voters: 202. You may not vote on this poll

 
 
Unread 10-27-2008, 09:23 PM
 
Location: Sun Diego, CA
522 posts, read 933,250 times
Reputation: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
It's already happening in the urban cities in Texas. Dallas is solid democratic now as well as Austin and Harris is next. Won't be to long before Bexar and Tarrant follows behind. They believe Texas could be a swing state as early as 2016.
. If so, within 2 elections all eyes will be on Texas!
Quick reply to this message

 
Unread 10-27-2008, 10:03 PM
 
Location: Washington D.C. By way of Texas
12,679 posts, read 12,818,354 times
Reputation: 4564
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesside View Post
. If so, within 2 elections all eyes will be on Texas!
It would be a disaster for the republicans if they can no longer hold that state. They are about to lose Florida and Virginia and Texas maybe next. Texas is becoming more and more urban as each year passes by and they are slowing going into the suburban counties as well. Not to mention that the hispanics are coming into Texas which historically votes democrat and you basically have the writings on the wall.
Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 10-27-2008, 10:05 PM
 
Location: Houston
4,763 posts, read 6,417,583 times
Reputation: 3020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
It would be a disaster for the republicans if they can no longer hold that state. They are about to lose Florida and Virginia and Texas maybe next. Texas is becoming more and more urban as each year passes by and they are slowing going into the suburban counties as well. Not to mention that the hispanics are coming into Texas which historically votes democrat and you basically have the writings on the wall.
I was reading on the Houston Chronicle website the other day that Harris County will probably go towards the democrats this year for the first time in decades.
Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 10-28-2008, 07:45 AM
 
Location: Underneath the Pecan Tree
15,753 posts, read 17,575,799 times
Reputation: 6517
I have a strong feeling even my hometown of Waco, Tx will vote democratic this year. It was very hard to find or spot any McCain signs, but saw lots of Obama signs.
Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 10-28-2008, 09:34 PM
 
Location: Washington D.C. By way of Texas
12,679 posts, read 12,818,354 times
Reputation: 4564
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
I have a strong feeling even my hometown of Waco, Tx will vote democratic this year. It was very hard to find or spot any McCain signs, but saw lots of Obama signs.
Waco, like every other city in Central Texas, will go McCain. You may not see the signs. But the conservatives will come out in full force in Central Texas.
Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 10-28-2008, 10:56 PM
 
Location: Underneath the Pecan Tree
15,753 posts, read 17,575,799 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Waco, like every other city in Central Texas, will go McCain. You may not see the signs. But the conservatives will come out in full force in Central Texas.
You don't live there.....so it makes sense why you think this way.
Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 10-28-2008, 11:13 PM
 
668 posts, read 1,331,333 times
Reputation: 210
Will Texans ever shut up about surpassing places in population?
Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 10-29-2008, 12:08 AM
 
Location: Portlandia "burbs"
7,316 posts, read 6,698,765 times
Reputation: 14986
Parts of Texas had a population surge from Katrina. And, like California, it has a humongous illegal population as well, if not more. It stands a good chance of edging higher than Calif in due time, depending on how its economy holds out over time.
Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 10-31-2008, 11:58 PM
 
Location: Washington D.C. By way of Texas
12,679 posts, read 12,818,354 times
Reputation: 4564
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
You don't live there.....so it makes sense why you think this way.
You sure do get upset when someone says the slightest about Waco. Texans in general need to stop taking things so personal and start living in reality and right now, until proven otherwise, Waco, as well as the entirety of North Central Texas, will go McCain. Barring unforeseen circumstances, McLennen, Bell, Falls, Coryell, and more will be red.
Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 10-31-2008, 11:59 PM
 
Location: Washington D.C. By way of Texas
12,679 posts, read 12,818,354 times
Reputation: 4564
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banx View Post
Will Texans ever shut up about surpassing places in population?
No. We're just going to keep asking just to make you mad.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top