Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2013, 12:55 AM

14 posts, read 34,879 times

Advertisements

CHICAGO: Beautiful lake front, Clean, amazing architecture, best food in the nation, superb night life, culture is top notch, lots of gang crime.

ABILENE, TX: Flat, hot, tumble weeds, Rattle snake round-up, Great BBQ, bible thumpers, inexpensive housing.

OAHU, HI: Smells like flowers, rains everyday, good food, over crowded, expensive, lots of tourists, amazing beaches.

Destin, FL: White sand beaches, outlet malls, dead during off season.

Charleston, SC: Incredible historic sights, fried food, expensive, locals don't seem to understand Yankees like me.

San Diego, CA: Great nightlife, amazing greenery, perfect weather, expensive

Tuscon, AZ: HOT, lots of active people out and about.

Kansas City, MO: Greener than expected, busy, good shopping

Las Vegas, NV: plenty to see and do, great food, inexpensive housing, too many criminals, Hot summers

Dallas, TX: expansive, fake, great shopping, plenty to do, but not enough variety/culture

Houston, TX: SMOG, traffic, yuck

Austin, TX: great food, 6th street nightlife, too hot with humidity in the summer, becoming overcrowded

Wichita Falls, TX: crappy town, nothing to do, too many drugs and wanna be thugs

El Paso, TX: horrible water, boot outlets, strange to see Mexico just across the highway

Niagara Falls, NY: the falls itself is absolutely breathtaking, the actual town is dirty, dead, and depressing

Syracuse NY: COLD, good food, friendly people

San Antonio, TX: good food, river-walk, fun city, too crowded
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2013, 09:37 AM

1,312 posts, read 2,168,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
No need to start a thread about Houston, since trolls are starting one or two every week. I'll continue to protest whatever I feel like and you'll continue to deal with it.
I'm sorry, but you're the most unpleasant non-troll poster on these forums, and that's saying something. Some people are not going to like Houston in the same way you do, and that's fine, right? Everyone's different. Or will you be angry until everyone else thinks it's the center of the universe like you do? Seems pretty unreasonable, no?

Yet another thing you're wrong about is Dallas area BBQ:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalparadise View Post
Dallas has some decent BBQ joints--better than any Texas-style BBQ I've found in San Francisco--but Fort Worth has exceptional ones.
DFW has numerous good BBQ places, though I agree that Fort Worth seems to have the best ones, especially their phenomenal brisket.

Old 07-29-2013, 02:35 PM

933 posts, read 1,533,134 times
Dallas - bland, soulless, fake, people are pretentious, lots of high end shopping and luxury car dealerships, lack of scenery

Lubbock - friendly people, big enough to get city amenities but small enough where crowds and traffic aren't problems, beautiful sunsets

Austin - different feel from the other Texas cities. Beautiful scenery around the city, love the Hill Country

Buffalo, NY - friendly people, lakefront is pretty, older housing stock, some older houses look amazing, others not so much, laid-back and unpretentious. Lots of people have above-ground pools. Love the four seasons and snowy winters. Most underrated city

El Paso, TX - if my family didn't live there, I'd probably never visit. Lots of amazing taco places (Chico's) and authentic Mexican food. Laid back and unpretentious.

Chicago - amazing food, love the train system (we can get from my family's in the 'burbs to downtown without driving), Lake Michigan is beautiful, everyone should go to the Art Institute of Chicago at least once in their lives

Palm Beach County area of Florida - nice beaches, but it seems like the crowd there is mostly retirees. Very humid, it rains quite a bit during the summer.

San Antonio, TX - very fun, touristy city. Lots to do with the Riverwalk, Alamo and Sea World. Traffic seems the lightest out of the major cities in Texas.

Boston - LOTS and LOTS of history. Very humid during the summer. Easy to get around without a car. The drivers were not nearly as bad as people warned us about.

NYC - AMAZING public transit, Very easy to get around without a car. We've been a few times and still haven't seen everything we've wanted to. Surprisingly hot during the summer, not as cold as expected during the winter.

Gatlinburg, TN - the Smokey Mountains are beautiful. However, it seems very overly touristy and I would have preferred to visit a quieter area of the Smokey Mountains.

Old 07-29-2013, 02:47 PM

274 posts, read 470,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
Filthadelphia, enough said.
Is there a city named Filthydelplhia?

Old 07-29-2013, 02:48 PM

274 posts, read 470,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue bird View Post
Is there a city named Filthydelplhia?
Correction: Filthadelphia?

Old 07-29-2013, 03:05 PM

6,843 posts, read 10,960,126 times
My first impressions of Detroit was that it was very green.

Last edited by Trafalgar Law; 07-31-2013 at 04:32 AM..

Old 07-29-2013, 03:22 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,739,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppingDFW View Post
Dallas - bland, soulless, fake, people are pretentious, lots of high end shopping and luxury car dealerships, lack of scenery

Lubbock - friendly people, big enough to get city amenities but small enough where crowds and traffic aren't problems, beautiful sunsets

Austin - different feel from the other Texas cities. Beautiful scenery around the city, love the Hill Country

Buffalo, NY - friendly people, lakefront is pretty, older housing stock, some older houses look amazing, others not so much, laid-back and unpretentious. Lots of people have above-ground pools. Love the four seasons and snowy winters. Most underrated city

El Paso, TX - if my family didn't live there, I'd probably never visit. Lots of amazing taco places (Chico's) and authentic Mexican food. Laid back and unpretentious.

Chicago - amazing food, love the train system (we can get from my family's in the 'burbs to downtown without driving), Lake Michigan is beautiful, everyone should go to the Art Institute of Chicago at least once in their lives

Palm Beach County area of Florida - nice beaches, but it seems like the crowd there is mostly retirees. Very humid, it rains quite a bit during the summer.

San Antonio, TX - very fun, touristy city. Lots to do with the Riverwalk, Alamo and Sea World. Traffic seems the lightest out of the major cities in Texas.

Boston - LOTS and LOTS of history. Very humid during the summer. Easy to get around without a car. The drivers were not nearly as bad as people warned us about.

NYC - AMAZING public transit, Very easy to get around without a car. We've been a few times and still haven't seen everything we've wanted to. Surprisingly hot during the summer, not as cold as expected during the winter.

Gatlinburg, TN - the Smokey Mountains are beautiful. However, it seems very overly touristy and I would have preferred to visit a quieter area of the Smokey Mountains.
Are you sure you shouldnt consider changing your screen name? Maybe something like "DFWsucks" or "IhateDFW"? The theme just seems to be constant from your posts.

No disrespect, your are entitled to your opinion. That said, your screen name is misleading.

Old 07-29-2013, 04:18 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,698,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
Are you sure you shouldnt consider changing your screen name? Maybe something like "DFWsucks" or "IhateDFW"? The theme just seems to be constant from your posts.

No disrespect, your are entitled to your opinion. That said, your screen name is misleading.
It really is. lol.

Old 07-29-2013, 06:07 PM

933 posts, read 1,533,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post

I've made positive remarks about Dallas, people just choose to ignore them and focus on the negative.

Old 07-29-2013, 11:05 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,335,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CowsAndBeer View Post
I'm sorry, but you're the most unpleasant non-troll poster on these forums, and that's saying something. Some people are not going to like Houston in the same way you do, and that's fine, right? Everyone's different. Or will you be angry until everyone else thinks it's the center of the universe like you do? Seems pretty unreasonable, no?
I don't care that you find me unpleasant, so pretending that you have me figured out isn't doing me any harm. No one likes me until I agree with them.

I'm not looking to win any prizes here, yet my reputation is rather high, so apparently there's more than just a few people who appreciate what I have to say.

Quote:
Yet another thing you're wrong about is Dallas area BBQ:

DFW has numerous good BBQ places, though I agree that Fort Worth seems to have the best ones, especially their phenomenal brisket.
Whatever happened to respecting people's opinions? Or does that only apply when it's something you agree with? Either way, my comment was mostly tongue-in-cheek, and I'm sure the Dallasites are aware of that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.