Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2015, 12:28 AM

1 posts, read 3,050 times

Advertisements

We recently God section 8 from Salem Oregon, but we also signed one year lease at my current place in Rochester MN, where my husband is currently getting treated by Mayo Clinic Hospital. Is there away that they would possibly let us transfer due to his medical reasons? Plus my kids go to school here in Rochester.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2016, 04:09 PM

160 posts, read 352,338 times
the tenants have to keep the properties up and, so don't the Landlords. Before Section 8 accepts either tenant or landlord, they are checked out. Once a year, there is a housing inspection done, as well. The landlord is responsible to keeping the place decent and safe. The tenant can not be using drugs, a felon, not working, no arrests and NO complaints from their former landlords. Section 8 is not like a lot of people think it is.

Old 03-03-2016, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arosa View Post
Does anyone know of areas in Florida for section 8 housing? I am mostly interested in Tallahassee.
there is section 8 in Florida. A friend of mine who was on section 8 lived in Miami and wanted to move to Sarastoa. She moved within 3 months!

Old 03-03-2016, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Climber View Post
Lots of people with 1 post to their name in this thread.

Just curious if it occurs to any of you to contribute to your community a little bit. Just a thought. People who actually talk about Section 8 as a way of life puzzle the hell out of me. Moving to NY or Key West on the backs of your fellow citizens. Have you no shame?

Nevermind, I know the answer to that question.

Really? Section 8 helps keep a lot of people from being homeless. Normally, if a person applies for section 8 the wait can be years ( anywhere from 3 years and on). While it is true that many people that are on Section 8 are not working, they do have some type of income coming in. In order to qualify for section 8 a person cannot be a felon, has to work or have income, no problems with police. If a person on section 8 decides to raise hell among the neighbors or get arrested, then they can lose their voucher... for life!

They have to keep up their property that they are renting. Section 8 people do a house inspection, through every room to make sure that there are not more people living in the house/apt than supposed to, for one thing and to make sure that they are not damaging the property. God forbid if section 8 people think the person is making meth!

So, it's not about deadbeats!

Old 03-04-2016, 08:25 PM

6 posts, read 14,194 times
I'm on Section 8. I'm disabled, can't drive, barely walk and take 11 different medications a day. I'm on disability, but I put into it all those years I worked. Do I enjoy not being able to work? No. Do I enjoy being seriously ill? No. Did I choose to get ill and have my life turn into doc appointments/hospital stays/meds? Hell no. Do I wish I could do more? Yes.

Not everyone is milking the system. Some of us really need it.

Right now, I'm trying to find housing in Florida so I can be closer to family who can help me. My health isn't getting better.

Old 03-08-2016, 01:03 PM

1 posts, read 2,689 times
I want to apply for section 8, I don't have any kids. Once im approved I want to move out of state. how do this work? what will I have to do?

Old 07-04-2016, 08:12 PM

1 posts, read 2,407 times
Cedar Falls, Iowa is a safe place with good soil to garden. It's the only city I can find that allows families with kids of the same gender to have their own bedrooms. The rents are much higher than the payment standards but there are places cheap enough if you look very hard and accept anything. The landlord's do not like the program but again there are a few willing to accept it if they accept you. I suggest meeting them and being accepted to rent before you ask if they'll accept the voucher, otherwise you will get an automatic NO.

Old 07-05-2016, 08:05 AM

37,795 posts, read 41,505,631 times
This thread is full of one-time posters. Hmmm....

Old 07-05-2016, 10:16 AM

12,734 posts, read 9,370,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
This thread is full of one-time posters. Hmmm....
No kidding. Sympathies to those with disabilities, but for the rest, why not get a second job? I don't mean to be disrespectful or demeaning, but sect 8 shouldn't be a way of life. A stop gap for hard times, sure. But how are you able to move if you can't afford regular housing?

Old 12-20-2016, 09:18 AM

1 posts, read 2,050 times
I'm not sure what the best state is but I can tell you where the easiest states are to get section 8 housing. There's a list at Section 8 housing in each state. How hard is it? | Section 8 Facts that shows you how competitive getting section 8 is in each state. Hope this helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.