Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2017, 11:28 PM

1 posts, read 2,763 times

Advertisements

the best and fast way to get section 8 voucher
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2017, 09:11 PM

1 posts, read 2,597 times
that is a lot of section 8 rentals in NH but most places suck for matnice and the state ssi offices will fu over and most landlords will no give you your security deposit back and liy to get you evicted. if thay don't like you. In short we can't what to move from this short sited state that would rather anyone who's can't work be homeless or died

Old 05-09-2017, 02:13 PM

650 posts, read 867,729 times
California and NY.

Old 05-10-2017, 06:41 AM

12,837 posts, read 9,552,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben young View Post
Why are you not asking about the best state for a good JOB so you wont have to have section 8
No joke. People are always looking for freebies.

Old 05-10-2017, 06:42 AM

12,837 posts, read 9,552,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msofficer View Post
I want to apply for section 8, I don't have any kids. Once im approved I want to move out of state. how do this work? what will I have to do?
Why not work more?

Old 05-26-2017, 08:24 AM

3 posts, read 3,595 times
So did you move if so where?

Old 05-26-2017, 06:51 PM

2,088 posts, read 1,972,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalballmagic View Post
California and NY.
Bad advice, at least for California. I don't know about New York. In California landlords aren't required to take Section 8. As a result, most won't accept it, except in the very worst neighborhoods and even there not many do. There is such a housing shortage in the coastal cities there are almost no open rentals that accept Section 8. You have to go to the high desert or central valley to find rentals that accept section 8. It's not uncommon for people in California that have Section 8 vouchers to remain homeless because they can't find a place and they refuse to move out of LA or the Bay Area.

Old 07-10-2017, 02:48 PM

3 posts, read 5,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern man View Post
Why does the thread make me think of the folks that stand on the corner at the entrance to the Walmart parking lot, holding a sign. Everyday, rain or shine, the same folks are there.
Maybe because your mind is so small you cant think anything positive!

Old 07-10-2017, 02:55 PM

3 posts, read 5,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRESNOTOUGH View Post
i don't know about tallahassee, but i have heard that florida isn't the best state for section 8.
florida has so many out of staters moving in that property owners don't need section 8 as much as other states.
not to mention that most of the state is conservative, so a good portion of owners will never rent out to section 8.

i believe that the midwest/northeast would be the states for section 8 right now
ohio, penn, new york, etc. have so many people are leaving that there has to be large amount of owners willing to do section 8. think about trying those areas first.

good luck!
Florida is very section 8 friendly,Try middle Florida,like Lake county fl,very nice area,close to Orlando and not too far away from Tampa.It seems to be growing since people are moving there from Ca,New York, and Ga.Very affordable and not much crime,the police don't play around though,but are friendly as well!

Old 07-10-2017, 06:52 PM

10,214 posts, read 15,925,047 times
Easily Maryland. People in many areas are forced by the government to accept Section 8. Maryland however is a terrible state for honest, hardworking citizens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.