U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-05-2013, 07:58 AM

732 posts, read 792,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usernameX View Post
Now I understand immigrants is what made this country. But, theres way tooo many Mexicans here. If, there immigration and birth rates continue at this pace, we would basically be living in an extension of Mexico, the US would be 3rd world. Im not trying to be rude or racist, just shedding light on reality. What do you guys think about this topic?
1) America's a large country, only certain areas of the country have a Mexican immigration "problem".
2) Assimilate into what? America has always been and will always be a multicultural and racially diverse country.
3) Why do you feel that Mexican and presumably other non-white immigration will turn America into a 3rd world country?
4) Contrary to popular belief America was not a country "built by White people".
5) Most Mexican and African Americans have been in North America longer than the vast majority of European Americans.

Old 08-05-2013, 09:20 AM

4,026 posts, read 5,032,006 times
Quote:
Now I understand immigrants is what made this country. But, theres way tooo many Mexicans here. If, there immigration and birth rates continue at this pace, we would basically be living in an extension of Mexico, the US would be 3rd world. Im not trying to be rude or racist, just shedding light on reality. What do you guys think about this topic?
I agree. It is hard to absorb such a large population of people, especially when most of them are low skilled workers and many don't speak English. The illegals of course should be cut back to as little as possible and the legal immigrants from Mexico should be drastically reduced , better absorb the ones who are here. The percentage of foreign born in the US is the highest it's been in 100 years, most from Latin American and mostly Mexican and poor.

Old 08-05-2013, 07:04 PM

33 posts, read 46,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Given the enlightenment of the OP I do wonder if the term "Mexican" isn't being used in place of the more proper term "Hispanic"? I see this a lot in my Mensa-like (not) home state of Florida.
NOO I actually mean just Mexicans, not all hispanics. Im of Puerto Rican and Dominican decent myself, I personally believe the US could use a whole lot more Caribbean Hispanics, just no more Mexicans, please no more Mexicans. Theres too much of em, even in NYC, where PRs were once overwhelming dominanted, Mexicans are starting to encroach on PR dominance. Mexicans make all other hispanics look bad. I just wish the US could build a huge wall to keep these lil brown dwarfs out!

Old 08-05-2013, 07:06 PM

33 posts, read 46,520 times
And too allthe people saying, Americans "stole" their land, and they are getting it back thru their numbers.. is dumb.
US and Mexico had a war, and the US won and got that land fair and square.

Old 08-05-2013, 07:19 PM

10,153 posts, read 10,501,125 times
Quote:
NOO I actually mean just Mexicans, not all hispanics. Im of Puerto Rican and Dominican decent myself, I personally believe the US could use a whole lot more Caribbean Hispanics, just no more Mexicans, please no more Mexicans. Theres too much of em, even in NYC, where PRs were once overwhelming dominanted, Mexicans are starting to encroach on PR dominance. Mexicans make all other hispanics look bad. I just wish the US could build a huge wall to keep these lil brown dwarfs out!
Yeah, that's not bigoted at all.

Old 08-05-2013, 07:28 PM

3,743 posts, read 3,162,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
The Native Americans once said that..
Exactly. haha

Old 08-05-2013, 07:30 PM

756 posts, read 594,487 times
Quote:
Dude, you can't be for real.

Old 08-05-2013, 08:34 PM

3,093 posts, read 1,691,410 times
Our biggest challenge is our surplus of ignorant xenophobes.

Old 08-05-2013, 08:37 PM

2,786 posts, read 1,616,252 times
closed for review
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.