U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-24-2013, 01:37 PM
 
49 posts, read 100,248 times
Reputation: 39

Advertisements

Which decade culture just was unique and inspiring for me.
The most unique culture for me was = the 80's
The most boring culture to me was the 90's

By culture I mean Fashion, Music, language, and just the style of the time. The 80's just seem so cool to me because of E.T. The 90's just seemed boring and pretty cultureless incase you loved Hip Hop then it was great ,but if you didn't it just seemed boring. I think the 00's had more culture then the 90's its just my opinion because of the technology in the 00's just made things more unique then any other decade then the 90's. Just me what is yours and don't bash me because of my opinion!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-25-2013, 12:32 PM
 
21,198 posts, read 30,396,116 times
Reputation: 19627
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhart View Post
Which decade culture just was unique and inspiring for me.
The most unique culture for me was = the 80's
The most boring culture to me was the 90's

By culture I mean Fashion, Music, language, and just the style of the time. The 80's just seem so cool to me because of E.T. The 90's just seemed boring and pretty cultureless incase you loved Hip Hop then it was great ,but if you didn't it just seemed boring. I think the 00's had more culture then the 90's its just my opinion because of the technology in the 00's just made things more unique then any other decade then the 90's. Just me what is yours and don't bash me because of my opinion!!
The 70's, apparently you missed it.... and in comparison the 80's were really pretty unfortunate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-25-2013, 01:18 PM
 
Location: Pasadena, CA
9,832 posts, read 7,679,999 times
Reputation: 6288
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhart View Post
Which decade culture just was unique and inspiring for me.
The most unique culture for me was = the 80's
The most boring culture to me was the 90's

By culture I mean Fashion, Music, language, and just the style of the time. The 80's just seem so cool to me because of E.T. The 90's just seemed boring and pretty cultureless incase you loved Hip Hop then it was great ,but if you didn't it just seemed boring. I think the 00's had more culture then the 90's its just my opinion because of the technology in the 00's just made things more unique then any other decade then the 90's. Just me what is yours and don't bash me because of my opinion!!
The 00's were the 90's with faster Internet speeds. It was easily the least unique decade of the postwar era.

The 60's loom large culturally. My pick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-25-2013, 03:29 PM
 
7,238 posts, read 10,899,087 times
Reputation: 5583
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
The 00's were the 90's with faster Internet speeds. It was easily the least unique decade of the postwar era.

The 60's loom large culturally. My pick.
2010s may surprise you.

So far, I'm not impressed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-25-2013, 03:32 PM
 
7,238 posts, read 10,899,087 times
Reputation: 5583
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
The 70's, apparently you missed it.... and in comparison the 80's were really pretty unfortunate.
The 1970s were essentially an extension of the 1960s, which were quite unique.

The 1950s had a pretty unique culture.

And I disagree with the 1980s. It was probably the most pivotal time, culturally, in American history.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-25-2013, 04:03 PM
 
Location: Spring Hill FL
552 posts, read 614,354 times
Reputation: 571
The 80s were an awesome time to be a kid!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-25-2013, 04:37 PM
 
Location: Austin, Texas
3,093 posts, read 4,137,996 times
Reputation: 3117
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
The 00's were the 90's with faster Internet speeds. It was easily the least unique decade of the postwar era.

The 60's loom large culturally. My pick.
The 2000s wish they were the 90s with faster internet speeds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-25-2013, 05:56 PM
 
Location: New York NY
4,269 posts, read 6,351,433 times
Reputation: 9066
The 60s. 1960s AND the 1860s. Every hundred years the country wants to tear itself apart
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-25-2013, 07:47 PM
Status: "Got the rocking modern neon sound" (set 13 days ago)
 
Location: Boston
2,045 posts, read 1,995,600 times
Reputation: 1750
I'm thinking (with one being most unique/whatever)...

1) 60s
2) 20s
3) 90s
4) 40s/50s
5) 80s
6) (19)10s/(19)00s
7) (20)00s
8) 70s
9) 30s
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-25-2013, 07:53 PM
 
11,177 posts, read 22,384,826 times
Reputation: 10924
I'd say the 60's. The 80's were fun and all, but hardly groundbreaking. The 80's played it pretty safe as far as unique culture. I LOVED the 90's, but same deal. 20's were unique, 30's were for depression, honestly 40's were probably MOST unique because the world war threw civilization on its head, 50's were all smiles and happy (at least on paper), 70's were a darker extension of the 60's and 80's and 90's were a lot more commercialized. 2000's and 2010's are so dominated by conformity it's all quite bland and souless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top