Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who reigns supreme in the NW?
Portland 7 26.92%
Seattle 19 73.08%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 09:45 AM

832 posts, read 3,853,196 times

Advertisements

Portland or Seattle?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2007, 10:06 AM

146 posts, read 797,387 times
Um, serious, who is going to vote for Portland in this survey? Everyone in their right mind knows that Seattle reigns supreme in PacNW. However, I don't feel that Portland and Seattle are in any form of competition.

Old 11-16-2007, 10:25 AM

1,576 posts, read 6,349,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenOR View Post
Um, serious, who is going to vote for Portland in this survey? Everyone in their right mind knows that Seattle reigns supreme in PacNW. However, I don't feel that Portland and Seattle are in any form of competition.
Factor in the home prices, and I choose Portland. Every time.

Old 11-16-2007, 10:56 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,372,455 times
I went with Portland just because its different. I like Seattle, but Portland is quieter, cheaper, etc.

Old 11-16-2007, 11:05 AM

793 posts, read 3,121,944 times
As much as I love the Pacific northwest, Seattle & Portland are big disappointments to me in relation to the hype they receive. Neither are very active downtowns after dark and Seattle is littered with nothing but drifters and stoned addicts in the supposed tourist hot spots between the waterfront and Pioneer Square. Portland is morbid and is becoming overrun with far left nut jobs. Again, terrific REGIONS, but I wouldn't choose either city.

Old 11-16-2007, 11:29 AM

146 posts, read 797,387 times
A far-left nut job to you is probably a perfectly normal/intelligent person to me, and is part of the reason that I chose to live in Portland. Also, most homeless people are completely harmless.

Old 11-16-2007, 11:58 AM

676 posts, read 2,796,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown stuntman View Post
As much as I love the Pacific northwest, Seattle & Portland are big disappointments to me in relation to the hype they receive. Neither are very active downtowns after dark and Seattle is littered with nothing but drifters and stoned addicts in the supposed tourist hot spots between the waterfront and Pioneer Square. Portland is morbid and is becoming overrun with far left nut jobs. Again, terrific REGIONS, but I wouldn't choose either city.
You are hilarious. Left wing nut jobs and morbid sounds like my kinda town

Old 11-16-2007, 12:31 PM

1,989 posts, read 6,597,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown stuntman View Post
LOL hyperbole much?

Old 11-16-2007, 01:38 PM

694 posts, read 2,651,580 times
The funny thing about left wing nut jobs as opposed to right
wing nut jobs is they tend not to recruit and are easier to avoid.

Hardcore left wingers - self loathing and introspective
Hardcore right wingers - self ordained and compelled to spread the word.

The majority of us here are moderates and disregard the
hypocritical nature of both sects.

Portland is weird (cool) but lacks diversity.
I have only visited Seattle maybe a dozen times or so.
I liked the vibe hated the traffic.

Old 11-16-2007, 02:15 PM

1,969 posts, read 6,390,841 times
For city life? Seattle. For family? Portland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.