U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2013, 04:36 PM

14,800 posts, read 17,735,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
You really think we have one "American Culture"?
Yea.
There is regional differences like every other country in the world but we are pretty similar to each other, we all mostly...
vote in the same elections, watch the same sports, celebrate the same holidays, eat the same foods, listen to similar music, speak the same language, fashion is similar all over, etc..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2013, 05:04 PM

12,340 posts, read 10,329,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Yea.
There is regional differences like every other country in the world but we are pretty similar to each other, we all mostly...
vote in the same elections, watch the same sports, celebrate the same holidays, eat the same foods, listen to similar music, speak the same language, fashion is similar all over, etc..

Yeah, we sure are one happy united country aren't we.

Now you know why I am always pushing for the breakup of this country. We are a nation of people that despise each other. It is only going to get worse.

Try these two of your fellow Americans from the other thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flmac772 View Post
We care who comes. I'm fifth generation Florida cracker with relatives who fought in the civil war. I was raised in traditional "old Florida", before the influx of Yankees began ruining our state. Truth is, we mostly despise y'all. But we are courteous. Just leave us be, remain friendly, don't criticize how we do things here, because dang sure don't care how y'all did it up there. Realize it's laid back here and there's a load of traditions that we follow. If you don't know, just ask. But you will meet a bunch of your kind down here depending where you go. Big cities, along the coast and if you relocate near Disney World. That's where all the Yankees are down here. Start southeast or southwest along the coast and head north on either side. Populated cities are full of y'all, the pockets of small towns still belong to us. Panhandle area remained "old Florida" for the most part, and in the center of the state, away from congestion is still old Florida.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flmac772 View Post
It will never die, because the south never will. Keep your bull**** up there and we will down here. This country splitting would be one of the best things that could happen.

Old 09-24-2013, 06:14 PM

2,176 posts, read 974,667 times
Quote:
What is the deal with this obsession everyone has over race? you can visit the Toronto vs Houston forum and pretty much 70 percent of the post are people repeating how diverse each city is.

Why does it matter how diverse a city is? and why do people care so much about what race their neighbors are?
thank you!!

Old 09-24-2013, 06:17 PM

2,176 posts, read 974,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
We are a nation of immigrants. We are the world.
We're the United States

Old 09-24-2013, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
Yeah, we sure are one happy united country aren't we.

Now you know why I am always pushing for the breakup of this country. We are a nation of people that despise each other. It is only going to get worse.

Try these two of your fellow Americans from the other thread:
Interesting how you try to choose that one post like it represents everyone's attitude in the South.
Separatist are a minority in the south and you also find them in most countries. Canada, United Kingdom, Spain, etc....
Been to the south many time and i know many southerners, none of them have a problem with people from the north.

Old 10-30-2013, 11:38 PM

2,241 posts, read 2,677,750 times
Quote:
What is the deal with this obsession everyone has over race? you can visit the Toronto vs Houston forum and pretty much 70 percent of the post are people repeating how diverse each city is.

Why does it matter how diverse a city is? and why do people care so much about what race their neighbors are?
You seem to be just as obsessed especially starting this thread? Pot meet kettle.

¡BYE!

Old 10-30-2013, 11:40 PM

2,241 posts, read 2,677,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by invincibl3 View Post
yea.
Vote in the same elections, watch the same sports, celebrate the same holidays, eat the same foods, listen to similar music, speak the same language, fashion is similar all over, etc..
this i agree with.

+1

Old 10-31-2013, 04:32 AM

34,707 posts, read 33,729,968 times
My experience is people want to live with other people of the same income level and they don't care about your color, religion or sexual preference as long as you are in the same income bracket as they are.

People who pat themselves on their back for racial diversity usually, in my opinion, don't tolerate diversity of opinion.

Old 10-31-2013, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelismaticEchoes View Post
You seem to be just as obsessed especially starting this thread? Pot meet kettle.

¡BYE!
Huh?

Old 10-31-2013, 02:02 PM

6,212 posts, read 7,398,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
We are a nation of immigrants. We are the world.
Exactly! Can't rep you though unfortunately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.