Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 09:52 PM

73 posts, read 104,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlanynna View Post
Im not sure how that is bigoted....anyways it was a joke lighten up jerk
Oh, so it's cool to make fun of people who had their land stolen and who were enslaved.... so long as they have white skin, right?

Yeah, such a funny joke.

Last edited by 058057; 10-10-2013 at 10:01 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2013, 10:42 PM

12,623 posts, read 13,929,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 058057 View Post
Oh, so it's cool to make fun of people who had their land stolen and who were enslaved.... so long as they have white skin, right?

Yeah, such a funny joke.

Are you even Irish-American? What are you even blabbing about "had their land stolen and enslaved". Get real and stop blabbing Sinn Fein nonsense. Irish weren't slaves in the South, just as they weren't in the North. They were mostly indentured servants or when later waves came just free people looking for work with meager wages.

Old 10-10-2013, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
Are you even Irish-American? What are you even blabbing about "had their land stolen and enslaved". Get real and stop blabbing Sinn Fein nonsense. Irish weren't slaves in the South, just as they weren't in the North. They were mostly indentured servants or when later waves came just free people looking for work with meager wages.
Yeah, actually they were. And in the Caribbean. So were English people from poorer classes and orphans.

Learn your damn history before you go spouting off at the mouth.

How dare you question my roots, kid. I have ancestors who were literally worked to death. Luckily, they weren't slaves, just poor Irish.

No Irish slaves, right? http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-iri...e-slaves/31076

Nope http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery...sh_enslavement

Definitely never happened http://www.yale.edu/glc/tangledroots/Barbadosed.htm

Not possible for it to have happened, right? http://www.historyjournal.ie/irish-s...ave-trade.html

Last edited by 058057; 10-10-2013 at 10:56 PM..

Old 10-10-2013, 10:53 PM

241 posts, read 245,955 times
LOL Im not white

Whos stole your land?
can you get it back?

Old 10-10-2013, 10:55 PM

Quote:
LOL Im not white

Whos stole your land?
can you get it back?
Lol I never said you were, but you're still a bigot.

The English. Learn history. Funny thing is, if you knew history, you'd know that the same tactics that were used against non-whites by the British were first perfected against the Irish in Ireland.

You'd also know that black power groups have supported Irish independence and vise versa, for a reason.

Old 10-10-2013, 10:59 PM

I read up on history...problem is there his story, your story and then the truth...history is never one sided. Anyways, if it offended you, Im sorry....i was just being silly, the thread seemed a little too serious. Started of as wheres a good city for Irish heritage, and you start scrolling down to hear about Irish slaves.was just trying to lighten the thread up a bit ;-(

Old 10-10-2013, 11:09 PM

Quote:
I read up on history...problem is there his story, your story and then the truth...history is never one sided. Anyways, if it offended you, Im sorry....i was just being silly, the thread seemed a little too serious. Started of as wheres a good city for Irish heritage, and you start scrolling down to hear about Irish slaves.was just trying to lighten the thread up a bit ;-(
You clearly don't know the truth. It happened. It's not debatable. It's been covered up by the English.

Maybe don't insult an entire group of people and make light of their plight and you'll find I'm quite easily "lightened up".

Have you never asked yourself why it's perfectly okay to make fun of the Irish yet not to make fun of any other group? Sure you can make jokes about Italian and Polish, but their entire country and people? Hell no. The Irish though? Fair game.

Old 10-10-2013, 11:17 PM

Haha....Well since you seemed to be stuck in history, let me give you a reality check on the present.
Black Power groups do not care if you have an Irish face or an English face, to them you are a white Devil. You know those black men that dress up in suits and ties and hang around the stoplights with their black power pamphlets, I guarantee you there is not a exception clause in there for the Irish ;-)

Please dont use black power groups as a reference to history
Some black power groups, think Hitler was a saint. some think the jews sold them into slavery. Some even think Barrack Obama is the antichrist. Just like white power groups, they promote the flavor of the day and whatever can further their cause

Old 10-10-2013, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Haha....Well since you seemed to be stuck in history, let me give you a reality check on the present.
Black Power groups do not care if you have an Irish face or an English face, to them you are a white Devil. You know those black men that dress up in suits and ties and hang around the stoplights with their black power pamphlets, I guarantee you there is not a exception clause in there for the Irish ;-)

Please dont use black power groups as a reference to history
Some black power groups, think Hitler was a saint. some think the jews sold them into slavery. Some even think Barrack Obama is the antichrist. Just like white power groups, they promote the flavor of the day and whatever can further their cause
Maybe not now because they aren't educated like the original groups were, but there was.

And allow me to give YOU a reality check on the present. The Irish people still have to deal with the same crap they have had to deal with for centuries, even if it isn't mandated by law anymore. Read up on what's going on outside of whatever your country is. I count myself lucky that a) I'm not descended from slaves but from simply poor Irish, and b) I'm not living in the area my ancestors come from, which is plagued by violence against true Irish people. No decent human being should turn a blind eye to what's been going on in that country for centuries, though.

So make your jokes about a different group.

Old 10-10-2013, 11:33 PM

FYI Im and American Indian........I have so many people arguing my peoples plight you would think it was their ancestors that it happened to. You have people offended over the Redskins right now and most of us dont even care. The post was about the Irish, its not like I just picked Irish people out of thin air, thats what the post was about...lol
You are just whacked out and crazy, or just overly sensitive. Who doesnt associate Irish with beer even the dear old Irish do.
You read way too much into my initial post , you whackadoodle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.