U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2013, 11:34 AM

51 posts, read 90,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Any city in the South is going to have lots of native Southerners, so keep that in mind.
West Palm Beach doesn't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2013, 01:02 PM

2,820 posts, read 4,927,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARhodyInTheDesert View Post
West Palm Beach doesn't.
You are right in crossing in Charlotte off of your list.....Phoenix is a nice trendy city with lots going on.
Check on it!

Old 09-29-2013, 01:05 PM

29,889 posts, read 27,333,728 times
Quote:
West Palm Beach doesn't.
I'm talking about the cities on your list. Most people know that a lot of the Florida cities are full of Northern retirees and immigrants.

Old 09-29-2013, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastbabe View Post
You are right in crossing in Charlotte off of your list.....Phoenix is a nice trendy city with lots going on.
Check on it!
Hey, westcoastbabe! I appreciate your input!

I LOVE Phoenix--it's so new, clean, and manicured. I especially enjoy the grid-style layout of the Phoenix metro area; the smooth, wide modern roads and freeways; and all of the manicured landscaping abound. Phoenix is much warmer than Charlotte in the fall, winter, and spring, and it's within reasonable driving distance from Vegas, Southern California, ABQ/Santa Fe, and the Grand Canyon. All of these feats are major pluses in my book!

I've visited both Charlotte and Raleigh, and both cities seem way sleepier and less happenin' than Phoenix, for sure. Also, I'm not too crazy about the South in general, so I'd probably be much happier in Phoenix than in Charlotte, Raleigh, Atlanta, et al.

Old 09-29-2013, 03:19 PM

2,820 posts, read 4,927,572 times
Quote:
I'm not too crazy about the South in general, so I'd probably be much happier in
Phoenix than in Charlotte, Raleigh, Atlanta, et al.
AMEN to that...Couldn't have said it better myself.

Old 09-29-2013, 03:25 PM

3,767 posts, read 2,553,386 times
I would suggest Tampa, seems the most suited for you.

Old 09-29-2013, 04:01 PM

1,399 posts, read 1,875,238 times
Quote:
Hey, westcoastbabe! I appreciate your input!

I LOVE Phoenix--it's so new, clean, and manicured. I especially enjoy the grid-style layout of the Phoenix metro area; the smooth, wide modern roads and freeways; and all of the manicured landscaping abound. Phoenix is much warmer than Charlotte in the fall, winter, and spring, and it's within reasonable driving distance from Vegas, Southern California, ABQ/Santa Fe, and the Grand Canyon. All of these feats are major pluses in my book!

I've visited both Charlotte and Raleigh, and both cities seem way sleepier and less happenin' than Phoenix, for sure.
If you like "new, clean, and manicured", Charlotte and Atlanta should be two that stay on your list.

Phoenix is twice the size of Charlotte, but the word "sleepy" isn't something I'd use to describe it. I mean both Raleigh and Charlotte are growing faster than Phoenix. Out of the cities on your list, Charlotte probably has the lowest cost of living as well.

I'm not exactly sure why you'd include Charlotte and Atlanta in your choices just to mark them off because of their geographical location and climate when you knew their geographical location and climate before you made this post, but "LOVE" Phoenix, even though it has traffic problems and wildfires.

Quote:
Also, I'm not too crazy about the South in general, so I'd probably be much happier in Phoenix than in Charlotte, Raleigh, Atlanta, et al.
Yet Atlanta, Charlotte, Dallas, Orlando, and Tampa are all located in the South.

Something about that doesn't make sense, but it's your choice.

Last edited by JMT; 09-29-2013 at 05:46 PM.. Reason: Discuss the topic, not other posters.

Old 09-29-2013, 05:01 PM

1,176 posts, read 2,214,549 times
So what was the point of this thread? You seem to have made your mind up about Phoenix

Old 09-29-2013, 05:29 PM

29,889 posts, read 27,333,728 times
Quote:
Also, I'm not too crazy about the South in general, so I'd probably be much happier in Phoenix than in Charlotte, Raleigh, Atlanta, et al.
So why are the majority of the cities on your list Southern?

This is nuts.

Old 09-29-2013, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
So why are the majority of the cities on your list Southern?

This is nuts.
Well, I've been told time and time again that the economies of Dallas, Houston, Atlanta, and Charlotte are much better than the economies of Phoenix, Las Vegas, Tampa, and Orlando, so that's the reason why I don't want to cross any of my preliminary choices cities off my list just yet. Don't you agree that's a safe bet at this point in time?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.